So much for the X being a "flop"

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
ph33r mah l33t investigative skillz (sorry, couldn't help it) ....... In two seconds using Google I found several news articles, with photos of customers inside the Apple stores and outside of the stores lined up down sidewalks.... on Nov 3, 2017, launch day;

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/11/iphone-x-arriving-in-stores-around-the-world/#mn_p

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/03/iphone-x-launch-celebrated-by-apple/

Thank you for bringing your leet skillz and much needed TRUTH to this thread.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So much for the X being a "flop"

... using Google I found several news articles, with photos of customers inside the Apple stores and outside of the stores lined up down sidewalks.... on Nov 3, 2017, launch day...

When I had preordered the X I wasn’t able to get into Apple’s site right away so that by the time I was able to place my order for one shipping dates had already slipped to weeks out from the street date of 11/3. Or, I could (and did) choose in store pick up on the day of release (11/3). So I choose the in store pick up option with a reservation time between 5p-6p as I had to work that day. When I arrived at the Apple store during my reservation window, there were two lines for it. The one that I was in had about a half dozen or so of people who had preordered for in store pick up. The other line was for walk ins, and that line was like 30-40 people waiting to be seen to purchase X’s. Now this was between 5p & 6p when I was there, and the line for walk ins was still that long...
As, if I recall right, the Apple stores were open at 8am on that day.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is just my take and I have no real data here but I’d be willing to bet the vast majority of iPhones sell either online or through third parties. Over time the scale will continue to tip and less people will be waiting in lines outside of Apple Stores. Smaller lines don’t necessarily mean less iPhone sales; it could also point to increased online sales.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am still having an occasional new ‘X’ sighting...
Starbucks seems to be the place to be for me recently, as yesterday I spotted a gentleman’s ‘notch’ there. Today it was two ladies ‘notches.’
PS, yeah, I know how that might sound...
;-)
#NotchRules

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't matter either way. I'd I like a device I would get it even if the only one was sold was the one that I bought!! I just upgraded from the 7 plus!!! I don't regret it at all!!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Where were you to have the iPhone X available on launch day? You couldn't do that here in Houston. Specifics, please (actual name and address of store where iPhone X was available, were there any lines of people waiting, etc.).

As for the click-bait, anti iPhone X BS that's been thoroughly discredited, we need some way to broadly shut down fake news media. We need to figure out how these same BS main stream stories come out year after year, so that we can permanently discredit the BS artists who make a living tricking society's suckers into believing nonsense.

I went to the Xfinity Store on Tidwell and got an iPhone X on launch day, no pre-order and no line -- and they still had them in stock when I left.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Re: So much for the X being a "flop"

So, even with Tim Cook's statement about the iPhone X being Apple's top seller, record profits built in the iPhone X, and Apple's beating their own projections such that Warren Buffet makes a huge increase in his Apple holdings, and you are still talking about disappointing sales!? WTF? <redacted>

Conspiracy theorists or flat out haters will always disregard facts for fabrications.

BillyBreathes

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Only personal experience I had with getting the X close to launch was that I ordered it for one of my employees. The order was placed through Telus in December, and they had a three week back order at that time. He personally loves it.

I want one, but I think I’m going to wait until they come out with 11, then the price with a renewed contract might be more reasonable. Still really like my 7 tbh.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
This is why I will more than likely hold on to my 8 Plus until it no longer works any more. I will never go for this Face ID thing without a Home button. Thankfully iPhones have a tendency to last quite a few years before its hardware is not able to keep up with the OS.. At that point I'll have to look at other options, because I will not be buying a Face ID product.

Just curious, but why the disdain towards faceid and not having a home button? I’ll admit I was really skeptical about it at first but after picking up the X I find it to be much faster and more reliable than using the fingerprint scanner. The home button removal was actually done quite well also I’ve had zero complaints about the gesture integration since day one it feels very natural.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, but why the disdain towards faceid and not having a home button? I’ll admit I was really skeptical about it at first but after picking up the X I find it to be much faster and more reliable than using the fingerprint scanner. The home button removal was actually done quite well also I’ve had zero complaints about the gesture integration since day one it feels very natural.

I don't really have a "disdain" for FaceID. I'm just comfortable with the Home button and Fingerprint ID and am not ready to lose those features.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Everybody was comfortable with home button and Touch ID until the X came out. :)

I've played with the X at the Apple store. Did not like it, at all. Nice screen and felt good in my hands, but absolutely did not like the missing Home button.

/hugs her 8 Plus

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I think the only thing I miss with moving to the X is the larger screen size. Other than that I'm good. The new screen resolution is amazing.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've played with the X at the Apple store. Did not like it, at all. Nice screen and felt good in my hands, but absolutely did not like the missing Home button.

/hugs her 8 Plus

My dad got the X last week and so far I’m impressed with it. I didn’t miss the home button even once.
This year I’m gonna get the best iPhone they’ll present at the keynote.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

/hugs her 8 Plus

If you had the phone, after a week you'd likely not want to go back to a home button.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
These numbers do not lie and speak for themselves:

5e1d3dd0f0d3c0dcd6cec51e0f2393bf.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
This is why I will more than likely hold on to my 8 Plus until it no longer works any more. I will never go for this Face ID thing without a Home button. Thankfully iPhones have a tendency to last quite a few years before its hardware is not able to keep up with the OS.. At that point I'll have to look at other options, because I will not be buying a Face ID product.

Don't blame you i have had it off for unlock for ages, painful. If the plus wasn't so big and 8 too small i would sell it today.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73