I wouldn’t call going to an iPhone for my ex-fiancée a good reason, but using ForeFlight on my iOS devices while flying is a good reason. What about you? If you left Android, what were you using and why?
    I have to admit, while I enjoyed Android and it’s open source, I grew bored of it. I got tired of playing around with everything. I wanted a device that was simple, worked as advertised and was supported for the long term.
    I have had a different experience than you, mainly because I trust Apple more than Google. For instance, I believe the battery fiasco was an honest mistake that they should have communicated better. They are not perfect, but they provide me with an ecosystem I find fits into my lifestyle.
    04-30-2018 04:26 PM
    Yes, it’s absurd! But I use my phone a lot. I’ve never had any issues with my Samsung products and they don’t throttle the processors on older devices.
    Is there a way to check the capacity percentage on a Samsung phone?
    Not that I know of.

I just picked up a coral blue S9+ today.
    04-30-2018 07:01 PM
    I have to admit, while I enjoyed Android and it’s open source, I grew bored of it. I got tired of playing around with everything. I wanted a device that was simple, worked as advertised and was supported for the long term.
    I have had a different experience than you, mainly because I trust Apple more than Google. For instance, I believe the battery fiasco was an honest mistake that they should have communicated better. They are not perfect, but they provide me with an ecosystem I find fits into my lifestyle.
    I like in Android where I can customize my home pages to display things I use frequently. I have the main screen and then to one side I have work items and the other side personal. What I like about that is I can put a shortcut for the same app or contact on both whereas iOS doesn’t offer this. I can’t say one is better than the other as it comes to personal preferences. But Samsung handled the Note 7 incident much better than apple handled the throttling incident.
    I don’t trust either Google or Apple, they are both after the money. As for ecosystems my computer is a Mac, but I use Google products across all of my platforms because they offer a cross-platform feature that apple doesn’t. The whole thing that pisses me off about the throttling was they chose to hide it and not be open about it. I’m especially pissed when I was forced to replace my phone due to apple employees telling me that I “need” to get a new phone. If I knew that upgrading my phone to iOS 11 would throttle the processor rendering it unusable then I wouldn’t. The power saving claim doesn’t really apply to be because at my desk and in my car I have chargers, and I carry a battery pack in my bag so I’m always around power.
    05-01-2018 12:35 PM
    Not that I know of.

Nice, I’m thinking of doing the same to replace my Note8.
    05-01-2018 12:35 PM
    Not that I know of.

My sister has a S9+ and my brother in law has a Note 8 and they both love the devices.
    05-01-2018 01:21 PM
    I just switched to the X from a 7 plus. I was very interested in the smaller form factor and the added extra features including the awesome higher screen resolution. I’m not disappointed. I’m glad I switched.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    05-01-2018 01:38 PM
    The power saving claim doesn’t really apply to be because at my desk and in my car I have chargers, and I carry a battery pack in my bag so I’m always around power.
    The issue wasn't power saving. The issue was that the phone would hard shut down when under heavy load because the battery couldn't provide enough power when it aged (or got extremely cold, or both). You could be around plugs and cables or battery packs galore, but, unless you were plugged in at the point of failure, the phone would shut down, with absolutely no warning.

And, of course, the vast, vast, vast majority of people are using iPhones without being plugged in almost all of the time.

And it was introduced with iOS 10.2, not iOS 11, for the iPhone 6 and 6s.
    05-01-2018 03:13 PM
    The issue wasn't power saving. The issue was that the phone would hard shut down when under heavy load because the battery couldn't provide enough power when it aged (or got extremely cold, or both). You could be around plugs and cables or battery packs galore, but, unless you were plugged in at the point of failure, the phone would shut down, with absolutely no warning.

And, of course, the vast, vast, vast majority of people are using iPhones without being plugged in almost all of the time.

And it was introduced with iOS 10.2, not iOS 11, for the iPhone 6 and 6s.
    Whatever excuse apple claims, I never had any issues with the phone until apple throttled it to the point it was useless. My phone wasn’t plugged in all the time as you suggest, but I’m constantly around chargers. Also I skipped the iOS 10.2 update so for me it did happen with the iOS 11 update.
    05-01-2018 03:17 PM
    Nice, I’m thinking of doing the same to replace my Note8.
    Eh. The battery life doesn't seem to be that great on the S9+. I'm not impressed.

I'd keep the Note 8.
    05-01-2018 09:02 PM
    Eh. The battery life doesn't seem to be that great on the S9+. I'm not impressed.

I'd keep the Note 8.
    How is the battery life exactly? My Note8 took a couple weeks for the battery to break in so I’m wondering if the S9+ is the same way.
    05-01-2018 09:04 PM
    I'm averaging about 30 mins SOT per 10%-12% of battery.

The standby time is horrendous. I lost 12% last night.
    05-01-2018 09:07 PM
86 ... 234