Your iPhone X and watch

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
What do you guys do with your phone watch combos? I feel like I can get more outta my Apple Watch and phone. Throw out what you guys do day to day !!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, notifications. (But only the most important things to me make it to my wrist. If I hear a notification on my iPhone that doesn't buzz my wrist, I know it's not critical to look at.)
Yes, fitness and workout tracking.
Weather
Time (I have always worn a watch since I could tell time for this purpose)
Cooking timers
Heart rate and heart rate analysis
Sleep analysis (data captured by the watch)
Remote control of media playback and volume of my BT headphones on iPhone while it sits in my pocket
Alarms (I don't set them often, though)
Very rarely, turn by turn directions on my wrist, particularly walking directions
Rarely, looking at sports scores when I can't get to my phone
Yes, sometimes I use quick replies of text messages. Not often, though. (Though I just did it while I was typing this message, so...)

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Yes, notifications. (But only the most important things to me make it to my wrist. If I hear a notification on my iPhone that doesn't buzz my wrist, I know it's not critical to look at.)
Yes, fitness and workout tracking.
Weather
Time (I have always worn a watch since I could tell time for this purpose)
Cooking timers
Heart rate and heart rate analysis
Sleep analysis (data captured by the watch)
Remote control of media playback and volume of my BT headphones on iPhone while it sits in my pocket
Alarms (I don't set them often, though)
Very rarely, turn by turn directions on my wrist, particularly walking directions
Rarely, looking at sports scores when I can't get to my phone
Yes, sometimes I use quick replies of text messages. Not often, though. (Though I just did it while I was typing this message, so...)

I’ve never used it for sleeping yet. I need to. Do you notice it dying before the end of the day?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’ve never used it for sleeping yet. I need to. Do you notice it dying before the end of the day?

No. My general daily routine: wake up, work out. When the workout is done, put the watch on the charger and eat breakfast. Take the watch off charger, walk upstairs, put watch back on charger and shower and dress. Put watch back on. At night, when I go to bed, I put the watch back on the charger before I wash up. I read in bed for 10-30 minutes, put the watch back on, turn out the light, and go to sleep (hopefully.) My watch is rarely below 50% charge at any point in the day.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Dang that seems a big of excessive on and off no ?? How’s it do tracking your sleep.? Do you do that ?

I'm using AutoSleep for sleep tracking and it works pretty well. It has different settings for what type of sleeper you are; it has you go through a few setup questions to try and get it set correctly, and you can change it, as needed, as you see how it works.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I use mine to tell time. I've always worn watches. To monitor my health activity, and track sleep. I might be the only one, but I Scribble out texts all the time on my watch. I use the timer function so much I have it as one of my complications. I also often use it to check the temperature and date.I also use my watch for notifications. I spend much less time on my phone because a quick glance at my watch lets me know if it's something I need to pay attention to right away.

For those that asked about battery life and sleep tracking. I can often go 2 full days without ever taking my watch off, so battery life isn't an issue for sleep tracking. I switched to AutoSleep a month or so ago. Before that I was using Sleepmatic. AutoSleep is better and more accurate.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
AutoSleep,
Navigating with Apple Maps,
Replying to notifications,
Calls,
Workouts,
Waking up to alarms

I try to use my watch as much as possible.
And I agree with @msm0511 I can go a little more than 48 hours without charging.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
(iPhone 7+ and series 3 AW)

Notifications, quick replies, phone calls (wifi and LTE), navigation with Apple Maps, exercise, sleep monitor, Heart Study as I have premature ventricular contractions (PVC's), and music.

For me, it's really nice to go on my evening walks and bike rides with just my watch and airpods playing Apply Music and not worrying about my phone in my pocket.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I use mine for notifications, quick replies, exercise. Unfortunately my watch barely makes it a full day so no sleep tracking. I also have a Garmin Fenix 5s I use for everything but responding. My Garmin will last 14 days on a charge. I hope Apple will finally step up and concentrate on battery life. Almost every watch out there puts the Apple Watch to shame with battery life. Don't get me wrong I love my Apple Watch but hate having to take it off every day to charge it.