Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have gone through several screen protectors and none have come out perfect even using bathroom method. I got this one on and its ok, but one corner you can see it has a tiny dust(spec) I tried using tape and it won’t come out, I’m leaning to leave it hopefully my ocd goes away. What would you guys do? Just deal with it? I also went for a while without a screen protector I do have AC+ but rather a SP on for now...
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The biggest secret is just having a dust free environment, wiping the screen down with some sort of cleaner, drying it off, using something sticky to remove any dust from the cloth you used to dry, and not peeling the protector off to install until you’re actually putting it on. It doesn’t always go as planned, but if all you have is one single speck, as long as it’s not in the way I wouldn’t worry about it.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The biggest secret is just having a dust free environment, wiping the screen down with some sort of cleaner, drying it off, using something sticky to remove any dust from the cloth you used to dry, and not peeling the protector off to install until you’re actually putting it on. It doesn’t always go as planned, but if all you have is one single speck, as long as it’s not in the way I wouldn’t worry about it.

Yea its just that single speck, thanks for your input bud, I’m just going to try to ignore it. Just wanted someone else’s point of view. Anyone has specks or one single thing and left it?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have tired many ways including wiping both the screen and the screen protector with all the dust collection clothes they provide and it’s a crap shoot.

Sometimes I get one without any dust and sometimes it has a couple of tiny specs. I have just learned to accept the end result and move on. Most of the time I never notice the specs anyways when the screen is on.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have tired many ways including wiping both the screen and the screen protector with all the dust collection clothes they provide and it’s a crap shoot.

Sometimes I get one without any dust and sometimes it has a couple of tiny specs. I have just learned to accept the end result and move on. Most of the time I never notice the specs anyways when the screen is on.

That's true... dust specks they are not as noticeable when the screen is on, and I've forced myself to ignore a tiny one I have on my 8 Plus. I've also learned to pay for someone to install my screen protectors because they do a much better job than I have EVER been able to do. I have failed [epically] every single time.... at home, at work, at my Mother in law's.... UGH! :)

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
That's true... dust specks they are not as noticeable when the screen is on, and I've forced myself to ignore a tiny one I have on my 8 Plus. I've also learned to pay for someone to install my screen protectors because they do a much better job than I have EVER been able to do. I have failed [epically] every single time.... at home, at work, at my Mother in law's.... UGH! :)

Me too, Best buy installed one of them and left bunch of lints due the cloth they used.. So I had a friend who installs them pretty good but left that speck/dust in the left shown in the picture, I used a tape but doesn't come out so I don't want to keep messing it. Just need to ignore it. Probably in months I'll take it off and go without a screen protector anyways.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

You use screen protectors? I saw one of your posts you saying you don't use them anymore. If you don't use one have you gotten any micro scratches?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
You use screen protectors? I saw one of your posts you saying you don't use them anymore. If you don't use one have you gotten any micro scratches?

I go back and forth using them, I was sent some demo ones to tryout on my iPhone X and I find myself liking them and haven't taken the demo one off yet. I have had issues in the past with my touch screen sensitivity when using them, but haven't had any of those issues with the X, so it's working out well so far.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You have an Apple store near? They install theirs with a machine. Perfect straight install with no lint, period. It’s perfect every time.
4c5dba913d6876d354a8dfca4ad9f2ef.jpg

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nope it's far lol and actually I did have them install one, and there were couple of specks behind it...... The one I have is perfectly aligned just that one tiny speck in the corner that won't take off with tape tried it couple of times....

Then they didn’t do it right. Or they didn’t clean it right. Apple did both mine and wife’s and no lint at all. As soon as they took off the slab of tape, they dropped it right into the machine. Almost impossible to get lint on the screen in that split second.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Then they didn’t do it right. Or they didn’t clean it right. Apple did both mine and wife’s and no lint at all. As soon as they took off the slab of tape, they dropped it right into the machine. Almost impossible to get lint on the screen in that split second.

The guy did that, and there were still lint behind it.. Once he took off the big tape he put it down right away and still got lint in there. Right in the middle of the phone I did not notice until later in the day. So I got a friend to put in a new one he did awesome but the tiny dust particle shown in the picture in top right corner, I tried tape but doesn't come off..

Would any of you able to live with that? I am trying to live with it... Can you live with it if your X had a tiny spec or lint or dust behind protector?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The guy did that, and there were still lint behind it.. Once he took off the big tape he put it down right away and still got lint in there. Right in the middle of the phone I did not notice until later in the day. So I got a friend to put in a new one he did awesome but the tiny dust particle shown in the picture in top right corner, I tried tape but doesn't come off..

Would any of you able to live with that? I am trying to live with it... Can you live with it if your X had a tiny spec or lint or dust behind protector?

Live chat? No I’m at work. Me if the dust is viewable while screen is on and in the middle area, it would drive me nuts. If it’s more off in the corner it wouldn’t bother me.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Run a hot shower, let the bathroom get nice and steamy. Apply the screen protector in the steamy bathroom.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Live chat? No I’m at work. Me if the dust is viewable while screen is on and in the middle area, it would drive me nuts. If it’s more off in the corner it wouldn’t bother me.

Live chat?? I meant if you can live with that particle in the corner.

Mine is the in corner if you see the picture, its on the right top corner, a tiny bubble on the edge of the protector, it's there and there is a tiny dust particle but its in the corner. When screen is on of course it isn't viewable and you can only see the particle if you look from the top when screen is on and on white backgrounds, but who looks on there phone from the top view, good thing the particle is on the edge exactly between the bezel and active screen looking on top angle makes it look like its on the actual screen but it is not, it's on the bezel side of it... Just trying to fight my OCD and hoping I ain't only one with something like that and trying to find someone who can live with it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yea its just that single speck, thanks for your input bud, I’m just going to try to ignore it. Just wanted someone else’s point of view. Anyone has specks or one single thing and left it?

Easier said than done! I've changed screen protectors for 1 spec before! LOL

It's kinda like cracked screen for me. I always get SO annoyed when I see someone using a phone with a cracked screen. Once I had a cracked iPad and I paid to get it repaired rather than live with the small crack!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Run a hot shower, let the bathroom get nice and steamy. Apply the screen protector in the steamy bathroom.

Tried that bud, lint and some dust particles were still able to somehow sneak behind it... I tried twice.. Just trying to find out if anyone can live with it.. thats all no need of how to apply them, have gone through so many around 15 that I already gave up and going to try to live with it.... Just wanting to see how many can live with it here thats all.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't think it would bother me too much in the corner like that. I've had some doozy installs that I just learned to live with, and some that I took off and trashed right away.
I have noticed though the more time I take trying to get every speck of dust off my phone, the worse the install goes. If I just give it a quick wipe, a quick clean, another quick wipe, then align quickly everything goes much more smoothly. Fewer bubbles, straighter alignment, and less dust.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it would bother me too much in the corner like that. I've had some doozy installs that I just learned to live with, and some that I took off and trashed right away.
I have noticed though the more time I take trying to get every speck of dust off my phone, the worse the install goes. If I just give it a quick wipe, a quick clean, another quick wipe, then align quickly everything goes much more smoothly. Fewer bubbles, straighter alignment, and less dust.

Thank you, good thing its not in the middle.. hopefully my ocd goes away soon with more use of it and once the SP gets scratches it my ocd goes away.. but just wanted to see what some of you might of done if it was in the corner

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro