I sharpie does help. I did that. Just wore off after a couple of weeks.
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot if I can find my Sharpie.
    02-24-2018 09:10 AM
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot if I can find my Sharpie.
    One thing I learned is to not stress out over a chip or anything. It doesn’t bother me. I know people here are trying to offer all of these patch jobs but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t even bother me. It’s just a small silver dot showing on my phone.
    02-24-2018 10:07 AM
    One thing I learned is to not stress out over a chip or anything. It doesn’t bother me. I know people here are trying to offer all of these patch jobs but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t even bother me. It’s just a small silver dot showing on my phone.
    I'm not too stressed about mine either. It's on the top of my watch that I never really see. That's why I haven't done anything about it yet. I may or may not fuss with it.
    02-24-2018 10:16 AM
    Doesn't every phone or device scratch? With a case you will never see it.
    02-25-2018 07:30 AM
    Doesn't every phone or device scratch?
    Only if unprotected. My phones usually stay looking new because I try to keep them that way with screen protection and cases.
    02-25-2018 09:42 AM
    Only if unprotected. My phones usually stay looking new because I try to keep them that way with screen protection and cases.
    Then color of the phone really doesn’t even matter for anybody who it going to use full cases since all screens are black now. Well I guess unless your going to use a clear case.
    02-25-2018 10:44 PM
    Hey everyone, I am thinking about trading a friend my silver x for their space grey. I usually have black phones and I miss the sleekness of the space grey. His hasn’t starting scratching yet but I know unlike the silver you can’t buff out the scratches. I’m only asking here because I trust opinions on the forum and when I google search all I am going to find is stories of scratched space grey iPhones because most people won’t/shouldn’t report their iPhones are working as intended.

TL;DR

Is your space grey scratching? What happened to make it scratch? Thanks
    85% of the time mine is in a case. If there are scratches I haven’t noticed them. I also don’t inspect my device regularly. I wipe fingerprints off occasionally and keep it moving. Without close inspection my phone still looks pristine.
    03-04-2018 10:32 PM
    I personally am not so very much interested in learning the obvious that the space grey iPhone will not scratch if in a case, or that it might scratch or collect dents when being dropped, or when constantly being carried in a tight pocket next to a bunch of keys & coins, but does it scratch easily when being used 'naked', with regular careful use, over a longer period of time?
    04-06-2018 07:43 AM
    No scratches on mine. But I always keep it in a case and use a tempered glass screen protector.
    04-06-2018 08:25 AM
    Hey everyone, I am thinking about trading a friend my silver x for their space grey. I usually have black phones and I miss the sleekness of the space grey. His hasn’t starting scratching yet but I know unlike the silver you can’t buff out the scratches. I’m only asking here because I trust opinions on the forum and when I google search all I am going to find is stories of scratched space grey iPhones because most people won’t/shouldn’t report their iPhones are working as intended.

TL;DR

My silver is awful. The stainless steel instantly was all scratched up like I to fine sandpaper to it. Was very disappointed and wished I would of got the space gray. I wouldn’t recommend silver to any one. I ever have a case on. My ladies grey is still mint somehow
    04-06-2018 09:12 AM
    My silver is awful. The stainless steel instantly was all scratched up like I to fine sandpaper to it. Was very disappointed and wished I would of got the space gray. I wouldn’t recommend silver to any one. I ever have a case on. My ladies grey is still mint somehow
    Space gray chips. Trust me I had one. At least silver you can buff with Cape cod wipes and make it look 90% better. Space gray once it chips, you have bright silver showing and nothing you can do about it.
    04-06-2018 05:07 PM
    No scratches at all, or at least not that are visible, on my X or 8.
    04-07-2018 08:40 PM
    Mine has a few gouges in it. It fell out of my shorts pocket onto a cement floor.
    04-12-2018 09:34 AM
    I've had the Space Grey X since launch day and I don't see any scratches at all.
    04-12-2018 09:36 AM
    My silver has been in a case since day 1. I took it off to clean it today and there are little chip marks on it. I don’t know if dirt got under the case and rubbed the phone or what. Has me irritated. I keep my phones in top shape.
    06-18-2018 08:44 PM
    Mine since Nov 4th and using Apple's saddle brown leather case since the same day, up to now now scratches at all, even at the bottom.
    06-19-2018 12:43 AM

TL;DR

Just got my space grey iPhone X on Friday and I haven’t notice any scratches on the bezels
    07-04-2018 02:37 PM
42 12