Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Hi,

Can someone with an X confirm screen compatibility with these apps? I don't see the screen compatibility mentioned in the release notes.

I was going to buy a X phone but can't imagine less display than my 7 Plus has for these apps.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mera...mUvbUpU3046617
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/offi...mUvbUpU3046617

Thank you.
    02-27-2018 07:35 AM
    Hi, both of them gut cut out on top and bottom. Seems like the apps adjust the size into like an iPhone 7.
    App display deal breaker?-img_2757.jpg
    App display deal breaker?-img_2758.jpg
    02-27-2018 07:48 AM
    Adoption for the new aspect ratio has been quicker than I imagined, definitely much quicker than when iPhone 5 hit the market. I wouldn’t necessarily let a couple of apps that haven’t yet updated sway your decision. Just my two cents!
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 02-27-2018 at 08:26 AM.
    02-27-2018 08:16 AM
    Leaving some feedback on iTunes might help persuade the app developers to speed up their efforts on updating their apps!
    02-27-2018 08:40 AM
    Hi, both of them gut cut out on top and bottom. Seems like the apps adjust the size into like an iPhone 7.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2757.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	122429
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2758.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	122430
    Thank you. My interpretation is the X will have the shrunken (for a Plus user) standard iPhone size.

Adoption for the new aspect ratio has been quicker than I imagined, definitely much quicker than when iPhone 5 hit the market. I wouldn’t necessarily let a couple of apps that haven’t yet updated sway your decision. Just my two cents!
    That's crazy when you're the senior IT admin, have business units that never shut down, and the apps are vital for the 750 employees and many thousands of customers.

I am surprised with Office 365. It's been an amazing environment for all of our iPhones and iPads otherwise.

The current Meraki home page looks like an iPhone X.

https://meraki.cisco.com

A 7 and 8 Plus model works fine. The camera specs are attractive. Otherwise the X is looking a bit toward toy in the tool vs toy decisions you make in enterprise admin.

My users who have the X are happy but they're all simple users and the marketing department. Marketing and keeping an enterprise running are different worlds.

Leaving some feedback on iTunes might help persuade the app developers to speed up their efforts on updating their apps!
    I've submitted cases and comments directly from my admin consoles. Both have feature requests and both vendors are generally as good as it gets. I do not know how well Cisco and Microsoft watch app comments but they absolutely watch support cases and feature requests at the enterprise level.

Thanks all.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    02-27-2018 10:57 AM

When the 5 was released no mobile was in the league these apps are in now.

Beyond core monitoring, I've used the Meraki app to find a bad patch cable when I'm 1000+ miles or out of the country away. I get alarms for malicious activities at the network level before any anti-virus software has know about the problem.

Display size aside, the Microsoft admin app does what used to be making an VPN connection and fat app or terminal services to a server console. I get alarms to know about problems so I can be proactive with my users. It's become so useful with a Plus phone that I don't want to give that up.

I do get all the great features of the phone but my day job needs tool before toy. If Apple and enterprise partners don't have this done 4+ months after product release I have a much better understanding of comments about poor sales and imperfect product.
    02-27-2018 11:10 AM
    Even if it is full screen top to bottom it is still smaller side to side, so you are probably better off with the plus if you value screen size above everything else.

Hopefully later in the year there will be the full screen plus size phone that is rumored. That would seem to suit your needs better.
    02-27-2018 11:31 AM
    Even if it is full screen top to bottom it is still smaller side to side, so you are probably better off with the plus if you value screen size above everything else.

Hopefully later in the year there will be the full screen plus size phone that is rumored. That would seem to suit your needs better.
    Thank you.

Observing my c suite users, it seemed like some apps are quite shrunken while those optimized for X are only a little smaller side to side. I would live with the latter for the carry friendly aspects.

OTOH, at around 2.5 years of being accustomed to Plus size, same general dimensions with full glass has appeal.

Waiting would be a given if I didn't have kids needing or wanting upgrades and it being further complicated by twins among them.

02-27-2018 12:50 PM
    Thank you. My interpretation is the X will have the shrunken (for a Plus user) standard iPhone size.
    They're shrunken to iPhone 7/8 resolution. That goes for any app not updated for the X res.
    imwjl likes this.
    02-27-2018 01:44 PM
    Thank you.

Observing my c suite users, it seemed like some apps are quite shrunken while those optimized for X are only a little smaller side to side. I would live with the latter for the carry friendly aspects.

OTOH, at around 2.5 years of being accustomed to Plus size, same general dimensions with full glass has appeal.

Waiting would be a given if I didn't have kids needing or wanting upgrades and it being further complicated by twins among them.

I can only imagine the struggle of upgrading the family with twins (everything needs to be equal). Luckily mine are still a ways away from having a phone.
    imwjl likes this.
    02-27-2018 03:08 PM
    This news (if it comes true) should drive the right app and screen development. It might help resolve everything for me except two kids needing phones a lot sooner. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-priced-model Getting the late model iPad-like functionality could be pretty sweet for a power user.
    02-28-2018 08:04 AM
    Coming from a iPhone 6+, 6s+, and 7+ I haven't even thought about the screen size of my iPhone X. Too busy using it and loving it to care ...
    02-28-2018 09:41 AM
    This news (if it comes true) should drive the right app and screen development. It might help resolve everything for me except two kids needing phones a lot sooner. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...r-priced-model Getting the late model iPad-like functionality could be pretty sweet for a power user.
    If a 6.5" model X comes this year, the screen will be about the same width as the 8 Plus screen. Just taller. So any app still not up with the new aspect ratio would appear on the X Plus the same size as on the 8 Plus. But instead of bezels, there would be blank space.
    03-01-2018 12:14 AM
    If a 6.5" model X comes this year, the screen will be about the same width as the 8 Plus screen. Just taller. So any app still not up with the new aspect ratio would appear on the X Plus the same size as on the 8 Plus. But instead of bezels, there would be blank space.
    Yes, that came to mind.
    03-01-2018 03:38 AM
    Coming from a iPhone 6+, 6s+, and 7+ I haven't even thought about the screen size of my iPhone X. Too busy using it and loving it to care ...
    Being "too busy ... loving it to care" does not sound good!
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 03-07-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    03-07-2018 04:38 AM