Almost 6 Months on the X and not looking back.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
My ownership was a tad rocky, the FaceId was not working as intended, but now some months later it works 99% of the time

HalleCat

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
Haha! Here, I’ll attempt to explain it better.

“Look, I just got a new smartphone that blows yours away. It can make toast!”. Now for this person that might be a valuable feature, but it doesn’t make it better for all. Some like features and some like simple and well designed.

Perhaps I should have used the word “features” in my first statement. That might have made it more clear.

In the end choice of different platforms is a good thing.

I can explain it easier than that in another word: Time.
Simpler = Less Time
More Features/Complicated = Time Consuming

When I HAD TO switch from my NEXTEL DirectConnect Blackberry, I went to the local Best Buy and checked out a lot of phones. I can’t remember which one I got (I still have it in the closet in a box of other old phones) but when I got out to my car and tried calling my husband (while trying to learn the whole touch screen thing) I got pretty frustrated with it telling me “error blah blah”. I’m not home in front of my computer, I don’t want my phone giving me error messages. By the time I got home, I called Sprint and had them put that phone on my husband number and I ordered the iPhone 4s. It never gave me error messages and I was pretty happy with its features.
However I take thousands of photos and I made many Photobooks on that phone, I just about went blind because it was so small.
But I much rather have all the technical time consuming stuff on my computer, and the simple quicker stuff on the phone. Mostly because if I’m using my phone, I’m not usually at home and I don’t have time to mess with it on the run. 😉😉

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Great phone and glad I am back with iPhone. Gestures on the X remind me of BlackBerry 10, which was my favorite OS until the announcement to pull the plug on it. Then used a BlackBerry keyone black edition but droidberry is like paring Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr again, which clearing wouldn’t work out and watch it try to be compatible. Either way, the X marks the spot for me!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Great phone and glad I am back with iPhone. Gestures on the X remind me of BlackBerry 10, which was my favorite OS until the announcement to pull the plug on it. Then used a BlackBerry keyone black edition but droidberry is like paring Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr again, which clearing wouldn’t work out and watch it try to be compatible. Either way, the X marks the spot for me!

Glad you like the X, I was also a lover of Blackberry OS10 and the gestures on the iPhone X came natural to me, enjoy.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
It’s all about you being happy with your decision, I had an 8 plus before I upgraded to the X and it’s a nice device with great battery life.

My brother Don has a 8 and loves the device and it gets great battery life and even though he is not a tech savvy person, he loves his iPhone 8 and wouldn’t use anything else.

As far as the fingerprint scanner, the facial ID works well for me and since I am identical twin, it also works for my brother which is great since we live together and have stuck together our entire lives.

Your parents did the same rhyming twin names to you and your brother as what my parents have done to my brother and I? I'm also a twin and my parents gave us similar sounding names. I don't understand why they didn't name my brother Fred and me George.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Your parents did the same rhyming twin names to you and your brother as what my parents have done to my brother and I? I'm also a twin and my parents gave us similar sounding names. I don't understand why they didn't name my brother Fred and me George.

We are identical and have lived together most of our lives and are retiring together. He have been close our entire lives and take care of each other. It’s unique being a twin and unless you are one, you don’t understand the bond.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
We are identical and have lived together most of our lives and are retiring together. He have been close our entire lives and take care of each other. It’s unique being a twin and unless you are one, you don’t understand the bond.

I have an identical twin brother so I understand completely. What I meant to say is my parents gave us similar names as well. He's Dustin and I'm Justin. I remember having to wear shirts with my name on it for many years so people could tell us apart. That was irritating and humiliating.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have an identical twin brother so I understand completely. What I meant to say is my parents gave us similar names as well. He's Dustin and I'm Justin. I remember having to wear shirts with my name on it for many years so people could tell us apart. That was irritating and humiliating.

I know what’s it’s like and our parents used to dress us alike when we where young and wore name tags in school so they could tell us apart. I look back on at now and laugh because the older I get, my brother and I have become even closer.

I think it’s great having a duplicate of myself and wouldn’t trade it for anything. By the way, if once in you guys lives, make the tract to Twinsburg Ohio for the annual twins convention. It’s a great experience.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Been following a discussion in Huawei pro p20pro forum in my country. And oh boy am I happy to be in IOS. There are numerous problems already there and it might be partially Huawei problem and partially Android problem. For example if you change ringtones in Whatsapp , they are reset when you turn the screen off. And HD streaming doesn't work in any streaming service. And AOD clock shows most of times the time wrong by couple of hours.
Of course the camera in it takes excellent nighttime pictures but it isn't worth it.

# happyiphoneXuser

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Been following a discussion in Huawei pro p20pro forum in my country. And oh boy am I happy to be in IOS. There are numerous problems already there and it might be partially Huawei problem and partially Android problem. For example if you change ringtones in Whatsapp , they are reset when you turn the screen off. And HD streaming doesn't work in any streaming service. And AOD clock shows most of times the time wrong by couple of hours.
Of course the camera in it takes excellent nighttime pictures but it isn't worth it.

# happyiphoneXuser

For the record, I have never experienced any of those problems on any phone I have owned, Android, iOS or something else.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

# happyiphoneXuser

All the reviews I've read of the P20 Pro have been phenomenal. I'd get one if they sold them in the US, but unfortunately they won't.

I'm happy with my iPhone X. I may go and pick up a PRODUCT red iPhone 8 Plus sometime.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
All the reviews I've read of the P20 Pro have been phenomenal. I'd get one if they sold them in the US, but unfortunately they won't.

I'm happy with my iPhone X. I may go and pick up a PRODUCT red iPhone 8 Plus sometime.

A polite question - if you're happy with your iPhone 10, why would you buy an iPhone 8? Do you have two SIM cards?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods