I was using Apple map navigation this morning and the screen goes blank after 30 seconds while it’s in the map. Shouldn’t the screen stay on while I’m navigation mode?

How do I stop the screen from going blank??

In android or windows phone regardless of my setting for screen lock (30 seconds , 1 min etc) if I’m in map navigation, screen stays on till the map is on. This seems like a basic feature. Can’t we have the same in iOS??
    03-14-2018 03:17 PM
    I guess no one has ever used Apple Maps for more than thirty seconds before. ;-) Maybe better to try a different app, such as Google Maps or Here.
    03-14-2018 03:58 PM
    We use Apple Maps all the time, and have no such issue!
    03-14-2018 04:33 PM
    I've had something similar, though I've typically shutoff the screen first. Typically when using navigation, I don't feel a need to see the screen all the time so I've hit the power button to "turn off" the phone. The phone screen comes back on a couple of minutes before any turns.

I believe, from my rather mild usage, that if the phone has become locked (the screen is turned off) after starting navigation, then it will turn off like that between turns; but if you start navigation and keep the phone on, then navigation will normally keep the phone on.
    03-14-2018 08:17 PM
    Ok. I’ll try that again. Last time when I got in the car I told Siri to navigate to a place and threats when the screen kept going blank. Next time I’ll unlock the phone and then ask Siri or type in the address in maps and see what happens
    03-14-2018 08:32 PM
    I just used apple maps twice yesterday to find some clients addresses and never had any such issue, I have also found myself using apple maps more then the Google version lately.
    03-15-2018 06:39 AM
    Ok. I’ll try that again. Last time when I got in the car I told Siri to navigate to a place and threats when the screen kept going blank. Next time I’ll unlock the phone and then ask Siri or type in the address in maps and see what happens
    Yes, I seem to recall something similar. Not sure if I used Siri once but I know that I used my watch to navigate home -- and those times the screen turned off. I think in one case (when I used Siri?) I had to unlock the phone to finish setting up navigation, and it still turned off between turns.
    03-15-2018 11:24 PM