Great battery life on iPhone X - personal experience

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
This phone is phenomenal or battery life. Best I’ve seen on any phone (I’ve used dozen of android flagships including pixel2)

Last week I was in Disney theme parks with kids. Get up around 7AM, Apple map to get to park at 9AM and whole day I’ve used the Disney app and camera to take hundreds of pictures. Lots of phone calls, Whatsapp etc Stayed for about 12 hours with constant use and i drive back using Apple map. Still with h about 20% left. I couldn’t believe it

I see everyone carrying a portable battery pack in the park. I never had to recharge my phone.
Apple has done some magic with battery optimization.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I have always enjoyed excellent battery life with all of the iPhones I’ve enjoyed over the years. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your information and I have also had great battery life on my iPhones and the the X last me all day and I have no complaints about the battery life.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am also pleased with my new X battery life to the point that I took my car charger out of the car.

My SE battery life was real good as well but the X takes the cake

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine is better than my 6s was, but not as much as I had hoped. It basically gets me through a normal day, but if I had to use it more heavily, it’d be tight. I guess we all could always use more battery life. Here’s hoping that Apple considers a smart battery case for the X...

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Mine was great until iOS 11.3 released. I never had to charge during the day and would put my phone on the charger around 11pm with 25-30% left. The past few days Ive had to charge around 5pm everyday.

Been reading quite a few similar reports today. Apple needs to get their crap together with their OS.

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Here is my battery today. I’m on the latest 11.3. Battery is at 65%

I haven’t played the PUBG game today at all after I unplugged it. What does that mean that it’s using 20%. It’s not in my opened apps or anything. IMG_1832.JPGIMG_1831.JPG

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
That's measuring in the last 24 hours. Did you use it yesterday after 12:43?

Yes I did use it. I though it resented after a full charge for some reason. Is the on time and usage ok? For it being at 69%. Is there a way to track usage of apps after a full charge ?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did use it. I though it resented after a full charge for some reason. Is the on time and usage ok? For it being at 69%. Is there a way to track usage of apps after a full charge ?

Not that I know of. It’s the last 24 hours, the last 7 days. That’s it. The bottom stats, usage and standby, do reset after a full charge though.

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
a24bd7c0da2d9ebe33826f3aeb850df1.jpg

Is this good ? 28% left

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Is this good ? 28% left

Looks about the same as mine.

1x data connection; incredibly slow, meaning that any data transfer keeps the mobile radio trying to send and receive data a lot longer than it would for an LTE connection (not to mention WiFi). That may be the major cause of battery drain for you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Looks about the same as mine.

1x data connection; incredibly slow, meaning that any data transfer keeps the mobile radio trying to send and receive data a lot longer than it would for an LTE connection (not to mention WiFi). That may be the major cause of battery drain for you.

Exactly this. iPhones (and other smartphones) will boost antenna gain in low signal areas which uses more battery in addition to simply taking longer to transfer data. My phone even heats up in low signal areas because it’s working so hard to bring in data.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711