I don't understand that argument. More choice is ALWAYS a good thing. Never once in my life have I ever thought "Dang. I wish I had fewer choices".
    I misspoke and used the wrong word which I corrected in a later post.
    I meant to say features.
    anon(5630457) and libra89 like this.
    04-12-2018 05:28 PM
    I misspoke and used the wrong word which I corrected in a later post.
    I meant to say features.
    Sorry. I didn't catch that. I can understand how too many features can be annoying.
    libra89, TgeekB and violetjune like this.
    04-13-2018 12:19 AM
    Sorry. I didn't catch that. I can understand how too many features can be annoying.
    Totally agree. For me, Android was too much. Too many things. I like the walled garden  has me in. Haha
    04-24-2018 10:30 PM
    Been following a discussion in Huawei pro p20pro forum in my country. And oh boy am I happy to be in IOS. There are numerous problems already there and it might be partially Huawei problem and partially Android problem. For example if you change ringtones in Whatsapp , they are reset when you turn the screen off. And HD streaming doesn't work in any streaming service. And AOD clock shows most of times the time wrong by couple of hours.
    Of course the camera in it takes excellent nighttime pictures but it isn't worth it.

# happyiphoneXuser
    MasterDarque and bakron1 like this.
    04-25-2018 01:38 AM
    Been following a discussion in Huawei pro p20pro forum in my country. And oh boy am I happy to be in IOS. There are numerous problems already there and it might be partially Huawei problem and partially Android problem. For example if you change ringtones in Whatsapp , they are reset when you turn the screen off. And HD streaming doesn't work in any streaming service. And AOD clock shows most of times the time wrong by couple of hours.
    Of course the camera in it takes excellent nighttime pictures but it isn't worth it.

# happyiphoneXuser
    For the record, I have never experienced any of those problems on any phone I have owned, Android, iOS or something else.
    Truman82 likes this.
    04-25-2018 03:05 AM
    Love mine! I have no regrets...and the camera is fantastic!
    04-25-2018 11:22 AM

# happyiphoneXuser
    All the reviews I've read of the P20 Pro have been phenomenal. I'd get one if they sold them in the US, but unfortunately they won't.

I'm happy with my iPhone X. I may go and pick up a PRODUCT red iPhone 8 Plus sometime.
    MasterDarque and H_D like this.
    04-25-2018 12:16 PM
    All the reviews I've read of the P20 Pro have been phenomenal. I'd get one if they sold them in the US, but unfortunately they won't.

I'm happy with my iPhone X. I may go and pick up a PRODUCT red iPhone 8 Plus sometime.
    A polite question - if you're happy with your iPhone 10, why would you buy an iPhone 8? Do you have two SIM cards?
    04-26-2018 04:03 AM
    Stable device so far but still having app issues but it’s the app not being updated which is the issue.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-26-2018 06:20 AM
    A polite question - if you're happy with your iPhone 10, why would you buy an iPhone 8? Do you have two SIM cards?
    Nope. I just really like the red color.
    04-26-2018 07:10 AM
    I’ve had my iPhone X since launch day and haven’t had any issues aside from a noticeable decrease in battery life. It’s probably my last iPhone though after what I went through on my 6 when they throttled older phones. That’s just unethical business practices and only a fanboi would disagree!
    04-27-2018 02:17 PM
    I’ve had my iPhone X since launch day and haven’t had any issues aside from a noticeable decrease in battery life. It’s probably my last iPhone though after what I went through on my 6 when they throttled older phones. That’s just unethical business practices and only a fanboi would disagree!
    Out of curiosity, what percentage battery life does it say your iPhone X has now? Also, have you wirelessly charged your X frequently?

As for "unethical", I can't completely agree and I'm no fanboi. Apple was wrong in the way they did it; they should have been upfront with what was going on instead of hiding it. But they were trying to fix a valid issue -- the fact that those phones would unexpectedly shutdown if they needed more power than the battery could provide. I do believe they've done the right thing now, though, by showing the max battery charge (compared to a new battery) and warning you -- and giving you the choice, between throttling or risk of shutdown -- if your battery is under the threshold. I personally view it more as the Apple "Knows Best" attitude, where they choose what they think the right answer is rather than giving users a choice.
    04-27-2018 02:58 PM
    Who would want to choose "shut down my phone" over "keep it running slower until the power requirements settle down?" I don't get that?
    04-27-2018 03:07 PM
    Out of curiosity, what percentage battery life does it say your iPhone X has now? Also, have you wirelessly charged your X frequently?
    Are you saying wireless charging screws with the battery? I have a feeling with my X it lasts longer if charged with cable/charger than after wireless.
    04-27-2018 06:10 PM
    Are you saying wireless charging screws with the battery? I have a feeling with my X it lasts longer if charged with cable/charger than after wireless.
    Your battery capacity doesn’t change based on the method used to charge it and as long as you don’t use garbage Qi chargers you really don’t have anything to worry about with the health of your battery.
    We actually have a thread about this:
    https://forums.imore.com/iphone-8/39...batteries.html
    04-28-2018 05:52 AM

