Anyone’s Space Grey scratching?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wonder what this looks like. Can you take a picture?

Not really big enough to get a picture of it. But here is a friends who noticed then when they took off their speck case. I posted this here a couple of months ago.
79dcb4c5bfa2d34f78cf094567c5fd25.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
what about those little bottles of car paint at the auto stores for touching up a nick on your car? That’s more permanent than a sharpie.

No way I’m painting the phone. It’s never going to be a smooth surface once you touch it up with touch up paint.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
No way I’m painting the phone. It’s never going to be a smooth surface once you touch it up with rough up paint.
I thought about getting black fingernail polish to dot on the ding on my Space Black Apple Watch, but I was worried the chemicals might react with the coating on the watch. I also though about a Sharpie as well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I thought about getting black fingernail polish to dot on the ding on my Space Black Apple Watch, but I was worried the chemicals might react with the coating on the watch. I also though about a Sharpie as well.

I sharpie does help. I did that. Just wore off after a couple of weeks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I'll give it a shot if I can find my Sharpie.

One thing I learned is to not stress out over a chip or anything. It doesn’t bother me. I know people here are trying to offer all of these patch jobs but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t even bother me. It’s just a small silver dot showing on my phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
One thing I learned is to not stress out over a chip or anything. It doesn’t bother me. I know people here are trying to offer all of these patch jobs but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t even bother me. It’s just a small silver dot showing on my phone.

I'm not too stressed about mine either. It's on the top of my watch that I never really see. That's why I haven't done anything about it yet. I may or may not fuss with it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Only if unprotected. My phones usually stay looking new because I try to keep them that way with screen protection and cases.

Then color of the phone really doesn’t even matter for anybody who it going to use full cases since all screens are black now. Well I guess unless your going to use a clear case.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am thinking about trading a friend my silver x for their space grey. I usually have black phones and I miss the sleekness of the space grey. His hasn’t starting scratching yet but I know unlike the silver you can’t buff out the scratches. I’m only asking here because I trust opinions on the forum and when I google search all I am going to find is stories of scratched space grey iPhones because most people won’t/shouldn’t report their iPhones are working as intended.

TL;DR

Is your space grey scratching? What happened to make it scratch? Thanks

85% of the time mine is in a case. If there are scratches I haven’t noticed them. I also don’t inspect my device regularly. I wipe fingerprints off occasionally and keep it moving. Without close inspection my phone still looks pristine.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I personally am not so very much interested in learning the obvious that the space grey iPhone will not scratch if in a case, or that it might scratch or collect dents when being dropped, or when constantly being carried in a tight pocket next to a bunch of keys & coins, but does it scratch easily when being used 'naked', with regular careful use, over a longer period of time?

Andrew Clark1

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am thinking about trading a friend my silver x for their space grey. I usually have black phones and I miss the sleekness of the space grey. His hasn’t starting scratching yet but I know unlike the silver you can’t buff out the scratches. I’m only asking here because I trust opinions on the forum and when I google search all I am going to find is stories of scratched space grey iPhones because most people won’t/shouldn’t report their iPhones are working as intended.

TL;DR

Is your space grey scratching? What happened to make it scratch? Thanks

My silver is awful. The stainless steel instantly was all scratched up like I to fine sandpaper to it. Was very disappointed and wished I would of got the space gray. I wouldn’t recommend silver to any one. I ever have a case on. My ladies grey is still mint somehow

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My silver is awful. The stainless steel instantly was all scratched up like I to fine sandpaper to it. Was very disappointed and wished I would of got the space gray. I wouldn’t recommend silver to any one. I ever have a case on. My ladies grey is still mint somehow
Space gray chips. Trust me I had one. At least silver you can buff with Cape cod wipes and make it look 90% better. Space gray once it chips, you have bright silver showing and nothing you can do about it.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
My silver has been in a case since day 1. I took it off to clean it today and there are little chip marks on it. I don’t know if dirt got under the case and rubbed the phone or what. Has me irritated. I keep my phones in top shape.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro