I actually decided to keep the S9+, although I exchanged the black one for a blue one. I'm heading to Rocky Mountain National Park in a couple of weeks and I want the amazing cameras to record my trip!
    I went to RMNP a couple of years ago, drove across Trail Ridge road. It is a beautiful place. I haven't played with the S9+ cameras, though from samples I'm not convinced it is really better than the iPhone X camera. My issue with S9 samples is how heavily the process the pictures, many seem over-processed. Perhaps you could do a comparison between the iPhone and the S9+? Hope you have a great trip.

And though it might be a bit whiter now:
    Sold both my iPhone Xs-img_0121.jpg
    Sold both my iPhone Xs-img_0120.jpg
    Sold both my iPhone Xs-img_0122.jpg
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    03-27-2018 05:30 AM
    I haven't played with the S9+ cameras, though from samples I'm not convinced it is really better than the iPhone X camera.
    You can really notice it in low light shots. In many low light situations, the iPhone X can’t even catch up to the S9+. Many photos I’ve taken on the X were just too dark and noisy when compared to the Samsung.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    03-27-2018 08:05 AM
    Samsung does make some nice cameras! I'd say my S8+ took nicer photos in most situations. My S8+ started dropping frames and slowing down though, and I wasn't gonna have a phone that I have to do a clean wipe on every 6 months. Honestly my Apple Watch keeps me on iOS more than my iPhone. That and the integration with my Apple TV and MBP.

I also loved Samsung's UI in the beginning. It felt really modern in a way that iOS and the Pixel's UI didn't. Over time though it started looking kinda cheap.
    03-27-2018 08:23 AM
    Over time though it started looking kinda cheap.
    I can attest to this as well. And it looks pretty cartoony.

But now the new Samsungs, at least the S9+, has 6GB of RAM which helps a lot with stuttering and RAM management.

But overall, Apple does everything better. I'm on my iPhone X today and I think the display on that looks so much better than the S9+'s display, DisplayMate be damned.
    03-27-2018 08:32 AM
    The weird thing about that is when I got my iPhone X I still liked the UI. Didn't really give it another thought until the Note 8 was released. I was watching reviews and thought how bad it looked to me now. Maybe I just got used to iOS again. Or tired of Android, I don't really know. TBF to Samsung though, the S8+ was the longest I'd ever stuck to Android as a daily driver.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    03-27-2018 08:38 AM

But now the new Samsungs, at least the S9+, has 6GB of RAM which helps a lot with stuttering and RAM management.

But overall, Apple does everything better. I'm on my iPhone X today and I think the display on that looks so much better than the S9+'s display, DisplayMate be damned.
    Not really. Things do slow down to the extent one can notice in the iPhone X for sure, especially the animations which makes loading and switching apps slower.

While S9+ is new, the Note 8 is still the king and have had no issues with memory management or device getting slower/stutters etc., Sometimes I feel Note 8 is faster than iPhone X.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    03-27-2018 07:56 PM
    Not really. Things do slow down to the extent one can notice in the iPhone X for sure, especially the animations which makes loading and switching apps slower.

While S9+ is new, the Note 8 is still the king and have had no issues with memory management or device getting slower/stutters etc., Sometimes I feel Note 8 is faster than iPhone X.
    I'm surprised.

I used my iPhone X and S9+ side-by-side for comparison's sake and the S9+, even though it's more fluid than any other Samsung phone I've used before, including the Note 8, it still couldn't do as well as iOS. It experienced some drop in frame rates.

But everyone's mileage will vary, of course.
    03-27-2018 08:30 PM

I'm back on my iphone X today too! Ugh just can't leave it
    03-27-2018 09:06 PM

I can second that opinion. I have a Note 8 and used an iPhone X and 8 Plus. I’ve split time pretty evenly with all of them since October (November for the X) and the Note has not slowed down at all. Neither have the iPhones of course so I’m not saying the iPhones are slow by any means. They are smooth as can be but so is the Note and I feel like it’s faster as well but that’s really splitting hairs as they are all super quick.
    03-27-2018 09:42 PM
    You're just as bad as I am. Haha.
    03-27-2018 09:42 PM
    You're just as bad as I am. Haha.
    I don't think anybody is as bad as you are.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-28-2018 07:18 AM
    I don't think anybody is as bad as you are.
    Well, I know a few who are.
    msm0511 likes this.
    03-28-2018 08:32 AM
    I keep going back and forth as well. Love that big, beautiful, notchless display of the S9 +. In addition to that I like the size and feel of the S9+ better.

I love iMessage, camera, and compatibility with my Apple TVs and Homepod with the X.

