iPhone X cycle count

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine last Friday. Coconut says 6 cycles. Not a good sign for holding on to this phone for 30 months...

I don't think that is any indicator for it lasting that long.

I just use my phones and don't worry about cycle counts etc. There is nothing you can do to change it except use it less, and what is the point in that?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to check this on my device itself. So I would need to plug it into my computer and download an application to check this, right?

If so, it's definitely not important enough for me to do that much investigative work, lol. Especially since I typically upgrade every year. Doesn't strike me as a particularly important metric unless my device isn't performing to my liking.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, there's no way to check this on my device itself. So I would need to plug it into my computer and download an application to check this, right?

If so, it's definitely not important enough for me to do that much investigative work, lol. Especially since I typically upgrade every year. Doesn't strike me as a particularly important metric unless my device isn't performing to my liking.

I thought Coconut Battery was a website, rather than an application. I could be wrong though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that is any indicator for it lasting that long.

I just use my phones and don't worry about cycle counts etc. There is nothing you can do to change it except use it less, and what is the point in that?

Correct, except I really am hoping to keep the device for 30 months, and if I am using 6 charge cycles in 8 days, that suggests I'll hit the 500 cycles in about 20 months, so it's likely my battery will only have 80% of its original capacity by then. Hopefully Apple will still have the battery replacement program by then. (I've kept my 6s in a smart battery case almost since I had it, and did have the battery replaced under recall in Dec 2016, so I was lucky with that one. We'll see with this one.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Correct, except I really am hoping to keep the device for 30 months, and if I am using 6 charge cycles in 8 days, that suggests I'll hit the 500 cycles in about 20 months, so it's likely my battery will only have 80% of its original capacity by then. Hopefully Apple will still have the battery replacement program by then. (I've kept my 6s in a smart battery case almost since I had it, and did have the battery replaced under recall in Dec 2016, so I was lucky with that one. We'll see with this one.)

500 charge cycles is not a limit. It's simply what Apple guarantees. I'm a very heavy user, and I've had my 6s Plus for 30 months. It's at about 70% life. It's hanging in there, but I'll need a new battery soon. I don't have a computer or an iPad. So my 6s Plus has been it all day, every day for 30 months.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
500 charge cycles is not a limit. It's simply what Apple guarantees. I'm a very heavy user, and I've had my 6s Plus for 30 months. It's at about 70% life. It's hanging in there, but I'll need a new battery soon. I don't have a computer or an iPad. So my 6s Plus has been it all day, every day for 30 months.

Yes, I know, they promise 80% capacity at 500 cycles. Issue is that I’m not sure that any worse than that will get me through a day based on how it is right now, plus, as I understand it, batteries often start losing capacity fast when they reach a level like that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I know, they promise 80% capacity at 500 cycles. Issue is that I’m not sure that any worse than that will get me through a day based on how it is right now, plus, as I understand it, batteries often start losing capacity fast when they reach a level like that.

Life capacity seems to deteriorate fairly slow. I do have to charge about 3 times a day, since I use it so much. I generally am using my phone while charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711