I got my X on launch day, and it's still at 100% capacity after 7 months.
    My wife’s X was purchased a few week after launch and is at 96%. Kind of disappointing if you ask me that it’s degrading that fast.
    06-10-2018 02:04 PM
    I got my X on launch day, and it's still at 100% capacity after 7 months.
    Awesome. Mine is at 99%....

Are you going to run out and get a Samsung S9?-img_0019.jpg
    TripleOne likes this.
    06-10-2018 02:36 PM
    My SE still says 100%. Hard to believe.
    06-10-2018 03:28 PM

My X only a few months
    06-10-2018 03:32 PM
    FYI, we all know that battery health is in beta and may not be 100% correct, right?

(I so wish that instead of a number, Apple put an indicator with three states: your battery is fine, your battery may need servicing soon, your battery needs servicing.)
    06-10-2018 03:33 PM
    FYI, we all know that battery health is in beta and may not be 100% correct, right?

(I so wish that instead of a number, Apple put an indicator with three states: your battery is fine, your battery may need servicing soon, your battery needs servicing.)
    If it's not 100% correct then it shouldn't even be there in the first place.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-10-2018 08:20 PM
    Mine too. But I stopped charging it with the cable and started using wireless charging. I've heard others complain that their batteries are degrading at a much faster rate using wireless charging than with the lightning cable. Either way, it's infuriating. A battery shouldn't degrade that much after a few months.
    06-10-2018 08:22 PM
    Mine too. But I stopped charging it with the cable and started using wireless charging. I've heard others complain that their batteries are degrading at a much faster rate using wireless charging than with the lightning cable. Either way, it's infuriating. A battery shouldn't degrade that much after a few months.
    Maybe they aren't using apple certified wireless chargers. I use the Belkin sold by Apple for a reason. It supports the 7.5 watt charging and I know they tested it and back it. My X is still at 100% capacity.
    06-10-2018 09:29 PM
    Maybe they aren't using apple certified wireless chargers. I use the Belkin sold by Apple for a reason. It supports the 7.5 watt charging and I know they tested it and back it. My X is still at 100% capacity.
    You might have something there, I'm guilty good thing I've AC plus.
    06-11-2018 04:21 AM
    It would've been nice if Apple told us that the Belkin wireless charger would specifically work for the X without contributing to battery degradation with use.
    06-11-2018 03:03 PM
    It would've been nice if Apple told us that the Belkin wireless charger would specifically work for the X without contributing to battery degradation with use.
    That would take months of testing to know. I’m sure Apple has bigger and better things to do to test a 3rd party accessory. Considering they sell it in store, I’m sure it’s safe.
    06-11-2018 10:57 PM
    Samsung phones for some reason have the worst battery for me. This is in every way the deal breaker.
    06-12-2018 10:18 AM
    Samsung phones for some reason have the worst battery for me. This is in every way the deal breaker.
    For me it’s the standby on Samsung phones that’s so bad. They’re terrible compared to other phones. Battery life while in use is actually pretty good on Samsung’s newer phones though.
    06-12-2018 11:33 AM
    What phone are you referencing too?
    06-12-2018 01:01 PM
    If you haven't seen the two videos hosted by Mr. Mobile and TechnoBuffalo in which they compared the iPhone X to the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, I recommend you take a look. You can view the iMore Blog link below.

https://www.imore.com/galaxy-s9-vs-i...buffalo-collab

With that being said, Mr. Mobile declared the Galaxy S9 his choice. For those of you who depend on someone else's thoughts before making a purchase, will you now run out and buy the Galaxy S9?
    I had the Samsung Galaxy S9 and honestly it’s a great device but I just had to return back to apple lol
    LCW likes this.
    07-04-2018 03:28 PM
    My daughters happy with the S9. Too bad I can’t do FaceTime with her from my X.
    07-05-2018 08:12 PM
    I had the Samsung Galaxy S9 and honestly it’s a great device but I just had to return back to apple lol
    Yup same here. It was great for a couple weeks. Then it wasn’t lol. Back to iOS for me.
    07-07-2018 10:11 AM
    My daughters happy with the S9. Too bad I can’t do FaceTime with her from my X.
    Try Duo from google. Tried it from my iPhone X to my Android using buddy. Worked amazingly well.
    07-07-2018 10:12 AM
    I just got my new work issued phone, an S8 on Verizon. I can honestly say I forgot how much crap they load onto those phones. It took me a good 30+ minutes to get it setup, bloat that can be removed, well removed and running. Everyone I work with hates these phones, some have S7's issued last year. Its the 2 year cycle so this is the standard. I can honestly say after a week of use I would not be running back to an S9/S9+ or any Galaxy phone. Maybe consider a Pixel someday, but highly unlikely given how much Apple gear we have, iPad's, Watch, iMac Pro, AppleTV, etc . Just not worth the forced work arounds to get those to work.
    07-14-2018 09:12 AM
    No way. I've seriously learned my lesson. I have a Note 8 sitting in a drawer from that lesson. The phone is nice and on its own would be more than sufficient. Where I find the biggest degree of difficulties is with using any BT peripherals with it. ALWAYS fighting with it to sync, stay connected or some other issue. So very tired of the struggle. I put it back in the box and went and got an iPhone X which instantly and ALWAYS works with whatever I throw at it. As an added plus, the battery life is WAY better. I also splurged on a new Apple Watch Series 3 LTE model and again, works perfectly all the time. I'm getting older while my patience is getting shorter. Just give me something that works and does what I need it too.
    judgetom and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-26-2018 03:28 PM
120 ... 345