So was my wallet.
    Lol and what about the rumored “blush gold” iPhone X? Will that tempt you to come back sooner? I hope

Sold both my iPhone Xs-img_0203.jpg
    Last edited by Seneca09; 03-21-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-21-2018 03:01 PM
    Lol and what about the rumored “blush gold” iPhone X? Will that tempt you to come back sooner? I hope

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0203.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	122684
    Might as well call it “iPhone X Nude” based on the pics. I’m sure it’ll look better in real life if the rumor holds true.
    Seneca09 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    03-21-2018 03:40 PM
    ...but still have my 6 Plus. After having iPhones as daily drivers for over a year the Note 8 and S9+ called me and I couldn't resist.

Perhaps I'll be back in the Fall if there's a larger X but for now I still have my newish 6Plus and SE.
    I have the s9+ too. Love it. But I didn't sell my X. I'll keep it. I love both phones and both will serve a purpose for me. But man, this screen on the s9+ is so gorgeous.
    03-21-2018 05:24 PM
    Wow...I step away for a little while to move & this is the first post that popped up in my feed lol!! The S9 looks like an amazing device. I was looking at one in Best Buy the other day. Have fun with your new devices & keep us posted on how you like them
    RaRa85, tadpoles and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-21-2018 06:52 PM
    Good for you. Hope to see you still on the Apple side of things of course )
    03-21-2018 10:29 PM
    Pretty much what I used to do everytime a new phone came out I usually upgraded to the latest flagship, on the iPhone side I do it annually but have swapped during the year for other reasons.
    03-23-2018 03:58 PM
    ...but still have my 6 Plus. After having iPhones as daily drivers for over a year the Note 8 and S9+ called me and I couldn't resist.

Perhaps I'll be back in the Fall if there's a larger X but for now I still have my newish 6Plus and SE.
    I'm doing the opposite. I've had the S9+ for a few days now and I'll be returning it and keeping my X. The S9+ wasn't much different from the S8+ and the Note 8. Using the Samsung device made me realize how much better the X is when compared to Samsung Experience. Plus, I value timely software updates.
    ladyc0524 and Seneca09 like this.
    03-23-2018 06:24 PM
    this screen on the s9+ is so gorgeous.
    I think the display on the X looks better. It's clearer and crisper and the colors are calibrated. I guess I can't stand the Samsung saturation anymore. Yes, I know it can be turned down, but the it looks drab. And the display on the S9+ looks way too cool. I prefer the warmness of the X's display.

Opinions differ, of course.
    Seneca09 and Annie_8plus like this.
    03-23-2018 06:26 PM
    I think the display on the X looks better. It's clearer and crisper and the colors are calibrated. I guess I can't stand the Samsung saturation anymore. Yes, I know it can be turned down, but the it looks drab. And the display on the S9+ looks way too cool. I prefer the warmness of the X's display.

Opinions differ, of course.
    I completely disagree. First the pixels per inch on the Samsung is higher which would mean a sharper screen. Me personally, I like the saturation better than the iPhone X.
    03-23-2018 06:55 PM
    I'm doing the opposite. I've had the S9+ for a few days now and I'll be returning it and keeping my X. The S9+ wasn't much different from the S8+ and the Note 8. Using the Samsung device made me realize how much better the X is when compared to Samsung Experience. Plus, I value timely software updates.
    I have to agree with you. Since this is the first Samsung flagship I've owned (I did have a Galaxy Nexus, but I consider that a Google phone), I'll likely hang onto it -- though I do keep considering trading for the S9 rather than the Plus. I'll add that I really don't care for the curved screen; I get glare on the edges and the touch sensitivity isn't very good on the edge.
    03-23-2018 07:17 PM
    I completely disagree. First the pixels per inch on the Samsung is higher which would mean a sharper screen. Me personally, I like the saturation better than the iPhone X.
    The saturation looks cartoony to me. I don't like it. And pixels per inch doesn't necessarily make the display better. My iPhone X's screen looks sharper than the display on the S9+. I don't know what Apple did to the X's display, but it just looks better to my eyes.
    03-24-2018 10:59 AM
    I have to agree with you. Since this is the first Samsung flagship I've owned (I did have a Galaxy Nexus, but I consider that a Google phone), I'll likely hang onto it -- though I do keep considering trading for the S9 rather than the Plus. I'll add that I really don't care for the curved screen; I get glare on the edges and the touch sensitivity isn't very good on the edge.
    I really hate curved displays. I don't know why Samsung decided to make them a thing. Sure, it looks good but it's not functional. I enjoyed the experience on the S8 Active more than I did on the S8+ just because the Active had a flat display.
    mogelijk likes this.
    03-24-2018 11:00 AM
    The saturation looks cartoony to me. I don't like it. And pixels per inch doesn't necessarily make the display better. My iPhone X's screen looks sharper than the display on the S9+. I don't know what Apple did to the X's display, but it just looks better to my eyes.
    Once again, I completely disagree. But it’s your eyes and you have the right to your own opinion.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    03-24-2018 11:48 AM
    I was looking seriously at going back to Android(had a Note 4 before heading to ios) for either the Pixel 2 XL or the s9+. But with the wife and daughter on iPhones and my daughter not liking Android, since she upgraded to the X(a birthday present), I decided to do the same.

I will say, after using ithe X now for a few days, it's a nice change with the ease of facial recognition but over all I am Meh on the change over(had a 7+)

I am in a two week window for returning it but the beside the unification with the wife and daughter under ios, there's also no annual upgrade path on Verizon for any of the Android phones. I know I can pay off my old iPhone and buy via Samsung, but coughing up $400 isn't a grand idea(I had a 7+ so only $200 credit).

I'll probably go with the X I just got for another year and wait to see what the Note 9 brings.
    03-24-2018 02:28 PM
    I'll likely hang onto it
    I actually decided to keep the S9+, although I exchanged the black one for a blue one. I'm heading to Rocky Mountain National Park in a couple of weeks and I want the amazing cameras to record my trip!
    mogelijk likes this.
    03-26-2018 03:27 PM
    I haven't sold my iPhone X yet, for whatever reason I can't part ways as of right now, but I've decided to go back to Android and got the pixel 2 XL. I got one back in November and couldn't stand the blue shift, but I loved the phones software and the build quality. I think the industrial/unique look of the pixel never gets old...nothing quite looks like it.

I finally don't feel locked into that iOS ecosystem that I always am afraid to let go of due to all family and friends using it, and I'm enjoying what I want to use. The cohesiveness of iOS is great, but there is a ton of room for improvement. The notifications are atrocious and I actually had to Google how to power down my X. Did you know it takes 4 steps to shut off an iPhone X? Volume up, volume down, lock button, slide to power off. But wait, I though the iPhone "just works" and is so easy to use? I'm playing devil's advocate here but some things really bother me with iOS and until it becomes more polished, I think I'm sticking to my Pixel 2 XL
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-26-2018 08:01 PM
    I think I'm sticking to my Pixel 2 XL
    I sold mine to another Mobile Nation's member and I kinda regret it. Oh well. The S9+ is my consolation prize.
    03-26-2018 08:30 PM
    I sold mine to another Mobile Nation's member and I kinda regret it. Oh well. The S9+ is my consolation prize.
    I had it for 2 days and went to go prep it for sale and slept on it...glad I did, cancelled my listing. I would love to sell my X but I for whatever reason can't let it go, I know I'll regret it down the road if iOS 12 really is what they claim it will be.

I personally told myself after I owned the S7 edge that I'd never ever buy a Samsung again and I have stood behind it. Their phones are nice but that's about it for me.
    03-26-2018 08:35 PM
    I had it for 2 days and went to go prep it for sale and slept on it...glad I did, cancelled my listing. I would love to sell my X but I for whatever reason can't let it go, I know I'll regret it down the road if iOS 12 really is what they claim it will be.

I personally told myself after I owned the S7 edge that I'd never ever buy a Samsung again and I have stood behind it. Their phones are nice but that's about it for me.
    I'm holding onto my X just because I have an AppleTV 4K and I do plan on getting the Apple Watch Series 3 sometime soon.

But my daily driver is my S9+ right now.
    03-26-2018 08:40 PM
    I'm holding onto my X just because I have an AppleTV 4K and I do plan on getting the Apple Watch Series 3 sometime soon.

But my daily driver is my S9+ right now.
    Am I the only one who hates the Apple watch? I was actually using an Android Wear watch with my iPhone and loved it. Now I can actually reply to texts with it since it's connected to my pixel
    03-26-2018 08:41 PM
    That is exactly why it's great that we have all the choices we do. I am LOVING the Samsung experience now whereas I had to try to convince myself to love my Xes. Variety is the spice of life.
    03-26-2018 09:13 PM
    What I love about the Samsung displays is that they're variable. I can change them to that razor sharp resolution or soften it up (which is actually rather nice). You can change the color balance, the white balance...basically you can tune it to your individual tastes at the moment and switch it up when your tastes change. Right now, I'm loving the flexibility that the S9+ and Note 8 offer but I still respect the refinement of iOS on the X.
    03-26-2018 09:18 PM
    Did you know it takes 4 steps to shut off an iPhone X? Volume up, volume down, lock button, slide to power off.
    Well, that’s just not true. Hold the sleep/wake and either of the power buttons at the same time (since they’re opposite each other, it’s merely a squeeze of the buttons) until the shut down slider shows up, slide to power off.

What you describe is the force restart sequence.

[edit] And that’s not even right. Force restart is press vol up, press vol down, hold sleep/wake until the phone restarts. There is no slider in that sequence.
    Last edited by doogald; 03-26-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    03-26-2018 09:22 PM
    Well, that’s just not true. Hold the sleep/wake and either of the power buttons (since they’re opposite each other, it’s merely a squeeze of the buttons) until the shut down slider shows up, slide to power off.

What you describe is the force restart sequence.
    The force restart you need to hold down the lock button, this was just a press. You mean either of the volume buttons?
    03-26-2018 09:30 PM
    Am I the only one who hates the Apple watch? I was actually using an Android Wear watch with my iPhone and loved it. Now I can actually reply to texts with it since it's connected to my pixel
    Apple watch is better than any Android watch...right now. If Google can come up with a great smartwatch, I'd stay on Android all the time. But right now, Apple makes the best smartwatches, IMO. I didn't care for any of Samsung's offerings (Gear S3, etc.)
    03-26-2018 11:32 PM
90 1234