Creaking X?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
FedEX came by and I left a note on the door as usual because it’s an indirect signature required. They ignored the note and put a door tag for me to sign so they can deliver it tomorrow when I won’t be home. He rang the doorbell and basically rushed back to his truck after placing a tag on the door. I called FedEX and they’re telling me I can pick it up after 4PM but there’s no way I’m doing that because the 3 routes there are traffic congested and it’s a 24 mile drive each way. Which is a bummer because there is a FEDEX warehouse 5 minutes away but I think it’s a hub.

So no phone today. I paid $30 for overnight and they refused to leave it for a signed note. But they’ll leave it to a signature tomorrow? I called FedEX and I’m awaiting a possible delivery today but if not I’m asking them to do something about the $30 fee. They always tell me I can leave a note and for the 100th time I did but this time they ignored it. I’m not paying $30 for two-day shipping.

/vent

Note: For the record I was home for delivery. Three cars in the driveway with a note yet he leaves me a tag to sign for delivery if I’m not gonna be home tomorrow. Lol, are you serious? SMH

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’ll have a replacement tomorrow. I don’t have the time to make a 30 minute drive there, wait for the technician to check it and then drive home in traffic so I had to do it over the phone. Unfortunately, that also means I had to pay $30 for an Advanced Exchange which means they’re overnighting me a new device today and I send mine back within 10 days. I’m not extremely happy about paying this but sometimes when life throws you a problem you have to take the best solution available. Plus, given that I’ve heard some people have been told by the stores this is within normal limits, it could turn into more of a headache later on. Ah well, it’s been an expensive month overall for me lately so what’s another $30?

Since January, I’ve had to:

Replace the HFL Bluetooth module on my car ($600, they wanted $2000 but I worked it down)

Replace my car battery with a larger one because the factory recommend isn’t reliable. Upgraded originally from a 430cca to a 450cca Optima because it’s all that fit. I modified my car to a 700cca Optima so I’m okay now... that’s $255 extra

My driver side mirror randomly cracked. $190 to replace due it being a heated mirror

iPhone replacement, $30 advanced fee.

I’m opening up a Go Fund Me page. Any helpers want to donate?

That is a lot of bad luck!!! Hope things turn around for you!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
FedEX came by and I left a note on the door as usual because it’s an indirect signature required. They ignored the note and put a door tag for me to sign so they can deliver it tomorrow when I won’t be home. He rang the doorbell and basically rushed back to his truck after placing a tag on the door. I called FedEX and they’re telling me I can pick it up after 4PM but there’s no way I’m doing that because the 3 routes there are traffic congested and it’s a 24 mile drive each way. Which is a bummer because there is a FEDEX warehouse 5 minutes away but I think it’s a hub.

So no phone today. I paid $30 for overnight and they refused to leave it for a signed note. But they’ll leave it to a signature tomorrow? I called FedEX and I’m awaiting a possible delivery today but if not I’m asking them to do something about the $30 fee. They always tell me I can leave a note and for the 100th time I did but this time they ignored it. I’m not paying $30 for two-day shipping.

/vent

Note: For the record I was home for delivery. Three cars in the driveway with a note yet he leaves me a tag to sign for delivery if I’m not gonna be home tomorrow. Lol, are you serious? SMH

I've gotten to really hate FedEx, I've had similar issues where they'd give "exceptions" for really poor reasons. I'm at the point now that I always attempt to leave it at the warehouse, if an Air shipment, or at a local Walgreens, if ground. FedEx has separate warehouses for Air and Ground, what is odd is that they won't even send the ground shipments to the Air warehouse for pickup -- I have to send it to a FedEx store or a Walgreens. It typically takes an extra day to get it delivered to Walgreens (they "need" a day to change the label on the package) but at least I don't get the delivery exception.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I've gotten to really hate FedEx, I've had similar issues where they'd give "exceptions" for really poor reasons. I'm at the point now that I always attempt to leave it at the warehouse, if an Air shipment, or at a local Walgreens, if ground. FedEx has separate warehouses for Air and Ground, what is odd is that they won't even send the ground shipments to the Air warehouse for pickup -- I have to send it to a FedEx store or a Walgreens. It typically takes an extra day to get it delivered to Walgreens (they "need" a day to change the label on the package) but at least I don't get the delivery exception.

That’s likely why because the one by my house is ground. But oh well, it’s here and seems to be solid. I will set it up tonight after I shower because it’s easier to install screen protectors then and it needs to heat up right now as it’s cold.

Truthfully I’ve begun to dislike a lot of companies lol.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

That’s likely why because the one by my house is ground. But oh well, it’s here and seems to be solid. I will set it up tonight after I shower because it’s easier to install screen protectors then and it needs to heat up right now as it’s cold.

Truthfully I’ve begun to dislike a lot of companies lol.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I applied a cheap Tempered Glass protector and put it in my Speck Grip. Ready to roll once it updates! No abnormal noises coming from the phones body at all which I’m extremely happy about. Too bad the glass has two small bubbles but they generally go away. I pushed them down but they come back so I’m hoping for the best. Either way, no biggie. It’s perfectly aligned, minimal to no dust underneath and it’s being replaced with Belkin once the replacement arrives.

Edit: This cheap protector fingerprints up so much.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Here’s an oddity to report. My battery life is superior to my old iPhone X. Everything is setup the same way but it’s lasting much longer. I’m just speculating here but maybe my battery was puffing up and causes the creaking?

Long shot I’m sure but this battery is much better.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m not trying to make a big issue about this but does anyone else’s iPhone X creak on the upper corners? I just reached over to hit my mute switch and it creaks now and this just started to happen in the last few hours. I’ve had the device since November 29th so it’s possible it just formed an abnormality. I’ve read others have had the issue but I’ve also read many haven’t had such an issue as of yet. It’s been mixed results with Apple for those that have had issues as some Apple employees say it’s within normal limits and others say it shouldn’t happen. I am a firm believer that with the build materials used there shouldn’t be an issue but then again who knows.

Anyone else? I will likely head to an Apple Store but I’m waiting until my new Belkin protector arrives because mine started lifting on the top left corner. Oddly enough, this is where I’m starting to hear the creak nearly 2 weeks later so I’m wondering if there’s an underlying issue there. I applied a cheap glass protector and it’s sticking fine but nonetheless I wonder if the flex caused a lift.

On a side note, I’ve also had static on my speaker when listening to music at the top 2 volumes and also the speaker phone. I don’t think everyone has this issue so I may be requesting a replacement based on this issue too if necessary.

Just noticed by accident mine does creak in top left corner. Same area as yours. Tested wife’s X. Hers creaks too. Just not as bad as mine.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to creak central. Mine creaks up near the ear speaker when wiping with a microfiber cloth.

Yeah it seems most do in that exact same spot. Must be what’s underneath there or something. I’m sure many would never notice but once you notice, you can always hear it now.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it seems most do in that exact same spot. Must be what’s underneath there or something. I’m sure many would never notice but once you notice, you can always hear it now.

I don’t have any unusual creaking ever since replacing my device. I guess it may be there but I’ve tried before and didn’t notice anything. The creaking on my old device, as you already mentioned, was much worse than what you’re noticing now. I could touch that device anywhere and it would creak as much as an old plastic phone. As of now my phone is solid and I’m loving it with this newly designed Belkin Glass.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711