Are you going to run out and get a Samsung S9?

RPA1408

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
The Note 8 is anything but junk. I still use my iPhone 80% of the time,I think I’ve finally settled on iOS, but my Note 8 still runs flawlessly and I’ve had it since launch. Touch wiz has matured into a decent android skin, no longer the intrusive behemoth it once was. My other half traded in her S8 for an S9 recently, she loves it.

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
What’s your thoughts between the S9 Plus and Pixel 2 XL? It sounds like you used both so I’d like your thoughts.
i have checked out friend's pixel 2 xl for few hours before buying s9 plus . At first it felt like a beautiful phone with minimalistic os operations but to be honest i didn't find its hardware nearly as good as of s9 plus... i mean u s9 plus has best display in smartphone category and yes i have used iphone x too for a month..i m not saying that iphone x display was not as good but to me i couldn't go back to iphone x after got use to galaxy s9 plus display.. pixel 2 xl display is no where near to s9 plus display quality... and camera is a tie between both.. if u like natural colors and don't care better low light pics than pixel 2 xl is for u but personally i love s9 plus camera too its equal if not better but miles ahead in low light situations.

Being 5 years into apple eco system i am finally being able to out of it due to 1) ios11 2) overpriced products eg iphone x that comes with its own sets of problems eg not good battery endurance slow f id.. (3 being plus iphones user i totally loved the killer battery usage in those phones but not being able to update to oled and less bezel design was kinda bummer to me and iphone x was no where near to iphone 8 plus in battery usage department...

Being s9 plus user for few weeks , i am not looking back to ios in fact i have bought samsung galaxy gear sport watch too and enjoying every bit of it .... further more galaxy s9 plus's secure folder feature is just awesome.... :)

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, if you go to the S9 forum on Android Central, there is a thread with a lot of complaints about the cameras on the S9. Many of the complaints are that the phone is overprocessing and removing the details, such as the hair on a dog or cat, and just blending it all together. Same with people, where it is evening out the skin tone -- which makes for a nice beauty shot but just isn't realistic

Sounds like my issue ever since iOS 10 and photos on the iPhone 7/8 series - a watercoloured effect

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
galaxy s9 plus's secure folder feature is just awesome....

This.

I keep my important work and financial documents in the secure folder. This feature alone is worth getting the S9+, as well as Samsung Pay. Both of those features are phenomenal.

I still love my X and I switch back and forth between the two, depending on what's going on during the day.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
This.

I keep my important work and financial documents in the secure folder. This feature alone is worth getting the S9+, as well as Samsung Pay. Both of those features are phenomenal.

I still love my X and I switch back and forth between the two, depending on what's going on during the day.
I have loved Samsung pay since switching to the S9+. I never used Apple pay all that much because not that many places took it around me.

With Samsung pay, if there is a card reader, Samsung pay will most likely work because of the extra MST chip they have in it. On top of that, they give you points for using it.

Knowing it works almost everywhere and if Samsung is gonna pay me to use it, why not use it.

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
This.

Secure folder is simply worth u can create a second app world in there and no one except u can see it ..

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
So after spending a brief period with galaxy s9+ back to iPhone 8 Plus this time product red... spent extra 50 dollars in my country but considering the cause it’s totally well worth it..
back to s9+ experience: it is the best features packed droid to date and display is one the best available today .. this was my brief experience with an android phone after almost 5 years because I was into Apple eco system...

During this period I enjoyed s9plus a lot it was fun to have every feature in ur phone.. But it was Ui experience that left bad taste in my mouth again.
No gestures in apps like Instagram Facebook twitter etc was seems stupid after u used an iOS device .. further apps are no where near polished as App Store ... intelligent scan was cool at first but seems painfully slow after a while when u need quickly access to ur secure folder...

Last nail in the coffin the great grand battery on galaxy s9plus specifically and in android phones generally... I observed something different this time and came to conclusion about why does a 3500 mAH battery android phones provides bad battery endurance than an 2691 mah iPhone 8 Plus ...

if u use a galaxy s9 plus continuously it will go on and on till 8 hours straight use of games and all that heavy stuff but it’s the stand by drain that does not preserve battery in stand by as iPhones does which subsequently translates into 30 to 40 percent more battery at the end of a charge cycle...

I can easily go 1 and half day with IPhone 8 Plus battery while I usually had to charge my s9 plus near 7 or 8 pm at night with same usage and stand by time ..

My s9 plus used to drop 10 to 12 percent battery over night while iPhone 8 Plus does use 2 percent at best both phones WiFi Bluetooth lte switches turned on .. s9 plus had aod off at night

Things I like about s9 plus are display secure folder and customisation.
With that said I enjoyed my experience but being iOS user from a long time apps simply works for me. Once u r used to Apple eco system it’s hard to go back :D

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I decided against getting the Sony Xperia XZ2 as I mentioned earlier in the thread. I decided to preorder the HTC U12+ for my Android phone instead.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Better device? How so?

Because beside the emojiAR and the better camera what’s the difference? Both run Android 8.0 but I find the note 8 feels better in the hand and the s pen . Battery life is horrible for me . Wow up at 7 took off charger and listened to music in Bluetooth until around 3 pm and that’s it. Battery is at 18% .

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My roommate recently dinged his S8 (leading to a great amount of research on phone covers on my part, which is a story for another time), and him being a Samsung fan immediately wanted to go for the S9, which after some convincing, has been stalled for a couple of months.
Hopefully the points about the camera (overprocessing and removing the details), as some have mentioned above, and the low battery life will deter him from getting the Samsung. :p
Personally, I am more of a stock android fan and would very rarely move away from my Moto.

I actually find stock Android bland and boring . Prefer Samsung and always have . LG nexus 5 was the only nexus phone I liked

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Because beside the emojiAR and the better camera what’s the difference? Both run Android 8.0 but I find the note 8 feels better in the hand and the s pen . Battery life is horrible for me . Wow up at 7 took off charger and listened to music in Bluetooth until around 3 pm and that’s it. Battery is at 18% .

I used to like the S-Pen but that was years ago. Now the Note line has lost its draw for me since the S-Pen isn't that useful.

I am kind of over Samsung devices since I use all Google stuff so the Samsung "add-ons" are redundant to me. Plus they are really awful at security updates.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I used to like the S-Pen but that was years ago. Now the Note line has lost its draw for me since the S-Pen isn't that useful.

I am kind of over Samsung devices since I use all Google stuff so the Samsung "add-ons" are redundant to me. Plus they are really awful at security updates.

They aren’t really . My note 8 has the may security updates on Verizon. Been getting them monthly

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well they haven’t since release . Don’t know since I got an iPhone X yesterday

Yeah I never said every single time but they are definitely known for it. I have been on their phones with updates that were 3 months old and such. With a Google phone I have never had that happen. Just not something I am going to leave to chance when I have literally been there and done that with them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW