Personally I have seen plenty of iPhone 10s "in the wild". However, it's clear from the supply chain that sales have been lower than expected. This is not a bad thing for the industry as a whole or for users - it means the shaped OLED screens will be available at lower cost to other manufacturers, so we will likely see some cheaper phones using them in the near future. Cheaper phones and more competition are good for customers!
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 03-25-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    03-25-2018 03:15 AM
    I’ve seen more and more Xs. lots at work but also lots of people who refuse to spend that kind of money for a phone. I can’t blame them. I love my X but I do feel it’s overpriced. Hoping the prices go back closer to what they’ve been for previous models.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-25-2018 07:11 AM
    Here is a great comparison video of the X and the palm pre.

kataran and mogelijk like this.
    03-25-2018 09:03 AM
    That video is accurate but what Wasn’t mentioned is after the original Palm Pre they went full Gesture and got rid of the home button as shown in my photo of the Palm Pre2 and the HP Pre3 which was larger
    Seneca09 likes this.
    03-25-2018 09:15 AM
    Haven’t read through so excuse me if I’m repeating but if rumors are true of 3 new devices of an upgraded SE, upgraded X, and an X Plus, I believe one of two things will happen.

1. People will make the move realizing the home button is gone and to get the most of iOS 12 they’ll need to jump or;

2. They’ll continue to make use of their fully functional line of 8 or 7 just like people help on to their 5 and 5s for years.

Time will tell. I happen to work in tech selling applications and platforms and our entire team ordered iPhone X at 3am ET...it was important for us to see just how far Apple was pushing AR.
    kataran likes this.
    03-25-2018 08:08 PM
    That is because there's nothing special to offer aside from the fact that it is expensive. I still use my iPhone 6s and will maybe swith on to Samsung sooner or later.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    03-25-2018 08:26 PM
    So 8 pages on MR forum didn't give you your answers

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...ssful.2110960/
    Great find.
    Next up on the Apple centric blogs forums tour will probably be AppleInsider....
    03-25-2018 08:59 PM
    That is because there's nothing special to offer aside from the fact that it is expensive. I still use my iPhone 6s and will maybe swith on to Samsung sooner or later.
    Being a Two Post member it’s hard to take your opinion with much merit
    Al Paca, trw1602 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-25-2018 09:02 PM
    I've been here a while and I agree with him.

I just "upgraded" to the X from a 7+ and am completely Meh on it. So much so, I think I may return it. The thing that bothers me about it is while the overall screen is bigger, it is narrower which really screws with video and other things, especially if the app isn't optimized for the X. I don't understand why they made the thing so narrow, making the screen a funky resolution size.

I also don't like that there is no screen zoom view option like the 8/7 pluses have(not the accessibility option but there is a standard/zoom option on my prior 7+).

I do like the face recognition but it's not perfect.

This just may be the right time to jump back to Android for a while(had a Note 4 prior to getting a 6s+ a couple years ago) until Apple comes up with something a bit better.
    03-26-2018 12:13 AM

I just "upgraded" to the X from a 7+ and am completely Meh on it. So much so, I think I may return it. The thing that bothers me about it is while the overall screen is bigger, it is narrower which really screws with video and other things, especially if the app isn't optimized for the X. I don't understand why they made the thing so narrow, making the screen a funky resolution size.

I also don't like that there is no screen zoom view option like the 8/7 pluses have(not the accessibility option but there is a standard/zoom option on my prior 7+).

This just may be the right time to jump back to Android for a while(had a Note 4 prior to getting a 6s+ a couple years ago) until Apple comes up with something a bit better.
    Hopefully you’ll be pleased with this fall’s iPhone releases. While I’m not quite as critical about iPhone X as you are the display size is by far my biggest critique. There are some pretty reliable rumors that Apple will be releasing a “Plus” size version of iPhone X.
    My advice would be to stick with your 7 Plus for now and see what Apple does in September. Believe it or not that’s only about six months away.
    kataran likes this.
    03-26-2018 06:12 AM
    Here is a great comparison video of the X and the palm pre.

Man I miss the Palm Pre.
    Seneca09 and kataran like this.
    03-26-2018 09:19 AM

The screen zoom does exist for the iPhone X, at least for most video apps (I think that is what you meant), just that you don't need/use a button. Instead, you use an expand/pinch gesture to zoom to full screen and back.

The narrower screen seems to be a change all manufacturers are making in their flagships. I suspect it is to give a similar amount of screen "real estate" while making the phone easier to hold -- or for larger phones to make it still possible to hold while making screens even larger.

As was mentioned, a 6.5" iPhone is rumored for next year (again, with the 19.5:9 aspect ratio) and rumors now have the base model at $999 (the 5.8" version is supposed to be $899). The iPhone "lite" (for lack of a better name), the new 6.1" LCD iPhone will allegedly be $799.
    kataran likes this.
    03-26-2018 11:20 AM
    You should not measure the value of someone's opinion by how much stuff they post on the internet. Some would argue the opposite.
    03-27-2018 03:16 AM
    The screen zoom does exist for the iPhone X, at least for most video apps (I think that is what you meant), just that you don't need/use a button. Instead, you use an expand/pinch gesture to zoom to full screen and back.
    Doesn't this distort or clip the video?
    03-27-2018 03:18 AM
    Doesn't this distort or clip the video?
    It chops a bit of the top and bottom of the picture off.
    03-27-2018 05:32 AM
    You can also double tap the center of the screen to switch between normal view and zoomed view. I rarely watch videos zoomed in though because, as you said, it chops the top and bottom of the video off and the notch is really, really noticeable.
    doogald likes this.
    03-27-2018 05:38 AM
    We were all "two post members" at one time.

