Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
One of the reasons I don’t use a screen protector is because it would drive me insane if it weren’t perfect. I’d rather deal with the added risk of not using one.
It’s also worth noting that I’ve never used a screen protector and have never damaged a screen.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
One of the reasons I don’t use a screen protector is because it would drive me insane if it weren’t perfect. I’d rather deal with the added risk of not using one.
It’s also worth noting that I’ve never used a screen protector and have never damaged a screen.

I went for a while without one for about two weeks I do have apple care + for it. But just wasn’t comfortable maybe cause in my years all my phones I had SP on it. Its just that this time the SP that I have installed and/or professionals haven’t been perfect at all never had this kind of problem all my SP installs from iphone 4 to 7 plus have always been perfect on first install, on my 7 plus I did have to install it twice in best buy due to too many dust and lint but never have I gone through 10+ installs... The one I have has been particularly almost the best install since I got the X in November... Through in the 7 Plus i had dusts in the edges but it didn’t bother me cause it was in the bezel area, but like X is edge to edge display with so little bezels so you can still see in the corner and my Ocd kicks in. I’m hoping by time passes my OCD can go away and just forget about it and move on. Just wanted to see what you guys would do or help me in moving on. Hopefully in couple of months or year I can remove it and go without a SP.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have honestly come to the conclusion that if there is a spec of dust to leave it be. If it's not in the center of the screen, even better.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yea I’m happy its not in the center.

My line of thinking also comes from this: I have grown into the habit of buying 2 screen protectors at once. 1 goes into immediate use, and the other as a backup in case something happens. Once I use the backup, I will order 1 or 2 more (depending on how close I am to possibly upgrading). The first time I tried getting the 'perfect' application I wound up using the spare trying to get a 'better' application. That stopped quite quickly when the 2nd turned out the same as the first.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My line of thinking also comes from this: I have grown into the habit of buying 2 screen protectors at once. 1 goes into immediate use, and the other as a backup in case something happens. Once I use the backup, I will order 1 or 2 more (depending on how close I am to possibly upgrading). The first time I tried getting the 'perfect' application I wound up using the spare trying to get a 'better' application. That stopped quite quickly when the 2nd turned out the same as the first.

Yea I was the same, I have gone through so many SP for first time in any iPhone I’ve owned.. in iPhone 7 plus I had specs in one corner of the phone but like it was on the bezel it didn’t bother me and left it for entire year. But like the X is edge to edge well there isn’t so much a bezel to be able to ignore the spec, I’m hoping by time moves on I’ll just live with it like I did with the 7 Plus. It’s just with my anxiety (OCD) i feel like my iPhone is dirty or I’m only one with a spec on my phone. That’s why been asking what would you guys do, good thing some of you said you would leave which is helping calm my nerves. My iPad is full of dust behind the protector but for some reason my ocd does not kick in like it does on my iPhone lol.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yea I was the same, I have gone through so many SP for first time in any iPhone I’ve owned.. in iPhone 7 plus I had specs in one corner of the phone but like it was on the bezel it didn’t bother me and left it for entire year. But like the X is edge to edge well there isn’t so much a bezel to be able to ignore the spec, I’m hoping by time moves on I’ll just live with it like I did with the 7 Plus. It’s just with my anxiety (OCD) i feel like my iPhone is dirty or I’m only one with a spec on my phone. That’s why been asking what would you guys do, good thing some of you said you would leave which is helping calm my nerves. My iPad is full of dust behind the protector but for some reason my ocd does not kick in like it does on my iPhone lol.

I’ll be honest. When you posted the pics I couldn’t see the lint or dust. Maybe it was the quality of the pic. But I couldn’t see anything.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I’ll be honest. When you posted the pics I couldn’t see the lint or dust. Maybe it was the quality of the pic. But I couldn’t see anything.

It's small but it's there where the corner has a bubble, probably quality of the picture sorry.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
It looks very minor. Not even in viewing area of the screen. If it bothers you, replace it again.

It is minor I'm asking what would you guys do, I don't want to replace it, because like I mentioned before I have gone through roughly 15 of them already and just wanted an opinion what some might do if they had that.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It is minor I'm asking what would you guys do, I don't want to replace it, because like I mentioned before I have gone through roughly 15 of them already and just wanted an opinion what some might do if they had that.

15? I’d leave it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok I'm OCD myself, BUT that one I might be able to live with. Often you will see dust gather around the edges of the screen protector, THAT I generally live with or try to clean with just alcohol. But if the spec is in the viewing area, THAT bothers me and I will change it. :)

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok I'm OCD myself, BUT that one I might be able to live with. Often you will see dust gather around the edges of the screen protector, THAT I generally live with or try to clean with just alcohol. But if the spec is in the viewing area, THAT bothers me and I will change it. :)

Yea if it was in the viewing area of the screen I would of taken it off already, but it's in the corner and well won't be going crazy just trying to fight the ocd and just live with it..

Last edited:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I switch mine out every couple months, just to have a new finish. But I have never had a issue with dust. As mentioned above use a hot shower, it will drop everything in the air.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I switch mine out every couple months, just to have a new finish. But I have never had a issue with dust. As mentioned above use a hot shower, it will drop everything in the air.

Which brand are you using? That was the problem I had with Spigen. Had to change out every 4-6 weeks. It doesn’t seem I’ll have to with the new belkin model Apple is selling.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Tried it twice and both times there were lint.. Guess I don't have luck on this phone lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro