I have one and love it. At the end of the day that's all that really matters ...
    Some of my favorite music didn't come from the musicians biggest selling albums...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2018 11:34 PM
    Love my X.
    03-24-2018 02:51 AM
    I think there is also an embarrassment factor with the iPhone 10. It's the same as the iWatch - it's a kind of reverse status symbol. Users often take an apologetic tone when you ask about their device, saying it's overpriced, not worth the money, not that good, etc. I don't know if they really think that, but if you have one, everyone knows that you spent $1000+ on it (or will over the life of a contract). They don't seem to feel good about it.
    03-24-2018 04:24 AM
    This is the only I want to touch on. Millionaires don’t become and stay millionaires by spending money unnecessarily. They will generally hold on to things until they no longer work.
    This. I’d say millionaires tend to spend money where it matters. They’ll spend $800K on another condo in Naples that will likely appreciate in value over time before they’ll buy another iPhone when the one they currently have works just fine. I’d say 8 out every 10 of my clients are just like that.
    cwbcpa and dazzlingirl like this.
    03-24-2018 06:22 AM
    I think there is also an embarrassment factor with the iPhone 10. It's the same as the iWatch - it's a kind of reverse status symbol. Users often take an apologetic tone when you ask about their device, saying it's overpriced, not worth the money, not that good, etc. I don't know if they really think that, but if you have one, everyone knows that you spent $1000+ on it (or will over the life of a contract). They don't seem to feel good about it.
    I think so too. I’ve met a few people who have a “I miss my home button and it cost too much” mentality with their iPhone Xs. That said I have never met anyone who is embarrassed of their Apple Watch. You’d be surprised how many people roll up to my office in $100K+ cars proudly sporting their aluminum Apple Watches.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    03-24-2018 06:27 AM
    I love the iPhone X, but the price tag means that even some who are attracted to it won’t be comfortable paying for it. It’s a luxury item to many.

So in my experience whether someone gets the X is mostly financial. Many old fart rich guys (like the senior partner types) buy the X even though they struggle to master the new phone. Young girls with average bank accounts openly love it, but can’t afford it. Private school girls and affluent types all have the iPhone X. Some guys I know would rather buy other things, like a new Sig or a dog or whatever, but most have the X.
    03-24-2018 07:37 AM
    I love the iPhone X, but the price tag means that even some who are attracted to it won’t be comfortable paying for it. It’s a luxury item to many.

So in my experience whether someone gets the X is mostly financial. Many old fart rich guys (like the senior partner types) buy the X even though they struggle to master the new phone. Young girls with average bank accounts openly love it, but can’t afford it. Private school girls and affluent types all have the iPhone X. Some guys I know would rather buy other things, like a new Sig or a dog or whatever, but most have the X.
    I am a 65 year old retiree who has the iPhone X. I LOVE it! I did NOT “struggle” to master it. You are definitely stereotyping here. I love the way it fits in my hand, I love the gestures, I love the Face ID. I’m definitely not an “old fart rich guy” and most definitely not a young girl (I am a retired grandma). Why do you assume it’s just young girls who have it (I know plenty of boys who have iPhones). You are very narrow minded and I resent that you think we “old people” can’t figure the iPhone X out. It was by far the easiest phone to get used to.
    03-24-2018 09:17 AM
    One of the problems Apple have with the iPhone 10 is that it doesn't really fit their brand image. The iPhone has been a very conservative product since around 2011, with a smaller screen and a more old fashioned design that its competitors (look at the bezels on the iPhone 8! look at the 16:9 screen!). Many people buy the iPhone because it's familiar and safe and doesn't change much from year to year.

By Apple's standards, the iPhone 10 is a relatively radical product. It's not the first to do anything very much, but it's only the second phone I'm aware of with a notched display, and only a few high end Samsungs and LGs have had curved screen corners and such small bezels up until now. I suspect most Apple users prefer to stick to what they know. (This probably doesn't apply to users of this site)

Removing the fingerprint sensor didn't help either.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 03-24-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    03-24-2018 09:53 AM
    I resent that you think we “old people” can’t figure the iPhone X out.
    I actually said that--in my experience--old fart white guys were having issues.

I didn’t address grandmas.

Grandmas who make unwarranted assumptions are quite different, you see, and in a separate category of analysis.
    03-24-2018 09:56 AM

Grandmas who make unwarranted assumptions are quite different, you see, and in a separate category of analysis.
    HeHe...you are probably right! I apologize. I mis-understood what you wrote. My assumptions were wrong. It’s just that most “old fart white guys” that I know are very tech savvy and know how to use their iPhones (including the iPhone X. By the way, my grandkids call me the “cool grandma” because I’m so tech savvy (of course it helped that I worked in the software industry for years). Again, i apologize
    03-24-2018 10:04 AM
    "fewer "normal" customers" what is a normal customer? I consider my self a "normal" customer. True I haven't seen any iPhone Xs in the wild but I haven't really looked for them. I know 2 people that have one, my wife (I bought it for her for Christmas) and an Engineer I work with. As far as I know both really like their iPhone X. I love mine.

As I have stated before what notch? The notch is a noting to me. The face ID work flawlessly for me both when unlocking the phone and using Apple Pay. I've seen a statement on the IMORE web site say The iPhone X X is the best ever iPhone. I disagree with this statement. I think the 1st iPhone made is the best iPhone made. It revolutionized the cell phone/smart phone industry.

But back to the iPhone X. It is the best iPhone I have ever owned. I have had every iPhone since the 3G except the 3GS.
    03-24-2018 11:58 AM
    I think many here are generalizing on what people can/cannot adapt to and aren't very accurate about it. The iPhone X required very little change from previous iPhones. iOS on it still looks the same. The camera is mostly the same. The Apple experience is the same. The only difference is it requires gestures to operate it. I mean, there's a very little learning curve to it and people of any age can figure it out.

This wasn't even a dramatic change for me in terms of devices because I've been so used to Android for years (which changes all the time) and the X just seemed like no big deal. It's just a different way to interact with iOS. The only problem people have with the X is that it costs too much, and it does. I own the 256GB space gray version and I think I paid too much for it. It should've been $1,000, not $1,149.
    03-24-2018 12:07 PM
    I think many here are generalizing on what people can/cannot adapt to and aren't very accurate about it. The iPhone X required very little change from previous iPhones. iOS on it still looks the same. The camera is mostly the same. The Apple experience is the same. The only difference is it requires gestures to operate it. I mean, there's a very little learning curve to it and people of any age can figure it out.

This wasn't even a dramatic change for me in terms of devices because I've been so used to Android for years (which changes all the time) and the X just seemed like no big deal. It's just a different way to interact with iOS. The only problem people have with the X is that it costs too much, and it does. I own the 256GB space gray version and I think I paid too much for it. It should've been $1,000, not $1,149.
    Indeed
    03-24-2018 12:08 PM
    Since the iPhone X is confirmed as the best selling iPhone by Tim Cook, CNET, etc, and since sales of iPhone models overall were down only 1% with about 80 million sold, since record profits have been earned by Apple selling the iPhone X, and since iPhone X users are overwhelmingly satisfied, I think threads like this one are mostly click bait. I just like reading about how much fun we’re having with this very cool phone!
    03-24-2018 12:30 PM
    but since I don't go around staring at people's phones, I can't say how many I may or may not have seen.
    This x1000. I’ve never really understood the “I haven’t seen people with the iPhone X” comment. Do people really pay that much attention to what others are using?
    03-24-2018 12:46 PM

Well, then, let me complain about your "old fart white guys" and say it isn't true. In fact, I think many of the "old fart white guys" prefer the X to the older phones -- it feels nostalgic to us -- because we are the ones who previously owned Palm/WebOS and Blackberry devices that had gestures. In many ways, for us, the X feels like "coming home."
    anon(5630457) and Seneca09 like this.
    03-24-2018 03:03 PM
    I think threads like this one are mostly click bait.
    Click bait is a shady business practice used by certain web sites where they post ridiculous headlines in an attempt to get lots of clicks and generate ad revenue. This is an open forum and the thread was started by a member with 10 total posts. Hardly click bait but I see where you’re coming from.
    03-24-2018 03:09 PM
    This x1000. I’ve never really understood the “I haven’t seen people with the iPhone X” comment. Do people really pay that much attention to what others are using?
    I suppose so...
    03-24-2018 04:28 PM
    Do people really pay that much attention to what others are using?
    I've been frequenting Mobile Nations forums from before it was even the Smartphone Network (2008), so yes, they do. Nothing surprises me.
    03-24-2018 04:35 PM
    The average person probably pays zero attention to what anyone else is using. Me? I'm always looking to see what other people are using just out of curiosity. I check out phones, wearables, TVs, laptops and whatever else I see. I'm not doing it for any other reason than I like to see what people are actually using. These forums are not a real snapshot of what the average consumer is buying or how they feel about a product. I'm a fan of technology. Observation in a room full of parents at a school function vs a room full of professionals at a seminar provides interesting info on what real consumers are using. That may not be interesting to anyone else but it is to me. I don't keep some database of my findings. Lol. I am not that crazy.
    kataran, trw1602, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    03-24-2018 04:59 PM
    I’m a 53 year old guy and I love my X. It reminds me of my first, a sleek shiny Palm Pre
    Seneca09 likes this.
    03-24-2018 07:30 PM
    I’m a 53 year old guy and I love my X. It reminds me of my first, a sleek shiny Palm Pre
    Yes Yes

I feel the same about my X

Had the Pre and Pre2
    Seneca09 and dazzlingirl like this.
    03-24-2018 07:32 PM
    I pay attention to the watch people are wearing and the gun they're carrying more than their phone.
    03-24-2018 07:34 PM
    I think it’s more of a general awareness of the people around you than actively looking at what devices people are using. If someone has their phone out it doesn’t take a whole lot to notice whether or not it’s an iPhone X.
    03-24-2018 10:55 PM
    Some here do. I see some paying attention to which phone TV show characters are using. I'm one who hasn't noticed any in the wild. But then, I don't look to see. I notice a few phones in the market check out, but most are Android or older iPhones.
    03-24-2018 11:23 PM
83 1234