Mind of its own

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Title pretty much sums it up. Runaway typing, clicking on links, and it almost reported a friend on Facebook. Anyone else having this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those symptoms typically reflect water damage, but if you’re certain that it is not, I recommend you restore your device and then set it up as new....NOT from a backup!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Could I get a replacement at a Verizon store? I know of a few I could park at.

I doubt a Verizon store would help, they'd likely just have you call Apple for repair/replacement. Then again, with many Apple Stores being in malls, it seems like some malls would have an area where you could park -- at least long enough to visit a couple of stores in the mall.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As others have said, I think you will need to take the device to a Apple store and get a replacement.

I would search the area your in and see if there is a Apple store close to where you are.

I would think you could get into a major mall with a semi truck because they make deliveries to those places all the time. Just a thought.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes, malls have docks for deliveries, but nowhere in the lot to park without incurring a large fine. And, if your not delivering there, they’re not going to like having their docks blocked.

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Perform an exorcism. Make sure you use white sage and circle it around the device. This should help cleanse it and restore it to its former glory...

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Perform an exorcism. Make sure you use white sage and circle it around the device. This should help cleanse it and restore it to its former glory...

I appreciate the attempt at humor, but right now, it’s taking all of my energy to keep myself from snapping. It’s been that kind of week.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Dispatch got me home. Went to the Apple Store. Defective screen. They replaced it under warranty. Things seem to be better now. They said though if it happens again, it is probably the phone, and they’ll replace it.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Dispatch got me home. Went to the Apple Store. Defective screen. They replaced it under warranty. Things seem to be better now. They said though if it happens again, it is probably the phone, and they’ll replace it.

Glad you were able to get it taken care of. Hope that it works now, that you don't have to replace the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711