I just got the iPhone X 64G and want to buy a car mount wireless charger but after having a look at Amazon, I still have no idea which one should I buy. Can you give some tips? Thx
    03-16-2018 02:11 AM
    My Prius actually comes with a wireless charger so I’m happy.
    03-16-2018 08:48 AM
    I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3050247

The iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount works great with the iPhone 8/8 Plus and Sammy S8+'s in our household. Comes complete with the appropriate charger and cable. The extendable arm and swivel lets you position it in many combinations. The fast charge is about 1/3 quicker than the standard Qi wireless chargers.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-16-2018 08:48 AM
    I just got the iPhone X 64G and want to buy a car mount wireless charger but after having a look at Amazon, I still have no idea which one should I buy. Can you give some tips? Thx
    Although a bit pricy, I highly recommend ProClip. You buy the mount for the car and the holder for the phone separately, so it fits very securely in your car and holds the phone perfectly.
    03-16-2018 01:28 PM
    I use this one right now

http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=N0ZJAzVH

Think it's great with a magnetic holder and a vent mount.
    03-16-2018 04:01 PM
    I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3050365

The iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount works great with the iPhone 8/8 Plus and Sammy S8+'s in our household. Comes complete with the appropriate charger and cable. The extendable arm and swivel lets you position it in many combinations. The fast charge is about 1/3 quicker than the standard Qi wireless chargers.
    Was terrible for me, slow to charge and fell off the dash twice, returned.

Although a bit pricy, I highly recommend ProClip. You buy the mount for the car and the holder for the phone separately, so it fits very securely in your car and holds the phone perfectly.
    I have used these since iPhone 5, only ones worth using imo, i drive a lot for work.
    03-16-2018 06:07 PM
    Was terrible for me, slow to charge and fell off the dash twice, returned.
    Wow. Mine has been rock solid since I installed it in November. It gives me a small positive charge with Google Maps running and streaming music from my device via BT to the car stereo.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-16-2018 07:10 PM
    Wow. Mine has been rock solid since I installed it in November. It gives me a small positive charge with Google Maps running and streaming music from my device via BT to the car stereo.
    It was more the falling off the dash, was over Summer, doesn't like the heat especially if parked in the sun. Australia

Also on our country roads that i travel a lot it was too wobbly, nothing beats the Brodit/ProClip very solid.
    03-16-2018 07:49 PM
    It was more the falling off the dash, was over Summer, doesn't like the heat especially if parked in the sun. Australia
    I'm in Canada, several months away from the summer heat, so I'll have to wait and see. Though before this one, I had the earlier, non-charging version and used it for several years.
    03-16-2018 08:14 PM
    I use the Spigen magnetic air vent mount.

Spigen Magnetic Car Mount Kuel QS11 Car Phone Mount Magnetic Air Vent Phone Holder Compatible with iPhone X / 8 / 8 plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 6S / 6S Plus / Galaxy Note 8 / S8 / S8 Plus / S7 Edge & More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMGFY5M...mUvbUpU3050483
    03-17-2018 06:50 AM
    In my previous vehicles, I used the an iOttie brand phone mount and have recommended them over the years....Heck, I still recommend them. My current car has its own phone storage place so I use it instead.
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-17-2018 08:21 AM
    My current car has its own phone storage place so I use it instead.
    That would be slick!
    03-17-2018 08:22 AM
    Another vote for iOttie, they are hard to beat for the price. Yes Proclips are great, but spendy $$$.
    Just_Me_D and calebt like this.
    03-17-2018 08:44 AM
    I use the Spigen magnetic air vent mount.

Spigen Magnetic Car Mount Kuel QS11 Car Phone Mount Magnetic Air Vent Phone Holder Compatible with iPhone X / 8 / 8 plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 6S / 6S Plus / Galaxy Note 8 / S8 / S8 Plus / S7 Edge & More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMGFY5M...mUvbUpU3050542
    If only it charged the phone too! Bummer.

I recently picked this one up and like it quite a bit:

Renbon Wireless Car Charger W5,Magnetic Car Wireless Charger Mount,Wireless Charging for iPhone X iPhone 8/8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note 8/S 8/S 8+/S 7/S 6 Edge+/Note 5 And All Q I-Enabled Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07795K45G...mUvbUpU3050542

The only downside is that my phone has come off a few times on extremely bumpy roads. I’m using a leather case though which I’m sure doesn’t help.
    03-17-2018 02:00 PM
    I like some of the ones that charge as well but don’t care for how they mount. I prefer vent mounted or CD slot mounted since I don’t use CDs
    w00cash1020 and calebt like this.
    03-17-2018 02:10 PM
    Another vote for iOttie, they are hard to beat for the price. Yes Proclips are great, but spendy $$$.
    OTOH, it depends on how you look at it. How much is it worth it to you to feel secure that your phone holder won't lose its "grip" and dump your iPhone X to the floor of your car? People here happily pay $50 or more for a case for their iPhone, even though you can find cases $10 or less on Amazon and elsewhere. Yet I don't see complaints about how a Lifeproof, UAG, or Spigen case is "too expensive," much less Apples own cases. So I'm not sure I understand why the more secure, and easier to use, option is being criticized for being "spendy?"
    03-17-2018 07:05 PM
    I like some of the ones that charge as well but don’t care for how they mount. I prefer vent mounted or CD slot mounted since I don’t use CDs
    The one I linked to above vent mounts. Good craftsmanship too!
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-17-2018 07:44 PM
    The one I linked to above vent mounts. Good craftsmanship too!
    I should’ve looked at all the pics lol
    03-17-2018 08:57 PM
    OTOH, it depends on how you look at it. How much is it worth it to you to feel secure that your phone holder won't lose its "grip" and dump your iPhone X to the floor of your car? People here happily pay $50 or more for a case for their iPhone, even though you can find cases $10 or less on Amazon and elsewhere. Yet I don't see complaints about how a Lifeproof, UAG, or Spigen case is "too expensive," much less Apples own cases. So I'm not sure I understand why the more secure, and easier to use, option is being criticized for being "spendy?"
    I’ve used the iOttie 2 going on 3 years now daily. I’ve not had one mishap in that time. I paid about $20 bucks on sale at amazon, not a $100 +. It not only works my current phone but the 3 other iPhones I’ve had plus about 4 different models of Androids in whatever cases they’ve been in. I believe the Proclip holder is more device specific and less forgiving to multiple device/case combinations ...
    03-17-2018 10:50 PM
    I’ve used the iOttie 2 going on 3 years now daily. I’ve not had one mishap in that time. I paid about $20 bucks on sale at amazon, not a $100 +. It not only works my current phone but the 3 other iPhones I’ve had plus about 4 different models of Androids in whatever cases they’ve been in. I believe the Proclip holder is more device specific and less forgiving to multiple device/case combinations ...
    I think it is great it has worked for you, and I'm not trying to be critical of you or anyone that uses it. I've tried an iOttie mount (among others) before and did not find it stuck reliably -- I think it initially worked for a couple of months but, once we got fully into the heat of summer, it no longer would reliably stay connected. In fact, typically it would drop off within 30 minutes or so.

Initially, I paid $65 for my ProClip -- using one of the discount codes they seem to frequently have. I used that device mount for three different phones, 1 Android and 2 iPhones. After I bought the iPhone X, I continued to use that mount for a short time -- though the iPhone X was technically just a bit too small. So I purchased a new device mount for the X, paying $36 (again, using a discount code). I suspect I won't ever need to buy another device holder; if I get an "X Plus" phone then the old holder will work and I doubt I'll ever get anything smaller than the X. I also have an Android phone that fits in the iPhone X holder. Of course, I got the model without charging -- since there is nothing anywhere close to the charging port, I can always push in a lightning cable (or USB-C for my Android) and charge the phone as needed.

I recommend the ProClip because the system works really well. I drop the phone in, at that point (at least on my car and the mount I chose) it is in a great position where I can see the phone and even get it to unlock using FaceID. It holds the phone securely and I have no doubt it would continue to hold the phone if I were to be in a crash. And the price is no more than I'd pay for the case of a single phone -- and I've used it for multiple phones.

But this is one of the things I love about Apple phones -- there is a ton of choice when it comes to accessories. Some people love the $10 cases, and the cases work really well for them. Other people want a more expensive case or a more expensive mount, and it is great they can get what they want.
    cyberpaw and Cladster like this.
    03-18-2018 01:11 AM
    I am still using my proclip adjustable from my iPhone 7 and fits the X.

Twice over summer I went for a surf got in my car and the phone and the iottie wireless holder was on the floor, lucky phone survived. Wobbled around like a rag doll too.
    Returned it after that.

Edit, Also I get 5 years out of my proclip base as I change cars then, the holders if you get the adjustable will suit different size phones, my 7 size also fitted a 6s plus too.
    Last edited by Cladster; 03-18-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    03-18-2018 03:55 AM
    Have the proclip adjustable in both cars for about 4 years now. In general I am happy with it, but would be nice if it mounted a little higher. The one car now has CarPlay so it isn't a big deal, but the other is kind of low to use for navigation. Was thinking of getting the CD mount iOttie for that car so it would be higher, and I never use the CD anyway. Wireless charging would also be nice.
    03-19-2018 03:08 PM
    Have the proclip adjustable in both cars for about 4 years now. In general I am happy with it, but would be nice if it mounted a little higher. The one car now has CarPlay so it isn't a big deal, but the other is kind of low to use for navigation. Was thinking of getting the CD mount iOttie for that car so it would be higher, and I never use the CD anyway. Wireless charging would also be nice.
    I feel lucky as I had several choices with the Proclip for my model car and it sits perfectly, just below the top of the dash in the center.
    03-19-2018 08:26 PM
    Yeah my truck has many options, some of which are higher, but that is the vehicle with CarPlay now. The care only has lower mounting options, on on the left side of the console near the shifter, and the other on the right. Neither is high enough in my opinion. That is why I am thinking about a CD slot mount. I will have to see if ProClip has a universal CD slot mount that the phone holder can be attached to.
    03-20-2018 03:08 PM
    Pro clip doesn’t make one with the built in wireless charger but i can attest that they make the best mounts that i personally have ever used.
    03-20-2018 04:38 PM