Dust gathers around the edges

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So since the iPhone X screen protectors don't cover the full screen. I wish they would because dust settles around those edges. Any of you have the same problem? Since the front screen is black, I hate the white dust showing up on top of that screen protector edges on the sides and by the front cameras. Are there any screen protectors that cover the whole screen?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I think by design most screen protectors are cut to leave a very small border edge around the screen to accommodate a case. At least I have noticed that on the ones I have used on my iPhone X which I have the Apple OEM leather case installed on.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, most aren’t edge to edge because of cases. Cases will push the edge to edge screen protector off of your screen and create air pockets. A lot of people love the edge to edge screen protectors though. I personally don’t care for them because they cut off a very small portion of the screen that I notice.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Common problem. Slightly annoying but I just blow the dust out and it’s fine.

Yup pretty annoying the one I have is the Jtech one and around the front cameras it’s like snow lol very annoying maybe I will try a full screen one I have pretty thin case so maybe it will be ok. Thanks for the replies and cheers!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I thinks most are not edge to edge due to the curve. The curved screens on the samsungs phones have shown how much of a disaster screen protectors are on it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yup pretty annoying the one I have is the Jtech one and around the front cameras it’s like snow lol very annoying maybe I will try a full screen one I have pretty thin case so maybe it will be ok. Thanks for the replies and cheers!

Wow. Mine isn’t like snow. Just a little bit here and there. Are you putting your device in a pocket that is full of lint or are you in a dusty environment? I just can’t imagine it collecting that much.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That’s not just an iPhone X issue. Seems to happen with most phones I’ve used. Less of an issue if using an SP with no case because the wipe away is much easier.