Almost 6 Months on the X and not looking back.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was one of the folks who committed to the iPhone X when it was officially announced and even pre ordered mine when it became available.

I have had two models since the official launch day, my 64 gig space grey and the 256 gig silver model I ended up trading it for.

After almost 6 months of using the device as my daily driver, I couldn’t be happier and I am not looking back or ever regret making the switch to the X and the gesture concepts.

I have read the issues folks have had with the X of these forums and for myself, I haven’t experienced any major hardware issues with either of the two I have owned.

Besides a few times of the face recognition being a little slow, my devices have performed perfectly and have gotten better with each update.

I am excited about what the future brings and I am for the long haul. Just thought I would pass along my thoughts on this great product.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was committed to the X before it was officially announced. I was tired of the dated very big chin and forehead on the phones. And wanted an OLED screen. Once rumors dropped, I knew what I wanted.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I'm glad I went ahead and purchased my 256 GB iPhone X, even though I wish it were a tad cheaper....:cool:....Aside from that, I really enjoy using it as my daily driver.

nappalonia

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Me too. Wasn’t sure I would like the smaller screen after using plus size for a couple years, but it hasn’t been an issue at all.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same here. I'm glad I went ahead and purchased my 256 GB iPhone X, even though I wish it were a tad cheaper....:cool:....Aside from that, I really enjoy using it as my daily driver.

A tad cheaper? Why not go 64 GB? Could have saved $150. If I remember a post awhile back I though you said you could still get by with a 16GB? That still 4x the size.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Me too. Wasn’t sure I would like the smaller screen after using plus size for a couple years, but it hasn’t been an issue at all.

I also came from a 8 plus to the X and I also adjusted to the screen size very quickly and the notch has grown on me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A tad cheaper? Why not go 64 GB? Could have saved $150. If I remember a post awhile back I though you said you could still get by with a 16GB? That still 4x the size.

If I had the intentions of buying the iPhone X, I would have purchased the 64 GB model. When I entered that Apple Store and purchased the 256 GB model, I had every intention of returning it before the 2 week period ended because I was content with my iPhone 8. Well, we all know that I ended up keeping it.

Now in regard to 16 GBS, with the exception of the size of iOS, I could still function with 16 GBs of storage. I doubt it would be as easy as before, with the size of apps nowadays. Still, I could pull it off. I don't stockpile a ton of apps and I basically stream all of my music. Furthermore, most of my files are in the cloud and on my MacBook Pro.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If I had the intentions of buying the iPhone X, I would have purchased the 64 GB model. When I entered that Apple Store and purchased the 256 GB model, I had every intention of returning it before the 2 week period ended because I was content with my iPhone 8. Well, we all know that I ended up keeping it.

Now in regard to 16 GBS, with the exception of the size of iOS, I could still function with 16 GBs of storage. I doubt it would be as easy as before, with the size of apps nowadays. Still, I could pull it off. I don't stockpile a ton of apps and I basically stream all of my music. Furthermore, most of my files are in the cloud and on my MacBook Pro.

We all know how it is. The intent is to return and then you fall in love. That’s understandable. Hard to go back to an 8 after the X. I don’t even load music, because I pay for Apple Music, and I use iCloud Photo Library and with that said I still use 20 GB’s just for apps and miscellaneous little things. I could get by with 64 but since I financed and it’s not much more, I just got big so I don’t ever ha e to worry about storage.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm enjoying my 256GB space gray iPhone X and it's the only device I own at this point. However, I don't think it's worth $1,149. It's worth $950, tops.

With that being said, I love everything else about it except the battery life. But if rumors hold out to be true, there'll be a bigger X-type model this year with a bigger battery which will address my battery life concerns.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using about 120GB on my X with videos, photos, and music. I don't trust the cloud.

This is the thing. You know Apple has some kind of backup plan if something happens. This had to be well thought out. I have about 80 GB’s in the cloud. If it wasn’t stored there, it would take forever to load a backup. I go fo what’s easy and faster. I have been doing iCloud Photo Library since the beginning and never an issue. I don’t anticipate an issue would ever happen to where I lose it all.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is the thing. You know Apple has some kind of backup plan if something happens. This had to be well thought out. I have about 80 GB’s in the cloud. If it wasn’t stored there, it would take forever to load a backup. I go fo what’s easy and faster. I have been doing iCloud Photo Library since the beginning and never an issue. I don’t anticipate an issue would ever happen to where I lose it all.

I wonder if all the celebrities who had their iCloud accounts hacked a few years ago would agree with you.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Didn’t think I would be able to get use to the size as I’ve only known the 4” iPhones starting with the i5 but in the short time period I’ve had it I’m so glad I made the jump.

I actually love the Notch it’s actually very functional as it has room for a split header so no space is wasted. I’m used to the Gesture model being an old Palm guy and the screen is so vibrant.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It means I was already buying one as soon as it was officially announced.

Thanks for clarifying. I committed to a cup of coffee at the station this morning, and I think I will commit to a sandwich pretty soon as I'm getting hungry and there's a good place nearby.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm on day one of being back to an iPhone, after upgrading from the 6S Plus to the Note 8 last September.

Interestingly enough, as hard as it was to switch to an Android phone with all other Apple devices (2015 iPad Pro, 2011 Macbook Air, 2010 Mac MINI and 2017 iMac), now that I'm back, it's easy to see why many Android users will say how far behind, cumbersome or restrictive iOS is. I'm not just talking about being able to change every little graphic or ringer. I'd really be curoius to see what Sir Jony Ives could do today if he were give the freedom to put his touches on Android.

If I could use the Apple Pencil on iPhone X...that would be a step forward in getting what I had in the Note 8.

For now, I'll walk on both sides of the line.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh