My line of thinking also comes from this: I have grown into the habit of buying 2 screen protectors at once. 1 goes into immediate use, and the other as a backup in case something happens. Once I use the backup, I will order 1 or 2 more (depending on how close I am to possibly upgrading). The first time I tried getting the 'perfect' application I wound up using the spare trying to get a 'better' application. That stopped quite quickly when the 2nd turned out the same as the first.
    Yea I was the same, I have gone through so many SP for first time in any iPhone I’ve owned.. in iPhone 7 plus I had specs in one corner of the phone but like it was on the bezel it didn’t bother me and left it for entire year. But like the X is edge to edge well there isn’t so much a bezel to be able to ignore the spec, I’m hoping by time moves on I’ll just live with it like I did with the 7 Plus. It’s just with my anxiety (OCD) i feel like my iPhone is dirty or I’m only one with a spec on my phone. That’s why been asking what would you guys do, good thing some of you said you would leave which is helping calm my nerves. My iPad is full of dust behind the protector but for some reason my ocd does not kick in like it does on my iPhone lol.
    03-15-2018 11:06 AM
    Yea I was the same, I have gone through so many SP for first time in any iPhone I’ve owned.. in iPhone 7 plus I had specs in one corner of the phone but like it was on the bezel it didn’t bother me and left it for entire year. But like the X is edge to edge well there isn’t so much a bezel to be able to ignore the spec, I’m hoping by time moves on I’ll just live with it like I did with the 7 Plus. It’s just with my anxiety (OCD) i feel like my iPhone is dirty or I’m only one with a spec on my phone. That’s why been asking what would you guys do, good thing some of you said you would leave which is helping calm my nerves. My iPad is full of dust behind the protector but for some reason my ocd does not kick in like it does on my iPhone lol.
    I’ll be honest. When you posted the pics I couldn’t see the lint or dust. Maybe it was the quality of the pic. But I couldn’t see anything.
    03-15-2018 11:17 AM
    I’ll be honest. When you posted the pics I couldn’t see the lint or dust. Maybe it was the quality of the pic. But I couldn’t see anything.
    It's small but it's there where the corner has a bubble, probably quality of the picture sorry.
    03-15-2018 11:20 AM
    Opinion-x_li.jpg
    03-15-2018 11:23 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X_LI.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	122616
    It looks very minor. Not even in viewing area of the screen. If it bothers you, replace it again.
    03-15-2018 11:49 AM
    It looks very minor. Not even in viewing area of the screen. If it bothers you, replace it again.
    It is minor I'm asking what would you guys do, I don't want to replace it, because like I mentioned before I have gone through roughly 15 of them already and just wanted an opinion what some might do if they had that.
    03-15-2018 11:53 AM
    It is minor I'm asking what would you guys do, I don't want to replace it, because like I mentioned before I have gone through roughly 15 of them already and just wanted an opinion what some might do if they had that.
    15? I’d leave it.
    03-15-2018 12:02 PM
    15? I’d leave it.
    Yes 15 jajaja
    03-15-2018 12:19 PM
    Ok I'm OCD myself, BUT that one I might be able to live with. Often you will see dust gather around the edges of the screen protector, THAT I generally live with or try to clean with just alcohol. But if the spec is in the viewing area, THAT bothers me and I will change it.
    03-15-2018 01:29 PM
    Ok I'm OCD myself, BUT that one I might be able to live with. Often you will see dust gather around the edges of the screen protector, THAT I generally live with or try to clean with just alcohol. But if the spec is in the viewing area, THAT bothers me and I will change it.
    Yea if it was in the viewing area of the screen I would of taken it off already, but it's in the corner and well won't be going crazy just trying to fight the ocd and just live with it..
    Last edited by Manny13840; 03-15-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-15-2018 02:12 PM
    I switch mine out every couple months, just to have a new finish. But I have never had a issue with dust. As mentioned above use a hot shower, it will drop everything in the air.
    03-15-2018 03:50 PM
    I switch mine out every couple months, just to have a new finish. But I have never had a issue with dust. As mentioned above use a hot shower, it will drop everything in the air.
    Which brand are you using? That was the problem I had with Spigen. Had to change out every 4-6 weeks. It doesn’t seem I’ll have to with the new belkin model Apple is selling.
    03-15-2018 04:03 PM
    Which brand are you using? That was the problem I had with Spigen. Had to change out every 4-6 weeks. It doesn’t seem I’ll have to with the new belkin model Apple is selling.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3050074
    03-15-2018 04:07 PM
    Tried it twice and both times there were lint.. Guess I don't have luck on this phone lol
    03-15-2018 04:14 PM
    iCarez is your answer with the install tray, full coverage over the notch, perfect fit.
    03-15-2018 05:04 PM
    iCarez is your answer with the install tray, full coverage over the notch, perfect fit.
    Not planning to get a 16th SP lol...
    03-15-2018 05:14 PM

Would any of you able to live with that? I am trying to live with it... Can you live with it if your X had a tiny spec or lint or dust behind protector?
    I could easily live with a “tiny spec, lint or dust behind the protector”. I’m not OCD like that! With that being said, I don’t put a screen protector or even a case on my iPhone. If dirt, dust, lint or even water get on my device, I can quickly wipe it off.
    Manny13840 likes this.
    03-15-2018 05:35 PM
    I could easily live with a “tiny spec, lint or dust behind the protector”. I’m not OCD like that! With that being said, I don’t put a screen protector or even a case on my iPhone. If dirt, dust, lint or even water get on my device, I can quickly wipe it off.
    Yea most likely I am heading to that route of not having a Screen Protector, through I do intend to use a case, I got the otterbox Strada folio case... But for now I keep the SP on until I really get tire of it and just just no SP.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-15-2018 05:37 PM
    ea most likely I am heading to that route of not having a Screen Protector, through I do intend to use a case, I got the otterbox Strada folio case... But for now I keep the SP on until I really get tire of it and just just no SP.
    My son has that case with a 8, still cracked the SP with a drop, saved the phone though.

For me i wouldn't bother with a SP with that case, but i am not a dropper.

The iCarez are cheap on Amazon for a 2 pack, best ever SP especially for X.
    03-15-2018 07:46 PM
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Go to the Apple Store and get a Belkin screen protector. The Apple Store employees will install it with this fancy little machine and it's a perfect install every time, no dust, no dirt. And if there is dust, they remove it and put on another one with no extra charge (happened to me today).
    Roguefoxx likes this.
    03-15-2018 07:52 PM
    I agree with what everyone else has said. Go to the Apple Store and get a Belkin screen protector. The Apple Store employees will install it with this fancy little machine and it's a perfect install every time, no dust, no dirt. And if there is dust, they remove it and put on another one with no extra charge (happened to me today).
    This... works every time. From my experience the Apple store employees will not let you leave without a perfect install.
    03-15-2018 08:08 PM
    I simply don't use a screen protector. Never have. Never will. I do use a good protective case.
    03-15-2018 08:12 PM
    That would be a 6 hour drive each way for me to do that.
    03-15-2018 08:27 PM
    That would be a 6 hour drive each way for me to do that.
    Same here. By the time I found out I had lint after apple installed it, it was too late. I don’t like to be like staring at the phone looking for a spec of dust or lint in front of them it will make me look like a fool and be taking there time. So even those machines aren’t perfect.
    03-15-2018 09:29 PM
    My son has that case with a 8, still cracked the SP with a drop, saved the phone though.

For me i wouldn't bother with a SP with that case, but i am not a dropper.

The iCarez are cheap on Amazon for a 2 pack, best ever SP especially for X.
    I’m not a dropper either. Never have I dropped a phone in my life (knock on wood) been always careful with them and where I put it. I mostly put a SP for habit reasons seeing the phone without one was weird I didn’t use a SP on my X for a about two weeks and it felt weird without a SP. But even its a habit I have a OCD issue with it jajaja just when locking doors I have to check like so many times. I’m actually loving the case so far and how it has a lip and well the cover protects the screen maybe by time passes I’ll take off the SP.
    03-15-2018 09:33 PM
53 123