What kind of car mount wireless charger you use in car for the iPhone X/8/8P? And Why?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I am still using my proclip adjustable from my iPhone 7 and fits the X.

Twice over summer I went for a surf got in my car and the phone and the iottie wireless holder was on the floor, lucky phone survived. Wobbled around like a rag doll too.
Returned it after that.

Edit, Also I get 5 years out of my proclip base as I change cars then, the holders if you get the adjustable will suit different size phones, my 7 size also fitted a 6s plus too.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Have the proclip adjustable in both cars for about 4 years now. In general I am happy with it, but would be nice if it mounted a little higher. The one car now has CarPlay so it isn't a big deal, but the other is kind of low to use for navigation. Was thinking of getting the CD mount iOttie for that car so it would be higher, and I never use the CD anyway. Wireless charging would also be nice.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Have the proclip adjustable in both cars for about 4 years now. In general I am happy with it, but would be nice if it mounted a little higher. The one car now has CarPlay so it isn't a big deal, but the other is kind of low to use for navigation. Was thinking of getting the CD mount iOttie for that car so it would be higher, and I never use the CD anyway. Wireless charging would also be nice.

I feel lucky as I had several choices with the Proclip for my model car and it sits perfectly, just below the top of the dash in the center.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah my truck has many options, some of which are higher, but that is the vehicle with CarPlay now. The care only has lower mounting options, on on the left side of the console near the shifter, and the other on the right. Neither is high enough in my opinion. That is why I am thinking about a CD slot mount. I will have to see if ProClip has a universal CD slot mount that the phone holder can be attached to.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Pro clip doesn’t make one with the built in wireless charger but i can attest that they make the best mounts that i personally have ever used.

ThrowinRocks

Jul 1, 2018
Visit site
I purchased 2 cheap ones and cracked them open then hot glued them under the tray that sits below my A/C controls and wired it in for power on my Frontier. Toss it in the tray while I drive and done. It's connected to my infotainment system so it's all hands free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner