How much is it to fix a crack screen?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
At least you don't have to worry about them messing up the finger print sensor on the X, like you did on previous iPhones. ;)

But one time when apple had to change my screen on my 6s plus and it wouldn’t boot up after that, they just replaced my phone. What would a 3rd party do?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a guy that has a very successful shop that repairs nothing but iPhones and iPads. I trust him and he’s done great work for me on out of warranty phones for me. He uses all actual OEM parts unlike a lot of 3rd party repair shops. His advice is to bite the bullet and go to Apple. If you go 3rd party and they screw it up you really have a problem as now you have voided whatever warranty you had left on your X. Don’t try to cheap out on a $1000 phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a guy that has a very successful shop that repairs nothing but iPhones and iPads. I trust him and he’s done great work for me on out of warranty phones for me. He uses all actual OEM parts unlike a lot of 3rd party repair shops. His advice is to bite the bullet and go to Apple. If you go 3rd party and they screw it up you really have a problem as now you have voided whatever warranty you had left on your X. Don’t try to cheap out on a $1000 phone.

This is excellent advice!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Unlike he is Apple, he can’t use OEM parts as unauthorized repair shops don’t have access to those.
He can, over, use similar quality ones.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Unlike he is Apple, he can’t use OEM parts as unauthorized repair shops don’t have access to those.

Ok. Let’s put it this way. He has replaced a number of screens, cameras and batteries and I’ve never had an issue. Not the point of my post, but thanks.

My point was not to go to a third party with the iPhone X and that was advice from a reputable third party.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok. Let’s put it this way. He has replaced a number of screens, cameras and batteries and I’ve never had an issue. Not the point of my post, but thanks.

My point was not to go to a third party with the iPhone X and that was advice from a reputable third party.

Anytime!
And yeah, it isn’t a good idea!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

He could be using OEM parts. Apple offers online certification to become an authorized repair technician. There's a place not far from me that teaches courses to do so. I have no idea if this person has done that, so he may not be using genuine Apple parts, but it's a possibility. I've given serious though to doing it myself.