Are you going to run out and get a Samsung S9?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried one and it’s a beautiful screen, but not an Android person. I prefer IOS myself and if I am going to buy a Android device to play around with, it will be a used Blackberry Motion.

Well said. I agree on all counts except replace the motion with the new key one as my possible android device to play around with.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well said. I agree on all counts except replace the motion with the new key one as my possible android device to play around with.

I already have a KeyOne I play around with, I have been looking for a used Motion I can buy at a decent price.

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Actually i got galaxy s9 plus 3 days ago. Coming from iphone x to iphone 8 plus to galaxy s9 plus... so far no problem here to adjust in android oS. I am using google keep for notes taking and every thing is ok so far ... don't get me wrong i love both plateforms and used iphones and macbook pro since 5 years ... price increase on these things every year is just insane further-more iphone x's battery was not cutting it for me so i moved back to 8 plus but same 4 year old design and lcd display made me feel bad about my purchase ... so after researching alot about samsung galaxy s9 plus i decided to switch over .. obviously it is difficult at start to adjust to another OS but i found that everything i could do on ios can be done on android with more options.

The display of galaxy s9 plus is best in mobile industry right now and this is coming from an ex iphone x user...

Android is now much refined and fluid than it used to be 5 years ago ..

I Never used true multitasking eg 2 apps at the same screen but once i did it is just awesome.. watching a movie at iflix while looking at tweets at the same time is just magic..

Galaxy s9 plus' fp scan is way faster than iphone 8 plus' touch id and iphone x's face id.

I let remain both options fp scan and smart iris scan activated because when you are logging into your gmail facebook or any other account it automatically fills your passwords by scanning your eyes and face ..and it is way way faster than typing or remembering ur password..

I had no complains with iphones dual speakers systems and galaxy s9 has same fuller stereo sound system as well ...headphone jack is bonus

Iphones ip67 rating was good enough for minor splashes of water but knowing that galaxy s9 has ip68 rating it just make me feel more future proof..

I find battery of galaxy s9 plus very fine and it is better than iphone x in terms of apps usage drain but obviously iphones tend to have better stand by times... but i have no complaints with galsxy s9 plus battery as it gets me to the night with 30 or more percent remaining plus it charges way faster and fast charger is included in the box ..no extra cost..

.. not bashing or anything ..probably i will look at 2018 iphone models too... but right now my wallet suggests otherwise ...i have to get over this addiction .. technology should make one's life easier not tough.. i will try to stop wasting my time and money on this smartphone switch thing and try to stick with my phone for 2 years ... fingers crossed :D

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Actually i got galaxy s9 plus 3 days ago. Coming from iphone x to iphone 8 plus to galaxy s9 plus... so far no problem here to adjust in android oS. I am using google keep for notes taking and every thing is ok so far ... don't get me wrong i love both plateforms and used iphones and macbook pro since 5 years ... price increase on these things every year is just insane further-more iphone x's battery was not cutting it for me so i moved back to 8 plus but same 4 year old design and lcd display made me feel bad about my purchase ... so after researching alot about samsung galaxy s9 plus i decided to switch over .. obviously it is difficult at start to adjust to another OS but i found that everything i could do on ios can be done on android with more options.

The display of galaxy s9 plus is best in mobile industry right now and this is coming from an ex iphone x user...

Android is now much refined and fluid than it used to be 5 years ago ..

I Never used true multitasking eg 2 apps at the same screen but once i did it is just awesome.. watching a movie at iflix while looking at tweets at the same time is just magic..

Galaxy s9 plus' fp scan is way faster than iphone 8 plus' touch id and iphone x's face id.

D

Interesting to see that you like s9 more than the iPhone X

I got my wife the s9+ last week. Other than spent a few mins setting it up, never even touched it. The Samsung version of android just doesn’t appeal to me. Didn’t even notice the beautiful display everyone talks about

Just a personal preference I guess.

Keep us posted On general performance and speed after a few weeks of use.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My company switched to using Samsung phones as our work phones, so my phone is due to be replaced this summer, I will likely get the S9+ as the replacement or the S8+ if they still have it in stock. Odd move on their part to go with these phones but we don't get a say otherwise I would have just gotten the 7 or 8 as my next work phone as the normal replacement cycle.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't think so. If Samsung had a good track record with software and security updates, I'd probably get one. But because they don't get those timely updates, I think I'll pass. I'm quite happy with my X, though I'm jonesing for the red iPhone 8 Plus.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I’ve considered an S9 Plus or a Pixel 2 XL to use on my other line. I’m leaning towards the Pixel 2 XL but prefer wireless charging like the S9 Plus has.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I did. I got the S9+ way before that video was made. I love Samsung phones, but I've decided to return the S9+. The phone overall is great, but I didn't care much for the low light images. The camera software blended everything together. For example, I couldn't see the wrinkles in my curtains when I took a low-light image of my living room. I could see all the fine detail in the photos taken with my Pixel 2 XL--the wrinkles in the curtains, the dog hair on the couch (bleh), and all the other fine details one would expect to see in a living room. But those details didn't show up on the S9+'s camera.

Everything else about the device was great. The UI is the most fluid its ever been on a Samsung device. I never had issues with battery after the first couple of days. I was leaving work with about 70% battery power (my X is down to 50% with the same use). I never once had anxiety about the S9+'s battery running low like I do on my X. But I ultimately think the X is the better device. It has a better display, it takes decent pictures, and the software updates are timely. And, this is the most important thing, it has a flat display. Curved displays are a pain to protect.

What’s your thoughts between the S9 Plus and Pixel 2 XL? It sounds like you used both so I’d like your thoughts.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes when I’m gaming, like Restraunt Dash it’s stalls. I think it’s because of 11.3.1. NEVER happened before.

But I’m not going anywhere. Might be my first 2 year or more iPhone or any phone for that matter.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Just to update.
Despite my warning, wife was adamant to get a s9 +. So I got here one. After 2 weeks, it started getting hot after long phone calls and behaving erratically. So she ended up returning it and getting a new replacement. I suspect it will happen again.

Never liked Samsung because of their OS which is full of bloatware

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes when I’m gaming, like Restraunt Dash it’s stalls. I think it’s because of 11.3.1. NEVER happened before.

But I’m not going anywhere. Might be my first 2 year or more iPhone or any phone for that matter.

I'm really looking forward to iOS 12, where they are supposed to be fixing most of the issues. iOS 11 seems to have been one of the worst versions of iOS, just lost of issues with it; I suspect partially because this is the first time Apple has really supported two different "phones" (the X with it's gesture based system vs. the other phones with a home button).

It doesn't help that 11.3.1 (like 11.2.6, which also had issues) was rushed out to fix an issue -- Apple updates seem to be much worse when they rush out an emergency fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen