Maybe coming back to Apple iPhone

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Good morning thinking about coming back to Apple I had the I phone 7+ Started missing enjoyed a little bit with that with Samsung 8+ thinking about coming back to Apple Enjoy it just seems to be a little boring right now plus more watches are terrible I missed the Apple Watch more than anything else if I come back I can’t make up my mind to get the 7+ or 8+ Or the iPhone X looking for some help it’s a very hard decision would welcome any advice? Again I can’t think everybody enough for all their help really liked the forms on Apple

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe coming back to Apple xphone

Oh I can't give you advice on what you like, but I personally love my X. Didn't think I would but I do. Keyboard is a little funky looking the way they got it scrunched. You'll have to go play with it at a store first. I came from an 8 plus.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You should definitely get an iPhone 8 Plus or an X Settling for an iPhone 7 Plus don’t make no sense if you can afford either an 8 Plus or X as the iPhone 7 Plus is already been on the market for 18 months by now It’s up to you to choose for a bigger screen of the Plus or the Face ID and the longer screen of the X Good luck in your choice

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The only trade off I experienced was the smaller screen of the iPhone X compared to the 7 Plus I came from. I know the X’s display is technically larger but that’s definitely not the way it seems. That said, I’m still happy I got the X.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I really can’t think you enough it’s a real hard decision for me loved google and my Samsung gear 2 but just seams boring now watch doesn’t seem fun or do what I want it to do anymore I guess because of tizen Samsung uses plus tired of spending a $1000 on a phone that takes for ever to get any updates I have the Samsung 8+ Unlocked and still no updates. Again thanks for all your help love reading your post!
Have a wonderful Day.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I can imagine that it is a hard decision. I agree that going with either an iPhone 8 Plus or an iPhone X would be wise. If you really loved your iPhone 7 Plus, the 8 Plus might be a good choice. I agree with the advice about going to an Apple Store, and playing with both would be wise. Good luck and keep us posted!

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
It is hard to decide looked at lunch today at the Apple store guy told me Verizon will give me $499 for my 8+ towards a iPhone X on credits of $20 a month that makes it harder to decide

raqball

Mar 27, 2018
Visit site
I had the 8 for 2 weeks and then returned it for the X. Very happy with my choice after using the X for over a month now.

I was concerned at 1st about gestures and faceID but after using them, my concerns were unfounded. Gestures are very intuitive and I really don't think I could ever go back to a home buttoned iPhone again. faceID works or fails, at about the same rate as touchID did for me.

The X is a great phone but it is a tad bit on the expensive side.

Good luck whatever you decide.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
It’s a hard choice between between a plus model and the X. If you are more comfortable using the home button versus the gesture concepts, I would go with an 8 or and 8 plus.

If you have an open mind and the financial resources to buy the X and are patient on learning the gesture concepts, I would go with the iPhone X.

Being I was a long time user of the Blackberry OS10 system and loved using gestures, the iPhone X and using gestures felt natural to me. Just my two cents worth.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I really miss the Apple Watch heard new watch maybe circle do you think they will make a bigger x phone? I really can’t think you enough for all your help..

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Perfect size device for me I also use the note 8 and if I could combine both of the I would have the perfect phon.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I really miss the Apple Watch heard new watch maybe circle do you think they will make a bigger x phone? I really can’t think you enough for all your help..

All the rumors currently point to an "X Plus" next year that has a 6.5" screen. We won't likely won't know for sure until September.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The battery percentage is still there, just not visible on standby screen. You have to swipe down from the right corner to see the percentage.

I'm guessing he is aware of that, just that many here would like the percentage to always be there. My thought is Apple should have an option where you can swap out the battery icon for a battery percentage -- it would use about the same space, so it wouldn't cause issues with the notch. As I've also stated, I think Apple should give the option where FaceID can unlock the phone, without the need for a swipe, while leaving the default to require a swipe.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My thought is Apple should have an option where you can swap out the battery icon for a battery percentage...
... or superimpose the number over the icon itself.

As I've also stated, I think Apple should give the option where FaceID can unlock the phone

Technically it does unlock the phone, but I assume that you want it to go straight to home. I like it the way it is, because I always read the notifications on the lock screen first, but I'm ok with the non-default option.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
... or superimpose the number over the icon itself.

Technically it does unlock the phone, but I assume that you want it to go straight to home. I like it the way it is, because I always read the notifications on the lock screen first, but I'm ok with the non-default option.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I don't mind the having the X unlock come up to the lock screen, needing to swipe to the home screen, and would likely leave it that way -- but I know several here don't care for that and would prefer having FaceID open the phone to the Home screen without a swipe. It would be nice if Apple offered the option.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW