Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Would any of you able to live with that? I am trying to live with it... Can you live with it if your X had a tiny spec or lint or dust behind protector?
I could easily live with a “tiny spec, lint or dust behind the protector”. I’m not OCD like that! With that being said, I don’t put a screen protector or even a case on my iPhone. If dirt, dust, lint or even water get on my device, I can quickly wipe it off.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I could easily live with a “tiny spec, lint or dust behind the protector”. I’m not OCD like that! With that being said, I don’t put a screen protector or even a case on my iPhone. If dirt, dust, lint or even water get on my device, I can quickly wipe it off.

Yea most likely I am heading to that route of not having a Screen Protector, through I do intend to use a case, I got the otterbox Strada folio case... But for now I keep the SP on until I really get tire of it and just just no SP.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
ea most likely I am heading to that route of not having a Screen Protector, through I do intend to use a case, I got the otterbox Strada folio case... But for now I keep the SP on until I really get tire of it and just just no SP.

My son has that case with a 8, still cracked the SP with a drop, saved the phone though.

For me i wouldn't bother with a SP with that case, but i am not a dropper.

The iCarez are cheap on Amazon for a 2 pack, best ever SP especially for X.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I agree with what everyone else has said. Go to the Apple Store and get a Belkin screen protector. The Apple Store employees will install it with this fancy little machine and it's a perfect install every time, no dust, no dirt. And if there is dust, they remove it and put on another one with no extra charge (happened to me today).

Roguefoxx

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I agree with what everyone else has said. Go to the Apple Store and get a Belkin screen protector. The Apple Store employees will install it with this fancy little machine and it's a perfect install every time, no dust, no dirt. And if there is dust, they remove it and put on another one with no extra charge (happened to me today).
This... works every time. From my experience the Apple store employees will not let you leave without a perfect install.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

That would be a 6 hour drive each way for me to do that.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
That would be a 6 hour drive each way for me to do that.

Same here. By the time I found out I had lint after apple installed it, it was too late. I don’t like to be like staring at the phone looking for a spec of dust or lint in front of them it will make me look like a fool and be taking there time. So even those machines aren’t perfect.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My son has that case with a 8, still cracked the SP with a drop, saved the phone though.

For me i wouldn't bother with a SP with that case, but i am not a dropper.

The iCarez are cheap on Amazon for a 2 pack, best ever SP especially for X.

I’m not a dropper either. Never have I dropped a phone in my life (knock on wood) been always careful with them and where I put it. I mostly put a SP for habit reasons seeing the phone without one was weird I didn’t use a SP on my X for a about two weeks and it felt weird without a SP. But even its a habit I have a OCD issue with it jajaja just when locking doors I have to check like so many times. I’m actually loving the case so far and how it has a lip and well the cover protects the screen maybe by time passes I’ll take off the SP.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same here. By the time I found out I had lint after apple installed it, it was too late. I don’t like to be like staring at the phone looking for a spec of dust or lint in front of them it will make me look like a fool and be taking there time. So even those machines aren’t perfect.

When they did mine and wife’s, I closely inspected both. I don’t care. At that price, I’m not leaving unless it’s perfect. And both were perfect. The chance for any error the way the do it is very slim. And if they have a piece of lint, they will redo it no questions asked.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I hate dust or air bubbles under screen protectors and I hate the rainbow effect that can go down the side of the protector isn’t aligned properly. For those reasons, I stopped using screen protectors a couple years ago and I couldn’t be happier. Several drops and no cracks or scratches later, I don’t regret my decision.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice