I was wondering if there is a way to restore a photo/video that was deleted from the trash section of my photos. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    04-21-2018 08:35 PM
    They may still be in iCloud. You could look at iCloud.com on computer and see. If you backed up since they were deleted, they may be gone.
    04-21-2018 08:51 PM
    You can use a third party app. I know now there are many in Apple Store.
    04-22-2018 08:51 PM
    I was wondering if there is a way to restore a photo/video that was deleted from the trash section of my photos. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Unless you've already saved it to a different location / device or using another photo storing app (Google, Dropbox, etc.) then they are probably gone.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-23-2018 09:53 AM
    This is the very reason I also back up my iCloud photos to my google photos app and once a month I also copy my iCloud photos to my hard drive on my iMac desktop where they are backed up using time machine.

I have been burned in the past by accidental deletion of my photos on iCloud and it’s better to be safe then sorry.
    kataran and lgdlman like this.
    04-23-2018 03:50 PM
    This is the very reason I also back up my iCloud photos to my google photos app and once a month I also copy my iCloud photos to my hard drive on my iMac desktop where they are backed up using time machine.

I have been burned in the past by accidental deletion of my photos on iCloud and it’s better to be safe then sorry.
    I put all photos on google photos for the same reason.
    05-09-2018 09:33 PM
    Just in case if you still haven't restored your photos. If you have an old iTunes backup that may contain your photos you can load some third-party software (there are quite a few solutions on the web) that allows you to browse backups and check if photos are still there. Browsing backup content should be free even if it's a paid app, so you will at least see if there is any sense of restroing this backup to save your pictures.

Also, if you've made a fresh backup with iTunes after deleting the photos, you can try to find the previous backup in TimeMachine backup (if you're on Mac). Hope this helps!
    05-10-2018 11:33 AM