I've seen lots of people complaining about their iPhone X display scratching quite easily. Interested to hear people's experience.
    more: athena fulland giai đoạn 2
    Personally:
    Had my 6S plus for 2 years (naked), with scuffs around the edges and rear, but front glass in pretty good condition, only 1 or 2 minor scratches.
    iPhone X is nearly 2 months old (after getting a replacement for an issue), and has dozens of scratches on the front glass, some of which quite visible when display brightness is low or ambient light is high. Back glass also scratches quite a bit, to be expected I suppose. The only upside is the stainless steel rim is in perfect condition.
    more: ecodream
    TLDR; do people think their iPhone X glass scratches ridiculously easily?
    I look after mine very carefully, and it has performed poorly compared to previous models. Grounds for replacement, as it is affecting display quality?? We shouldnt need to use a screen protector to stop the display being damage if we look after the device, surely...
    more: chung cư starlake tây hồ tây
    Last edited by doomsmith; 05-16-2018 at 03:53 AM.
    04-06-2018 07:02 AM
    I used my iPhone X without a screen protector for the first couple of months I had it and I I didn’t have any scratches on my screen. But I am very careful and treat all my devices with the upmost care.

I did put a screen protector on the device to test it for the manufacturer who sent me a couple of demos and it’s been on my phone ever since.
    04-06-2018 07:12 AM
    I used my iPhone X without a screen protector for the first couple of months I had it and I I didn’t have any scratches on my screen. But I am very careful and treat all my devices with the upmost care.

I did put a screen protector on the device to test it for the manufacturer who sent me a couple of demos and it’s been on my phone ever since.
    I’ve had mine for five months and don’t have any scratches at all. But then I always use a case. No way I would go without one!
    04-06-2018 07:13 AM
    I’ve had mine for five months and don’t have any scratches at all. But then I always use a case. No way I would go without one!
    I also have mine in a Apple OEM leather case since day one, I have always bought the leather case for every iPhone I have had since the leather case was available. Best $49.00 I ever spent.
    04-06-2018 07:16 AM
    I’ve had my iPhone X basically since it’s official release (the day after) and everyone knows I don’t encase it or use a screen protector. Yet, there aren’t any damages on it. Furthermore, the display is scratch-free. With that being said, I don’t think the display of the iPhone X is easier to scratch that other iPhone models.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-06-2018 07:25 AM
    Had 7 plus before and now the X. The 7 plus didn't scratch at all. The X is already full of clearly visible scratches. Yes to my experience the X has some kind of softer glass in it.
    04-06-2018 07:32 AM
    I’ve had my iPhone X since release day with zero scratches. I don’t use a screen protector but I’m also not careless with it.
    04-06-2018 08:23 AM
    Ever since phones have become all glass (stupid, IMO), I've been using screen protectors and cases. Use a case and screen protector. Always. Especially if you plan on trading in your device later for the latest model iPhone.
    04-06-2018 09:22 AM
    I'm with Just_Me_D. Had mine naked since I got it (Nov) and no scratches on front or back glass and I use wireless charging. Seems no better/worse than other iPhones I've had.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-06-2018 10:29 AM
    Don't have a X (wasn't paying that price) bit I do have a 7+ and AW3, both naked, no problems. And I smack the bejesus out of my watch all the time.

Hard to believe there's actually a "softer glass" in the X, but I'd say anything is possible.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-06-2018 10:44 AM
    Licking my Xes screen as I post this.

Nope not butter

Back when smartphone screens where made of plastic I had quite a few run in with keys but I found ways to buff them out if they weren’t to deep but over time I learned to avoid those type of tech injuries.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-06-2018 11:02 AM
    I believe the glass used in the iphone X (and 8 series) is Gorilla Glass 5, and my understanding from what I have read, is somewhat softer in that its scratches more easily than previous iterations, but is tougher in the fact that it does not break as easily, if that makes sense.

It could also be that the scratches people are seeing are in the oleophobic coating and not necessarily the glass itself. Since i am one that has used screen protectors for the past several years, I have not experienced this issue anyways, but if and when I decide to stop that practice, I am sure that any scratches will kick my OCD into high gear lol.
    04-06-2018 11:16 AM
    I've had a screen protector on mine since day 3, and a case since I bought it. But, I have read many reports (all anecdotal IIRC; no official responses from Apple) that the iPhone X (and perhaps the 8 and 8+) screens and backs do scratch more easily that the glass that's been used for most iPhones before 2017's.

Some references:

https://twitter.com/marcoarment/stat...530560?lang=en
    https://512pixels.net/2018/01/review-the-iphone-x/
    https://gizmodo.com/iphone-x-damage-...ter-1822644663
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...atches_easily/
    04-06-2018 12:22 PM
    Weren't we told during the announcement of the 8 and the X, that 'the hardest glass ever used on any iPhone' was chosen?
    04-07-2018 06:08 AM
    Weren't we told during the announcement of the 8 and the X, that 'the hardest glass ever used on any iPhone' was chosen?
    “Most durable” glass. They didn’t say anything about scratch resistance. I’m not sure if this is true, but I wonder if Apple sacrificed a little scratch resistance for less breakable glass in these models? I know that sapphire glass used in watch crystals (like the stainless steel Apple Watch) are incredibly scratch resistant at the expense of fragility - they are easier to break compared with glass of the same thickness that is less resistant to scratching.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    04-07-2018 07:45 AM
    “Most durable” glass. They didn’t say anything about scratch resistance. I’m not sure if this is true, but I wonder if Apple sacrificed a little scratch resistance for less breakable glass in these models? I know that sapphire glass used in watch crystals (like the stainless steel Apple Watch) are incredibly scratch resistant at the expense of fragility - they are easier to break compared with glass of the same thickness that is less resistant to scratching.
    You’re right they said durable. But doesn’t durability rather stand for a consumer good that doesn’t show signs of wear too easily or too soon, rather than it not breaking quickly when being dropped? Wouldn’t that rather be called sturdy or robust?
    I’m not sure, but I’m tending to believe durability is more about wear, ie scratch resistance.
    But maybe my perception is wrong, as English is not my first language.
    04-07-2018 08:07 AM
    You’re right they said durable. But doesn’t durability rather stand for a consumer good that doesn’t show signs of wear too easily or too soon, rather than it not breaking quickly when being dropped? Wouldn’t that rather be called sturdy or robust?
    I’m not sure, but I’m tending to believe durability is more about wear, ie scratch resistance.
    But maybe my perception is wrong, as English is not my first language.
    Durability could be referring to both unless specifically stated. They failed to go into detail this time around. Nonetheless I haven’t seen any scratches or shattered any displays on my iPhone X.
    doogald likes this.
    04-07-2018 08:11 AM
    Yep!! I think they use a different coating. I’ve been complaining since the 7 Plus. My 6S Plus is immaculate and I use/store all my devices the same way. I’ve had scratches on my 7 Plus & my 8. Nothing on the X because I use the Apple Folio case but I’m pretty sure I’d have some if I put it back into my other case.
    04-07-2018 09:47 PM
    I haven't noticed any scratches, but then again, I don't go looking for micro scratches. Just about the only time I really inspect my phones is when it's trade-in time or if I drop it.
    04-12-2018 12:50 PM
    I have had my X since launch day, i roll naked and not one scratch.
    04-12-2018 01:28 PM
    I’ve been using the X naked for a few months, and I do see scratches on the display. Everything else is in mint condition.
    04-12-2018 09:58 PM