Price is the #1 reason I didn't upgrade. Not being compatible with Tmobile's 600MHz network is #2 .

Don't judge a book by its cover.
    doogald likes this.
    03-27-2018 06:17 AM
    Basically, yes. No home button and better camera. I couldn't see spending $1k to "upgrade" from my 7+.
    03-27-2018 06:23 AM
    We were all "two post members" at one time.

Don't judge a book by its cover.
    You can’t assume a device has nothing to offer unless you had the opportunity to use it.

Face ID in the manner that Apple implemented in the X is by far better than any unlocking method on the market today
    TwitchyPuppy and p3t3rPan like this.
    03-27-2018 07:39 AM
    You can’t assume a device has nothing to offer unless you had the opportunity to use it.

Face ID in the manner that Apple implemented in the X is by far better than any unlocking method on the market today
    I think the issue was more with your choice of wording than anything else. If you had said “being that you haven’t owned an iPhone X it’s hard to take your opinion with much merit” I think it would have been at least a little better received by others. We shouldn’t just assume that new members to the forum can’t add value to discussion. That’s far from the truth.
    libra89 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-27-2018 07:53 AM
    I think the issue was more with your choice of wording than anything else. If you had said “being that you haven’t owned an iPhone X it’s hard to take your opinion with much merit” I think it would have been at least a little better received by others. We shouldn’t just assume that new members to the forum can’t add value to discussion. That’s far from the truth.
    Point taken

Joining a forum and posting a negative comment with no basis kind of rubbed me the wrong way

I apologize for my rudeness but still stand my reply
    Rob Phillips and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    03-27-2018 07:59 AM
    After using the X for 10 days, I both strongly agree and slightly disagree with this. Unlocking the phone with Face ID is almost magical compared with Touch ID (the faster version on the 6s; it's even way better than the slower version on my iPad mini 4), and so far I've only one time it didn't unlock when I thought it should.

However, unlocking within apps, not so much. 1Password, Authy, and the App Store are noticeably slower unlocking with Face ID. And I far, far, far prefer Apple Pay with Touch ID over Face ID. With Touch ID, it's as simple as placing my finger on the Touch ID sensor and bringing the top of the phone toward the tap to pay sensor. With Face ID, I have to double-tap the sleep/wake button, then look at the phone to authenticate, then bring the phone close. I prefer Touch ID for this.

So, the reality is that 95% of the time that I authenticate with the phone is to unlock it, so Face ID is great. Those few times I use it for something else, I almost wish that Apple had a Touch ID sensor on the phone somewhere (on the Apple logo on back?) as well.
    kataran likes this.
    03-27-2018 09:21 AM
    After using the X for 10 days, I both strongly agree and slightly disagree with this. Unlocking the phone with Face ID is almost magical compared with Touch ID (the faster version on the 6s; it's even way better than the slower version on my iPad mini 4), and so far I've only one time it didn't unlock when I thought it should.

However, unlocking within apps, not so much. 1Password, Authy, and the App Store are noticeably slower unlocking with Face ID. And I far, far, far prefer Apple Pay with Touch ID over Face ID. With Touch ID, it's as simple as placing my finger on the Touch ID sensor and bringing the top of the phone toward the tap to pay sensor. With Face ID, I have to double-tap the sleep/wake button, then look at the phone to authenticate, then bring the phone close. I prefer Touch ID for this.

So, the reality is that 95% of the time that I authenticate with the phone is to unlock it, so Face ID is great. Those few times I use it for something else, I almost wish that Apple had a Touch ID sensor on the phone somewhere (on the Apple logo on back?) as well.
    Well said

I agree Apple Pay felt more natural with Touch ID. If Apple could add a Touch ID to AssistiveTouch to give customers another option that would be good

I lock everything from notes to any app that has a lock option like my bank app, PayPal and Face ID makes it feel like there’s no protection at all. Didn’t like to fingerprint a bunch of apps all day
    03-27-2018 09:33 AM
    It’s definitely a top device ranks right up with the note8. It feels better in the hand than most devices and it’s super fast with an awesome camera. It’s not apples best launch but still very successful IMO.
    kataran likes this.
    03-27-2018 02:49 PM
    I have had the iPhone X since the official launch day and the more I use the device, the more I find myself liking it. As far as the cost, yes I feel the device should be less expensive and should have been priced the same as the iPhone plus model.

But, I have the financial resources and don’t regret my purchase decision one bit. My device has worked perfectly since day one and I feel gestures are the future and I am excited what lies ahead on the horizon.
    kataran, Laura Knotek and Lee_Bo like this.
    03-27-2018 02:55 PM
83 1234