As for "unethical", I can't completely agree and I'm no fanboi. Apple was wrong in the way they did it; they should have been upfront with what was going on instead of hiding it. But they were trying to fix a valid issue -- the fact that those phones would unexpectedly shutdown if they needed more power than the battery could provide. I do believe they've done the right thing now, though, by showing the max battery charge (compared to a new battery) and warning you -- and giving you the choice, between throttling or risk of shutdown -- if your battery is under the threshold. I personally view it more as the Apple "Knows Best" attitude, where they choose what they think the right answer is rather than giving users a choice.
    I am at 95% of maximum capacity and currently at 50% battery life with under 1 hour SOT and my phone has been off the charger for about 5 hours. I use both wireless and wired charging about equally. However, having been in the wireless industry for 15 years I know that doesn't make a difference.

What apple did is the definition of "unethical" because there was no disclosure or option to not have the phone throttled. Actually I was forced to replace an older phone due to the throttling because it was essentially unusable. Their excuse is a flawed attempt at backpedaling and I am not buying the excuse. It wouldn't surprise me that the reason they did not disclose throttling older phones was to attempt to get more sales. Sure, now they did the right thing by giving the option to disable it but it is too little too late. You are right, this is the apple "Knows Best" attitude because they knew their sales wouldn't suffer and it would help entice customers to get rid of older devices. I know unethical sales tactics when I see them, and this is a perfect example of unethical sales tactics. The excuses people are making for apple are laughable, at best! I was always around chargers, so having my iPhone throttled was pointless. However, I am forced to stay with apple because of ForeFlight. If ForeFlight were available for Android I would have shot the rest of my apple devices at the range.
    bcandiolo likes this.
    04-28-2018 12:25 PM
    Who would want to choose "shut down my phone" over "keep it running slower until the power requirements settle down?" I don't get that?
    I was always around chargers, so having my iPhone throttled was pointless. Besides the lack of transparency is unethical, at best. It is laughable the excuses fanbois are making for apple!
    04-28-2018 12:28 PM
    No, there is no difference between charging wirelessly or wired.
    04-28-2018 12:28 PM
    Your battery capacity doesn’t change based on the method used to charge it and as long as you don’t use garbage Qi chargers you really don’t have anything to worry about with the health of your battery.
    We actually have a thread about this:
    https://forums.imore.com/iphone-8/39...batteries.html
    I didn't know there was a thread here about that but I have heard from my Samsung rep and other sites that capacity doesn't change based upon charging method.
    04-28-2018 12:29 PM
    I am at 95% of maximum capacity
    After only six months? Geez. The batteries in new Samsung devices are at 95% maximum capacity after two years!
    04-28-2018 01:50 PM
    After only six months? Geez. The batteries in new Samsung devices are at 95% maximum capacity after two years!
    Yes, it’s absurd! But I use my phone a lot. I’ve never had any issues with my Samsung products and they don’t throttle the processors on older devices.
    Is there a way to check the capacity percentage on a Samsung phone?
    04-30-2018 12:51 PM
    Yes, it’s absurd! But I use my phone a lot. I’ve never had any issues with my Samsung products and they don’t throttle the processors on older devices.
    Is there a way to check the capacity percentage on a Samsung phone?
    Why did you leave Samsung?
    04-30-2018 04:58 PM
    Why did you leave Samsung?
    My ex-fiancée was deploying and refused to use Google Hangouts so we could talk while she was deployed. After that I started flying and they required me to use ForeFlight which isn’t available for Android. I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note8 on my business line now after I replaced the phone that I replaced the phone they throttled. I actually like Samsung, but prefer stock Android.
    04-30-2018 05:05 PM
    My ex-fiancée was deploying and refused to use Google Hangouts so we could talk while she was deployed. After that I started flying and they required me to use ForeFlight which isn’t available for Android. I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note8 on my business line now after I replaced the phone that I replaced the phone they throttled. I actually like Samsung, but prefer stock Android.
    Gotcha. I figured there had to be a good reason.
    04-30-2018 05:11 PM
    Gotcha. I figured there had to be a good reason.
    I wouldn’t call going to an iPhone for my ex-fiancée a good reason, but using ForeFlight on my iOS devices while flying is a good reason. What about you? If you left Android, what were you using and why?
    04-30-2018 05:19 PM
86 1234