Love Android Auto. Hate Carplay/Apple Maps. Love Android notifications. Hate hate hate iOS' garbage notication implementation. I need to sell off one of these devices to stop driving myself crazy switching my SIM back and forth.
    03-29-2018 08:26 PM
    I keep going back and forth as well. Love that big, beautiful, notchless display of the S9 +. In addition to that I like the size and feel of the S9+ better.

I love iMessage, camera, and compatibility with my Apple TVs and Homepod with the X.

Love Android Auto. Hate Carplay/Apple Maps. I need to sell off one of these devices to stop driving myself crazy switching my SIM back and forth.
    Yup. I am selling my pixel 2 XL....I just can't sacrifice the cohesiveness with ios. My whole family and about 98% of friends and coworkers use ios. I do like using Android devices more but the iPhone is the best device for my needs.
    03-29-2018 08:29 PM
    I use iPhones as my main phone but occasionally pick up a android to play with, but usually just to flip for some play/tech money, just bought/sold a note 8 for $170 profit, nice phone but don't like the curved edges and was too tall. Can get a new sealed 9S plus today with 2 cases worth $100 for $400 below retail, but would probably only flip for $50 profit once used for a few days, not sure its worth the hassle.
    03-29-2018 08:45 PM
    Yup. I am selling my pixel 2 XL....I just can't sacrifice the cohesiveness with ios. My whole family and about 98% of friends and coworkers use ios. I do like using Android devices more but the iPhone is the best device for my needs.
    Totally understandable decision. That's why I probably won't get rid of my X. However I can't get rid of my Pixel 2XL because of that camera. Looks like the S9+ may be the odd man out. I love the device overall. Display is my favorite on any device. Love the design and how it looks versus the silly looking notch of the X and still too big bezels of the Pixel. However the camera isn't living up to the hype in my experience and that's a really important part of the equation for me. A software update may fix it but I'm not going to keep a near $1k phone past the return period on a hope that it will be fixed.
    03-30-2018 09:15 AM
    Totally understandable decision. That's why I probably won't get rid of my X. However I can't get rid of my Pixel 2XL because of that camera. Looks like the S9+ may be the odd man out. I love the device overall. Display is my favorite on any device. Love the design and how it looks versus the silly looking notch of the X and still too big bezels of the Pixel. However the camera isn't living up to the hype in my experience and that's a really important part of the equation for me. A software update may fix it but I'm not going to keep a near $1k phone past the return period on a hope that it will be fixed.
    The only reason I was forcing myself to use the pixel was because of that ridiculous camera! It is really something else and it puts every other smartphone camera to shame, including the X. The portrait mode is where it shines most....however I can't keep it just for pictures it isn't worth that much to me. The X camera is good, but needs a lot more perfecting with the portrait mode, hopefully software can help that like you said.
    03-30-2018 09:25 AM
    I was looking seriously at going back to Android(had a Note 4 before heading to ios) for either the Pixel 2 XL or the s9+. But with the wife and daughter on iPhones and my daughter not liking Android, since she upgraded to the X(a birthday present), I decided to do the same.

I will say, after using ithe X now for a few days, it's a nice change with the ease of facial recognition but over all I am Meh on the change over(had a 7+)

I am in a two week window for returning it but the beside the unification with the wife and daughter under ios, there's also no annual upgrade path on Verizon for any of the Android phones. I know I can pay off my old iPhone and buy via Samsung, but coughing up $400 isn't a grand idea(I had a 7+ so only $200 credit).

I'll probably go with the X I just got for another year and wait to see what the Note 9 brings.
    To follow up, I ended up returning the X for a Galaxy s9+.

I just felt like I was taking a step back with the X with regard to video size and the lack of a zoom mode for the UI. I really didn't feel like the X was anything all that special, especially for the price(I had gotten the 256gb version).

I liked the face ID but it wasn't perfect. In fact in the daytime, I feel like I get better and faster results from the s9+'s combination of retina/face ID. And if it doesn't work, I always have the fingerprint scanner to fall back on. With the X I had times where I'd have to maneuver the thing around for an unlock. In the dark though, the s9+ doesn't work well with the retina/face id, whereas the X did work ok.

Anyway, I came from a Note 4 prior to iOS with the 6s+ so I know what I'm getting into. I will say, I forgot just how much customization there is in Android and how constrained you are in iOS. I also love it's got an SD card slot and headphone jack.

The rest of the family remains on iPhones but I have managed to get a family calendar integrated between us as well as some other things. So the integration factor I was worried about, isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I figure when Apple get the X right in an iteration or two, I'll take another look.
    cwbcpa and Smply_Rckless like this.
    03-30-2018 12:10 PM
    I feel like this thread is one big AA meeting or support group.

Hi. My name is Andrew and I'm a serial phone switcher. Popkurn and I have been going back and forth through some PMs about this stuff. So she knows how messed up I am and how much time I spend fretting over what I'm using or going to use.

