Anyone’s Space Grey scratching?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am thinking about trading a friend my silver x for their space grey. I usually have black phones and I miss the sleekness of the space grey. His hasn’t starting scratching yet but I know unlike the silver you can’t buff out the scratches. I’m only asking here because I trust opinions on the forum and when I google search all I am going to find is stories of scratched space grey iPhones because most people won’t/shouldn’t report their iPhones are working as intended.

TL;DR

Is your space grey scratching? What happened to make it scratch? Thanks

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine has not scratched, that I’ve noticed, but I do keep it in a slim case at all times. I would imagine that if you don’t keep it in a case it will indeed scratch sooner or later.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My impression (and limited experience) is that the Space Gray doesn't really scratch unless you "damage" your device -- something like a drop directly on the side.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine has not scratched, that I’ve noticed, but I do keep it in a slim case at all times. I would imagine that if you don’t keep it in a case it will indeed scratch sooner or later.

Thanks. I figured only direct hard impact would actually damage it.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had my space grey model since the launch day and it never had a scratch on it and the silver model I traded it for seems to be holding up well too, I always keep it in an Apple OEM leather case.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No issues here. Mine is also in the Apple leather case with the bottom exposed. Not a single scratch.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't have any scratches on mine yet, but I did notice at an Apple Store that all the Space Grey Xs had the coating rubbing off and was showing silver around the Lightning port. Not really scratches, just the coating wearing off.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
A small piece chipped on on the bottom of mine. Bright silver now showing. Used Apple leather case when it happened and have no idea how it happened. Now that it chipped, i don’t even use a case anymore. If it breaks, I have AC+.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I wish I got the space gray, but it shows fingerprints more than the silver. But still, the space gray is gorgeous.

I don't think you have to worry about it scratching if you have a case for it.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
A small piece chipped on on the bottom of mine. Bright silver now showing. Used Apple leather case when it happened and have no idea how it happened. Now that it chipped, i don’t even use a case anymore. If it breaks, I have AC+.

Use a black sharpie

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the reply’s and de concerning messages. I traded for the beauty of space grey and I am in love. So beautiful. Now to find a nice case to show it off while protected. Any recommendations?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711