Save email attachment to iPhone

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
I can’t seem to save email attachments to my iPhone locally. When I choose save to files, I can only choose cloud drive options such as iCloud or OneDrive. I can’t select to my iPhone option.
Is there a way to save to the phone itself??

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I can’t seem to save email attachments to my iPhone locally. When I choose save to files, I can only choose cloud drive options such as iCloud or OneDrive. I can’t select to my iPhone option.
Is there a way to save to the phone itself??

That’s because you can only save to iCloud, that’s the one thing I miss from my Blackberry OS10 days, I could save files to my device locally. I think Android also allows you to save locally to your device. But unfortunately Apple doesn’t allow this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Which "iPhone option" do you want to save your attachment to? I can save pdf files to Notes and iMessage from mail. I don't have the new files app.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Which "iPhone option" do you want to save your attachment to? I can save pdf files to Notes and iMessage from mail. I don't have the new files app.

I’d like to save any attachment (PDF, word, excel etc) to the local folder in iPhone. I downloaded documents 6 app and then I can save it to that app then when I go to the files app I can see the failed store locally. It’s strange that after all theses years iOS still doesn’t allow access to the local drive.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’d like to save any attachment (PDF, word, excel etc) to the local folder in iPhone. I downloaded documents 6 app and then I can save it to that app then when I go to the files app I can see the failed store locally. It’s strange that after all theses years iOS still doesn’t allow access to the local drive.

I keep pdf files in iBooks. That works for me. What "local folder" do you refer to? The Files app?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have been able to save PDFs into iBooks for sometime; I do this with newsletters, etc. The new Apple Files Folder is a possibility as well. And you can also save files into Notes. I prefer either iBooks or Files. And of course, Google Drive is another option if you use that. Dropbox would be another option as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77