Picked up my iPhone X yesterday. Nice phone. Seems to be the right size, and I am getting used to the gesture control.

One thing though. It seems to bog down my WiFi. Streaming a movie yesterday on my Apple TV, and it froze. IPad also slowed to a crawl. Turned the WiFi on my phone off, and everything is normal. Movie starts back up, IPad continued it's updates. Any ideas?
    04-01-2018 10:27 PM
    Weird. I haven’t had any issues here with my X on my home WiFi.
    04-01-2018 11:06 PM
    Have you reset your router? That can help on home WiFi.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-02-2018 01:33 PM
    Have you reset your router? That can help on home WiFi.
    Yep. Still the same. Phone connected to WiFi, everything bogs down. Phone off WiFi, everything is good. Ran Speedcheck on my iPad, barely 5 Mbps with the phone on network, 67 Mbps with the phone off the network. Also, the phone was slow on the WiFi as well, but close to 50Mbps on Verizon's network. Netgear modem with Apple Airport Wifi router.
    04-02-2018 04:35 PM
    Picked up my iPhone X yesterday. Nice phone. Seems to be the right size, and I am getting used to the gesture control.

One thing though. It seems to bog down my WiFi. Streaming a movie yesterday on my Apple TV, and it froze. IPad also slowed to a crawl. Turned the WiFi on my phone off, and everything is normal. Movie starts back up, IPad continued it's updates. Any ideas?
    That’s not normal. You might want to go through each app settings on the device. You may have a rogue app doing things it shouldn’t.
    04-02-2018 06:15 PM
    That’s not normal. You might want to go through each app settings on the device. You may have a rogue app doing things it shouldn’t.
    It started right out of the box. I had just started downloading apps, and it never happened on my 7 plus. Didn't even download all of the apps. And, there is nothing on my X that isn't on my 7 plus.
    04-02-2018 06:19 PM
    It started right out of the box. I had just started downloading apps, and it never happened on my 7 plus. Didn't even download all of the apps. And, there is nothing on my X that isn't on my 7 plus.
    You might want to take it to the nearest Apple Store, explain what’s been happening and let them swap it out for you.
    04-02-2018 07:04 PM
    Does that include pictures & videos? Or do you not have a ton of either of those?
    04-02-2018 07:14 PM
    Does that include pictures & videos? Or do you not have a ton of either of those?
    I don't have many. Once I turned the Wifi off, everything downloaded fairly quickly on cellular.
    04-02-2018 07:17 PM
    I don't have many. Once I turned the Wifi off, everything downloaded fairly quickly on cellular.
    Try resetting network settings on your phone. You will have to re-enter all WiFi passwords.
    04-02-2018 10:03 PM
    Try resetting network settings on your phone. You will have to re-enter all WiFi passwords.
    I'll try it later this week when I get back home. If it persists, Iay take it back to the Apple store, and see what they think, and replace it if needed.
    04-02-2018 10:06 PM
    I'll try it later this week when I get back home. If it persists, Iay take it back to the Apple store, and see what they think, and replace it if needed.
    Let us know how you make out. Good luck!
    04-02-2018 10:09 PM
    Update: after being gone from home all week for work, I just got home. Turned the WiFi on for my phone, and I don't seem to be having any issues. Streaming seems to be just fine on my Apple TV, and I just ran a speedtest. While I'm supposed to be getting 100 Mbps, I am not at that level. Only about 72. But, it's not the 5 I was getting last week. Guess it was some sort of weird new phone thing.
    04-06-2018 04:37 PM