Currently I'm on an iX 256gb. I honestly think it's a fantastic phone. But I do not think it is in any way even remotely close to worth it for the price I paid. There are so many little annoying things about it - I just can't put my finger on it as to what I don't like. But I know I don't really want to keep it. So then I look into what else I would use on iOS and I feel like I'd be using the same thing I've been using for years, just with a little bit more lipstick on it.

So to turn away from iOS would be to leave behind iMessage, which isn't the biggest deal in the world, as my whole family uses Google Photos or Facebook Messenger. But it is still an inconvenience. And that leaves me with two options: the Pixel 2 XL or S9 Plus. There really isn't anything else I'd use.

The S9 Plus seems to be a good compromise for me as to what it offers, and the only thing it's missing would be quick updates. The Pixel 2 XL has those updates, but is missing wireless charging and SD card support.

Decisions! Decisions!

***As a side note, I've been in Disney World for the past week and the X has worked just fine. But man it seems like 99% of people have an iPhone. And I'm weird - it turns me off. I hate feeling like a sheep. I like to be a little bit different. And I feel like I'm just one of the flock with this phone.

P.S. I hate the Notch
    Last edited by Wildo6882; 03-30-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    popkurn611, aggie and libra89 like this.
    03-30-2018 04:42 PM
    A lot of people double-dab .
    I do. I like both platforms for different reasons. Can't bring myself to pick. Will say people on this forum are less prone to call names if you post you're leaving for the other side lol
    03-30-2018 05:33 PM
    I feel like this thread is one big AA meeting or support group.

Hi. My name is Andrew and I'm a serial phone switcher. Popkurn and I have been going back and forth through some PMs about this stuff. So she knows how messed up I am and how much time I spend fretting over what I'm using or going to use.

Currently I'm on an iX 256gb. I honestly think it's a fantastic phone. But I do not think it is in any way even remotely close to worth it for the price I paid. There are so many little annoying things about it - I just can't put my finger on it as to what I don't like. But I know I don't really want to keep it. So then I look into what else I would use on iOS and I feel like I'd be using the same thing I've been using for years, just with a little bit more lipstick on it.

So to turn away from iOS would be to leave behind iMessage, which isn't the biggest deal in the world, as my whole family uses Google Photos or Facebook Messenger. But it is still an inconvenience. And that leaves me with two options: the Pixel 2 XL or S9 Plus. There really isn't anything else I'd use.

The S9 Plus seems to be a good compromise for me as to what it offers, and the only thing it's missing would be quick updates. The Pixel 2 XL has those updates, but is missing wireless charging and SD card support.

Decisions! Decisions!

***As a side note, I've been in Disney World for the past week and the X has worked just fine. But man it seems like 99% of people have an iPhone. And I'm weird - it turns me off. I hate feeling like a sheep. I like to be a little bit different. And I feel like I'm just one of the flock with this phone.

P.S. I hate the Notch
    What about the Xperia XZ2? It'll be out soon. I'm more interested in it than either the Pixel or S9.
    03-30-2018 07:56 PM
    What about the Xperia XZ2? It'll be out soon. I'm more interested in it than either the Pixel or S9.
    When does that come out? I saw a little about it a few weeks ago and then nothing.
    03-30-2018 08:08 PM
    When does that come out? I saw a little about it a few weeks ago and then nothing.
    April 5th in Europe. BHPhoto has it up for preorder in the US, so it can’t be much longer. Amazon has the international variant already.
    03-30-2018 08:10 PM
    April 5th in Europe. BHPhoto has it up for preorder in the US, so it can’t be much longer. Amazon has the international variant already.
    I'll have to check it out at B&H.
    03-30-2018 08:12 PM
    I haven't sold my iPhone X yet, for whatever reason I can't part ways as of right now, but I've decided to go back to Android and got the pixel 2 XL. I got one back in November and couldn't stand the blue shift, but I loved the phones software and the build quality. I think the industrial/unique look of the pixel never gets old...nothing quite looks like it.

I finally don't feel locked into that iOS ecosystem that I always am afraid to let go of due to all family and friends using it, and I'm enjoying what I want to use. The cohesiveness of iOS is great, but there is a ton of room for improvement. The notifications are atrocious and I actually had to Google how to power down my X. Did you know it takes 4 steps to shut off an iPhone X? Volume up, volume down, lock button, slide to power off. But wait, I though the iPhone "just works" and is so easy to use? I'm playing devil's advocate here but some things really bother me with iOS and until it becomes more polished, I think I'm sticking to my Pixel 2 XL
    You just need to hold the volume up button and the side button at the same time then slide the power off. No need to press the volume down. So 2 steps not 4
    03-30-2018 10:05 PM
90 1234