Lol. I do a cache wipe at least once a month. It's so easy and there's only something to gain, nothing to lose.
    BTW, this is not entirely true. Apps cache data for a reason. Wiping the cache may require the app to download or recalculate data again, taking time and bandwidth and reducing battery life.
    03-15-2018 04:18 AM
    Personally I have not been a Samsung fan since the Nexus S, I played around with a few of the note series devices which have their purpose in todays market. For myself, the iPhone has been a great tool for my business and integrates with my Mac desktop better then any product out there. I will say this, that if Blackberry would have really put a serious effort into OS10, I would also be using a Blackberry OS10 device along side my iPhone X.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-15-2018 05:35 AM
    BTW, this is not entirely true. Apps cache data for a reason. Wiping the cache may require the app to download or recalculate data again, taking time and bandwidth and reducing battery life.
    On Android, the /cache partition doesn't hold app data cache. It's mostly log files, specifically the download for Android system updates is downloaded to /cache, and there are a few other system files that are stored there. (For example, there is a folder called "lost+found" that stores files that weren't properly written back to the file system if, say, a user removes an SD card without dismounting it.)
    tadpoles and scruffypig like this.
    03-15-2018 05:40 AM
    On Android, the /cache partition doesn't hold app data cache. It's mostly log files, specifically the download for Android system updates is downloaded to /cache, and there are a few other system files that are stored there. (For example, there is a folder called "lost+found" that stores files that weren't properly written back to the file system if, say, a user removes an SD card without dismounting it.)
    You beat me to it.
    doogald likes this.
    03-15-2018 06:09 AM
    Personally I have not been a Samsung fan since the Nexus S, I played around with a few of the note series devices which have their purpose in todays market. For myself, the iPhone has been a great tool for my business and integrates with my Mac desktop better then any product out there. I will say this, that if Blackberry would have really put a serious effort into OS10, I would also be using a Blackberry OS10 device along side my iPhone X.
    The gestures on bb10 OS was what made it great and that is why I’m now back with Apple on an iPhone X. BB10 had it first before iOS but iOS is the one that will live on...
    03-15-2018 08:58 AM
    The gestures on bb10 OS was what made it great and that is why I’m now back with Apple on an iPhone X. BB10 had it first before iOS but iOS is the one that will live on...
    I know several folks who bought the iPhone X who where Blackberry OS10 users and liked the gesture concept and they all love the device.
    03-15-2018 10:00 AM
    It’s actually been on iOS for many years but through jailbreak only. I know, not quite the same when only available that way. So when the gestures came to the X, I really enjoyed them because it took me back to the days when jail breaking was very hot.
    03-15-2018 10:21 AM
    All that said, I'm not sure Apple is any better in that regard. It seems with iOS 11 they are getting pretty aggressive with memory management. Probably to help keep resource intensive apps running more smoothly, also for the overall smoothness of the device. It probably helps with battery life a little as well.
    I've noticed this as well. It's been a thorn in my side since I got the iPhone X. Here is the most powerful and most expensive device that Apple has ever built, yet my apps constantly shutting down because of overly aggressive memory management. This definitely wasn't the case before but you are completely correct in your observation - it is happening a lot now. It really makes the whole multitasking experience look immature.
    03-26-2018 02:08 PM
33 12