My experience with apple after my iPhone X issue

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
In addition, Apple's warranty terms for iPhones: https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html#mn_p

As for the ludicrousness of comparing an expensive third party insurance policy that provides a replacement new Mercedes Benz with Apple's standard warranty - ignoring the fact that Daimler Benz does not have such warranty replacement terms in their standard warranty; that it may be possible to get third party insurance for iPhones that provides a new replacement phone for I am sure a hefty premium as well... :rolleyes:[/FONT][/COLOR]

My AMEX card offers that type of replacement for phones if I am not mistaken. I have at least two more credit cards with a similar replacement program, but I have never looked into it because I have never needed it.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If I paid that much for a car, especially a Mercedes-Benz E550 4MATIC, I'd want it replaced. ;) I don't think I've ever seen someone in a tech forum say the exact make and model of their car until now.

I think you can get replacement for phone, but mostly people just break it somehow on purpose. Not recommended unless you don't have a conscience but some will feel entitled to it like Apple owes them or something.

You must not venture to other tech forums if you haven't seen someone state the exact make and model of their car. One of the sites I frequent has a "what car do you drive" thread. I've seen it on gun forums too. Although I have never seen a "what cell phone do you have" thread on a gun or car forum!

apple owes me something after the way they handled throttling on an old phone I had and forced me into getting a new one. Had they disclosed they throttled the processor or that it was just the battery that needed to be replaced I wouldn't be as pissed.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Everyone knows the S550 is the only real Mercedes anyway. Everything else is garbage.

The S550 is nice, but too big for me at this time. Both the S550 and my E550 4MATIC have the same engine but since my car is lighter it accelerates faster which is a plus!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hear you, but I have seen people get their way by acting less professional than I ever will. The last time I was in the apple store changing out my iPhone 7 Plus after the screen cracked there was someone next to me who had a basically destroyed iPhone and they told the rep that the condition of the phone has nothing to do with whatever was wrong with it. Since they were so close and loud I was able to ascertain that the phone was outside of the warranty period. They proceeded to curse out the employee and manager and they ended up giving in to the customers. So don't tell me being an a**hole doesn't get you what you want because I have plenty more examples where that came from.

I'm not embarrassed for standing up for what I believe is right. You should be embarrassed to put someone down for standing up for what they believe is right.

We might be thinking of it in different terms. I'm picturing it like my son when it's time for bed and he doesn't want to go. I wouldn't call that "standing up for what he believes in" but it sounds a lot like the way you explained how you think it's appropriate to act when you don't get what you want (at least how I'm picturing it, though maybe without the laying on the floor part). I'd be embarrassed if it was me, the same way I'm embarrassed for someone I see acting that way in any store (though I do admit I get a chuckle out of it). There are ways to act and ways not to, encouraging and rewarding that behavior is not something I believe in, whether it's a child or an adult. Respect and decency go a long way.

But whatever, I guess if it works for you and you feel ok about it, that's fine. But it wouldn't work with me in retail, just like it doesn't work when my son tries to pull that crap when it's time for bed. :rotfl:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one :) Hopefully Android or whatever you decide to do next is something that works out better for you.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I hear you, but I have seen people get their way by acting less professional than I ever will. The last time I was in the apple store changing out my iPhone 7 Plus after the screen cracked there was someone next to me who had a basically destroyed iPhone and they told the rep that the condition of the phone has nothing to do with whatever was wrong with it. Since they were so close and loud I was able to ascertain that the phone was outside of the warranty period. They proceeded to curse out the employee and manager and they ended up giving in to the customers. So don't tell me being an a**hole doesn't get you what you want because I have plenty more examples where that came from.

I'm not embarrassed for standing up for what I believe is right. You should be embarrassed to put someone down for standing up for what they believe is right.

No, acting like an a**hole just means you’re an a**hole. Standing up for what is right is completely different.
Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat for a white person because she was standing up for human rights. She didn’t kick and scream like a two year old. That’s how you stand up for what you believe in.
I’ll leave it at that.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
There are plenty of reasons that I would never drive a Prius. In no certain order:
  • Lack of AWD on a Prius
  • Lack of adequate engine power
  • Lack of adequate acceleration
  • Wrong political party
  • Looks like s**t
  • Lack of adequate ground clearance
  • Did I mention it looks like s**t?
  • Plenty more which I can't think of

You are right, I see plenty of people with an iPhone as a statement.

I can understand most of you points about the Prius, it is not a great car, just that it gets great fuel economy. At the same time, it is stupid to say you can't have one because you are the "wrong political party," much like people who claim they can't own an Apple device because of the political statement it makes.

Though if you really want to mess with people's heads, then you should buy a Prius and drive it, with various NRA, Trump. etc. bumper stickers on the back (as opposed to the typical liberal bumper stickers Prius owners have). And no, not a serious suggestion since the car doesn't work for you; I just get tired of the divisions in the US -- regardless of if it is political, tech (Apple/Android/Microsoft), etc. Not buying the best product for you, for reasons other than how that product will work for you, is largely stupid.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Stay civil and leave the expletives out of the conversations, please. Thank you!

nakialjohnson83

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
One way is the serial model number. Refurbished devices have a serial model number that starts with F, while a new model starts with M. (A replacement device, such as a warranty swap at an Apple Store, starts with N.)

See How to Check if iPhone is New, Refurbished, or Replacement

(And with that I just discovered that my iPhone X that I bought brand new at an Apple Store starts with F. Hmmm....)

My iPhone 8 Plus is brand new from T-Mobile and the Serial number starts with the letter F I’m wondering could it be a refurbished device after all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 8 Plus is brand new from T-Mobile and the Serial number starts with the letter F I’m wondering could it be a refurbished device after all.

I crossed out serial number in my post and replaced it with model number because I was wrong when I originally posted. It is not the serial number, it is the model number. The serial number has nothing to do with whether a device is new, replacement, or refurbished.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My insurance policy says that I have a right to a new car so you're incorrect. Also I didn't chose to buy insurance. My state requires insurance so it wasn't a choice I made.

I never mentioned the manufacture of my Swiss watches, so assume what you want.

No, I am correct. It is not a legal requirement anywhere that I am aware of to buy car insurance that will replace your old car with a identical new car if you crash it.

I remember your legal theories about downloading content - please check your facts before you
post.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My AMEX card offers that type of replacement for phones if I am not mistaken. I have at least two more credit cards with a similar replacement program, but I have never looked into it because I have never needed it.

Wow! You have three credit cards, all with phone replacement programmes!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro