Effects on WiFi

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Picked up my iPhone X yesterday. Nice phone. Seems to be the right size, and I am getting used to the gesture control.

One thing though. It seems to bog down my WiFi. Streaming a movie yesterday on my Apple TV, and it froze. IPad also slowed to a crawl. Turned the WiFi on my phone off, and everything is normal. Movie starts back up, IPad continued it's updates. Any ideas?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Have you reset your router? That can help on home WiFi.

Yep. Still the same. Phone connected to WiFi, everything bogs down. Phone off WiFi, everything is good. Ran Speedcheck on my iPad, barely 5 Mbps with the phone on network, 67 Mbps with the phone off the network. Also, the phone was slow on the WiFi as well, but close to 50Mbps on Verizon's network. Netgear modem with Apple Airport Wifi router.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my iPhone X yesterday. Nice phone. Seems to be the right size, and I am getting used to the gesture control.

One thing though. It seems to bog down my WiFi. Streaming a movie yesterday on my Apple TV, and it froze. IPad also slowed to a crawl. Turned the WiFi on my phone off, and everything is normal. Movie starts back up, IPad continued it's updates. Any ideas?

That’s not normal. You might want to go through each app settings on the device. You may have a rogue app doing things it shouldn’t.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
That’s not normal. You might want to go through each app settings on the device. You may have a rogue app doing things it shouldn’t.

It started right out of the box. I had just started downloading apps, and it never happened on my 7 plus. Didn't even download all of the apps. And, there is nothing on my X that isn't on my 7 plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It started right out of the box. I had just started downloading apps, and it never happened on my 7 plus. Didn't even download all of the apps. And, there is nothing on my X that isn't on my 7 plus.

You might want to take it to the nearest Apple Store, explain what’s been happening and let them swap it out for you.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

Does that include pictures & videos? Or do you not have a ton of either of those?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Try resetting network settings on your phone. You will have to re-enter all WiFi passwords.

I'll try it later this week when I get back home. If it persists, Iay take it back to the Apple store, and see what they think, and replace it if needed.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Update: after being gone from home all week for work, I just got home. Turned the WiFi on for my phone, and I don't seem to be having any issues. Streaming seems to be just fine on my Apple TV, and I just ran a speedtest. While I'm supposed to be getting 100 Mbps, I am not at that level. Only about 72. But, it's not the 5 I was getting last week. Guess it was some sort of weird new phone thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711