I can’t seem to save email attachments to my iPhone locally. When I choose save to files, I can only choose cloud drive options such as iCloud or OneDrive. I can’t select to my iPhone option.
    Is there a way to save to the phone itself??
    03-11-2018 04:11 AM
    You should be able to save photos and pdfs to Notes.
    03-11-2018 06:26 AM
    I can’t seem to save email attachments to my iPhone locally. When I choose save to files, I can only choose cloud drive options such as iCloud or OneDrive. I can’t select to my iPhone option.
    Is there a way to save to the phone itself??
    That’s because you can only save to iCloud, that’s the one thing I miss from my Blackberry OS10 days, I could save files to my device locally. I think Android also allows you to save locally to your device. But unfortunately Apple doesn’t allow this.
    03-11-2018 07:11 AM
    Which "iPhone option" do you want to save your attachment to? I can save pdf files to Notes and iMessage from mail. I don't have the new files app.
    03-11-2018 09:45 AM
    Which "iPhone option" do you want to save your attachment to? I can save pdf files to Notes and iMessage from mail. I don't have the new files app.
    I’d like to save any attachment (PDF, word, excel etc) to the local folder in iPhone. I downloaded documents 6 app and then I can save it to that app then when I go to the files app I can see the failed store locally. It’s strange that after all theses years iOS still doesn’t allow access to the local drive.
    03-11-2018 11:04 AM
    I’d like to save any attachment (PDF, word, excel etc) to the local folder in iPhone. I downloaded documents 6 app and then I can save it to that app then when I go to the files app I can see the failed store locally. It’s strange that after all theses years iOS still doesn’t allow access to the local drive.
    I keep pdf files in iBooks. That works for me. What "local folder" do you refer to? The Files app?
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-11-2018 02:11 PM
    I keep pdf files in iBooks. That works for me. What "local folder" do you refer to? The Files app?
    Yes. I would like to create folders in iPhone itself and save files. Looks like we still have no way of doing it on the phone.
    03-11-2018 02:46 PM
    Yes. I would like to create folders in iPhone itself and save files. Looks like we still have no way of doing it on the phone.
    You can create folders and organize them as you want in the file app. At least it possible in iOS 11
    03-11-2018 02:57 PM
    I have been able to save PDFs into iBooks for sometime; I do this with newsletters, etc. The new Apple Files Folder is a possibility as well. And you can also save files into Notes. I prefer either iBooks or Files. And of course, Google Drive is another option if you use that. Dropbox would be another option as well.
    03-12-2018 11:23 AM
    Yes, there are ways to do this. Apple's Files app, iBooks, Notes, Google Drive, Dropbox, to name a few. Here's a link to an article on how to use Apple's Files App.
    03-12-2018 11:24 AM