Sold both my iPhone Xs

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Holding volume up and the lock button at the same time takes a screenshot

Pressing and releasing volume up and the wake/lock button takes a screenshot, but holding either of the volume buttons and the wake/lock button at the same time eventually brings up the swipe to shutdown screen without taking a screenshot.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Pressing and releasing volume up and the wake/lock button takes a screenshot, but holding either of the volume buttons and the wake/lock button at the same time eventually brings up the swipe to shutdown screen without taking a screenshot.

Ahh there we go...thanks!!!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Pressing both and releasing does a screenshot. Pressing both and holding them will bring up the shut down slider.
You said it better. Wish I would have seen your answer before I posted.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I feel like this thread is one big AA meeting or support group.

Hi. My name is Andrew and I'm a serial phone switcher. Popkurn and I have been going back and forth through some PMs about this stuff. So she knows how messed up I am and how much time I spend fretting over what I'm using or going to use.

Currently I'm on an iX 256gb. I honestly think it's a fantastic phone. But I do not think it is in any way even remotely close to worth it for the price I paid. There are so many little annoying things about it - I just can't put my finger on it as to what I don't like. But I know I don't really want to keep it. So then I look into what else I would use on iOS and I feel like I'd be using the same thing I've been using for years, just with a little bit more lipstick on it.

So to turn away from iOS would be to leave behind iMessage, which isn't the biggest deal in the world, as my whole family uses Google Photos or Facebook Messenger. But it is still an inconvenience. And that leaves me with two options: the Pixel 2 XL or S9 Plus. There really isn't anything else I'd use.

The S9 Plus seems to be a good compromise for me as to what it offers, and the only thing it's missing would be quick updates. The Pixel 2 XL has those updates, but is missing wireless charging and SD card support.

Decisions! Decisions!

***As a side note, I've been in Disney World for the past week and the X has worked just fine. But man it seems like 99% of people have an iPhone. And I'm weird - it turns me off. I hate feeling like a sheep. I like to be a little bit different. And I feel like I'm just one of the flock with this phone.

P.S. I hate the Notch

Me, you, and popkurn should start a support group. :rotfl:

My SIM is in my S9+ currently but I have my iPhone X connected to WiFi. I can't decide which one I want more. iOS obviously has better software updates and I love how all of your iMessages can just be on your next iDevice without having to connect it to anything (other than your Apple ID, of course).

But the S9+ feels great to use! The battery life is better. I actually prefer FaceID to a fingerprint sensor as I feel FPSs are a step in the wrong direction. Iris scanning is great, but it doesn't work well when I'm wearing my prescription eyeglasses. And I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I actually prefer the display on the iPhone X vs the S9+. I'm not a fan of the super punchy cartoony look anymore.

As far as cameras, the S9+ easily beats the X. The low-light photos are relatively noise-free. The dynamic range is great, but I still think the X takes better daytime photos.

Decisions, decisions...luckily I still have 28 days to decide. Yay Xfinity Mobile 30-day return policy!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Me, you, and popkurn should start a support group. :rotfl:

Except I don't think we'd ever get ANYTHING accomplished.

I'm still on the fence. No matter how annoyed I am with Apple. I really have a love/hate relationship with my iPhone X and Apple on the whole.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Except I don't think we'd ever get ANYTHING accomplished.

I'm still on the fence. No matter how annoyed I am with Apple. I really have a love/hate relationship with my iPhone X and Apple on the whole.

Andrew failed to mention that we already have a support group going, just need to include @Retinella into the chat group! Hahaha

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I bought both colors as well op. You aren’t alone.

So after going between phone x and iphone 8 plus constantly now i am at 8 plus from two weeks and i m not missing iphone x much any more.

I have used iphone x alot in previous months and i can surely conclude few things about it.

Phone gets warm up quickly even in normal usage situations where as my plus models always stayed cool in those situations.. i have tried many iphone x’s so its safe to say every one had same behaviour .. it gets warms up while using high brightness and surfing some facebook instagram etc but it get very warm if u play any demanding game .. leaves a bad feeling in my mind whenever i try to use this phone and than i stop using it more.. probably due to the feeling dissatisfaction.

Battery usage is not good at this phone coming from plus models it is almost 30 to 40 percent less .. I don’t understand how in youtube videos it defeats iphone 8 plus while in daily usage situations it has crap battery drainage comparing to my iphone 8 plus.. i used to get 4 to 5 hours usage from all of my iphone x’s with my normal usage of instagram facebook whats app little bit of candy crush 20 mins of gps while i get 8 to 10 hours easily from my iphone 8 plus in same usage pattern infact i touched 12 hours a few days ago ...

Either there is some crazy optimisation of iphone 8 plus or there is some bad optimisation in iphone x is responsible for all this.

Totally loved the design and form factor of iphone x and Fid is an innovation in its own but not yet ready or fast enough for masses.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I did come back in the Fall just like I thought I would. I got a black and a gold 256G Max. I really do love the XS Max and how compatible everything is with the iPhone. It’s a very polished experience.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sold both my iPhone Xes

How the hell can you spend $1,998 on 2 phones just because you wanted both colours? You must have money to burn, what a waste of money.

Some people buy airplanes or fancy sports cars. Some people take expensive vacations. I spend on tech.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Some people buy airplanes or fancy sports cars. Some people take expensive vacations. I spend on tech.

Yeah, rich celebrities on way more money than they’re worth, wasting money on pointless crap because they can’t think of anything else they need.

You must earn thousands a month, I mean, I’m on a good wage but still can’t justify spending that much on tech just for both colours. It just baffles me when people needlessly spend money on crap when it could be spent on feeding kids, or paying bills, or even a nice holiday to get a way for a few weeks.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, rich celebrities on way more money than they’re worth, wasting money on pointless crap because they can’t think of anything else they need.

You must earn thousands a month, I mean, I’m on a good wage but still can’t justify spending that much on tech just for both colours. It just baffles me when people needlessly spend money on crap when it could be spent on feeding kids, or paying bills, or even a nice holiday to get a way for a few weeks.

It sounds like you have different desires. I love tech and don’t mind spending on it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a true believer that what a person spends their money on is none of my business. I remember one time I looked on my nightstand and I had a iPhone 5s, Blackberry Z10, Samsung SG3, and a Samsung Note 3 and asked myself, WHY?...LOL. Could I have spent my money on different/better things...YES, but I could have also spent it on worse things as well.
Welcome back for now @tadpoles and good luck with your Max or whatever you choose to spend your money on.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You need your head looking at as well.

To be fair, we all (presumably) go to work and earn our money. What we choose to spend that money on is of nobody else's concern. They earned their money, they have the freedom to do with that money as they please. Their purchases aren't keeping me up at night. So they shouldn't bother you so much.