Will there be an iPhone X Plus?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Count me in with those who think there will be a larger phone, but also not interested in anything bigger. Now if there was one that was smaller...

lang007

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The X is indeed a nice size but I could go larger. Heck, the Note 8 isn’t too big in my book.

I am using the Note 8 and I love love the size. Some days I wish I would have stayed with my 7+ but this phone size is AWESOME for me. I just wish the X was bigger or i would have gotten that.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Just to be contrary, about the ONLY thing I don't like about my X is the size. I wish it was smaller. If Apple made the X but with a screen the size of the 5 or 6, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I guess what I want is an iPhone SE with bezel-less oled.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Just to be contrary, about the ONLY thing I don't like about my X is the size. I wish it was smaller. If Apple made the X but with a screen the size of the 5 or 6, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I guess what I want is an iPhone SE with bezel-less oled.

I would love that too, but the X is a good compromise for me. The 4.7" phones were just big enough to not be easily usable one handed for me, but the screen wasn't all that big compared to an SE. The plus phones were gigantic but you got a suitably large screen. The X gives you a bigger screen but basically in the 4.7" body so I can deal with not being able to use it one handed all the time. An SE with a bezel-less screen would be perfect for me. That would be the only thing that would make me upgrade in the foreseeable future, but I'm not holding my breath.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The size of the X is perfect IMO not too big or too small just perfect.

Anybody needing a phone bigger than the X must have terrible eyesight. You might as well be carrying a damn tablet. Every time I see someone using a plus with two hands I am like what's the point.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Bigger screen + bigger battery + gigabit LTE = dream iPhone X for 2018.

Although it'd probably cost $1400-$1500. :|

If it truly is that price, I will honestly have to pass. That is borderline MacBook pricing. I will hate that but I already had a hard time spending 1150 on my X. Another 250-450 on top of that and apple would be getting away with murder (of my wallet)! Plus what 250-300 for Apple care+? No way.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I had an iPhone X and didn't care for the size. Great phone though. It was my first iPhone. Now, if they come out with a plus size. I will definitely get it and get rid of my Note 8. My old eyes say that there's not a phone screen too big.

I think that Apple will come out with an X plus. They didn't spend all that time and money developing facial ID and iOS gestures just for one model. Those will be the future of the iPhone.

Facial recognition worked flawlessly for me and since I never used an iPhone before I picked up on the gestures fairly quick.

Along with the X Plus I will also get an Apple watch. They've got some exciting things going on with the watch when it comes to monitoring one's health!!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re:

If it truly is that price, I will honestly have to pass. That is borderline MacBook pricing. I will hate that but I already had a hard time spending 1150 on my X. Another 250-450 on top of that and apple would be getting away with murder (of my wallet)! Plus what 250-300 for Apple care+? No way.

My guess is that the price will be lower next year. I don't think Apple will settle for less profit, but I do think they'll find ways to cut the price on the phone so they can still make their profit while not going over $1000 -- at least without buying the larger memory sizes. We know they will be getting the screens from LG rather than Samsung next year, so that is one area they'll save money. I also suspect they may go back to an aluminum frame.

My personal guess is that, if the rumors are correct about three versions, the LCD version will be between $600 and $700; the X+1 will be $800-900; and the X Plus will be maybe $150 more and around $1000. I think (or at least wishfully hope) that Apple realizes they'll have issues selling phones for more than $1000 and strive to stay under that price (again, for the base memory models). Though, honestly, some of it may also depend on how Samsung prices the GS9 and 9 Plus; the higher Samsung prices their phones, the more Apple will feel safe keeping their prices on the high side.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re:

My guess is that the price will be lower next year. I don't think Apple will settle for less profit, but I do think they'll find ways to cut the price on the phone so they can still make their profit while not going over $1000 -- at least without buying the larger memory sizes. We know they will be getting the screens from LG rather than Samsung next year, so that is one area they'll save money. I also suspect they may go back to an aluminum frame.

My personal guess is that, if the rumors are correct about three versions, the LCD version will be between $600 and $700; the X+1 will be $800-900; and the X Plus will be maybe $150 more and around $1000. I think (or at least wishfully hope) that Apple realizes they'll have issues selling phones for more than $1000 and strive to stay under that price (again, for the base memory models). Though, honestly, some of it may also depend on how Samsung prices the GS9 and 9 Plus; the higher Samsung prices their phones, the more Apple will feel safe keeping their prices on the high side.

That’s what I am hoping, I mean the 1149 was a little hard to swallow. But it was only $150 more for quadruple the storage.

The base model of the plus starting at what the x started at this year wouldn’t be a surprise. Looks like I may not jump on a new iPhone at launch this year. I don’t know, I say this but and will still probably jump at the plus model. Who knows.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried my almost new (from work) 6s Plus today and set up almost exactly like my Xes are. The performance was great but I COULDN’T WAIT to get back to the X. The X’s size had grown on me and I hadn’t even realized it. I’m not sure how much I want/need a bigger X. That said, I’ll prolly get one, if they make it, and love it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My eyesight is just fine and that isn't the reason I want a larger screen or X Plus. I prefer larger screens and the 8Plus aspect ratio actually is nicer than the X's. So hopefully the rumors of an 8Plus sized all screen X coming this fall are true.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My eyesight is just fine and that isn't the reason I want a larger screen or X Plus. I prefer larger screens and the 8Plus aspect ratio actually is nicer than the X's. So hopefully the rumors of an 8Plus sized all screen X coming this fall are true.

Just to be clear, the rumors are of a "plus size" but one that will still be a 19.5:9 aspect ration -- the same as the X. Allegedly there will be a 6.1" LCD version, I believe that will be somewhere in between the screen width of the 8 and the 8 Plus (this will essentially be the "cheap phone"), then there will be a larger screen for the Plus, a 6.5" OLED, that I believe will likely be about the same width screen as on the current 8 Plus (but a taller screen since it will be 19.5:9 aspect ratio.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just to be clear, the rumors are of a "plus size" but one that will still be a 19.5:9 aspect ration -- the same as the X. Allegedly there will be a 6.1" LCD version, I believe that will be somewhere in between the screen width of the 8 and the 8 Plus (this will essentially be the "cheap phone"), then there will be a larger screen for the Plus, a 6.5" OLED, that I believe will likely be about the same width screen as on the current 8 Plus (but a taller screen since it will be 19.5:9 aspect ratio.

6.1”. I can see a lot of people wanting that as opposed to a more expensive slightly bigger 6.5”. They better make that 6.5” do some kind of voodoo.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I would buy one it if it has no notch, whats the point of a huge screen if there is a notch blocking part of the screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
6.1”. I can see a lot of people wanting that as opposed to a more expensive slightly bigger 6.5”. They better make that 6.5” do some kind of voodoo.

If the screen is not as wide as the Plus size, I don't want it. The 6.5" will have that width. That's what I'll get, if I can squeeze it in my budget. If not, I'll get an 8 Plus to replace my 6s Plus. I'm not a fan of the new aspect ratio of the new iPhone screens. I like the 16:9 better.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just put a little more resolution at this point would be what I would want in a next iPhone X since it maximizes the screen real estate anyways, but a bigger version is also welcome. More the merrier imo

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can’t necessarily say there will be an “iPhone X Plus” but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a larger size phone based off of the original iPhone X.
I’m honestly torn. I love the iPhone X form factor but I also like really big screens. Price point will definitely play a role as well. If the iPhone X starts at $1,000 how much will a larger version cost? I’m hardly price sensitive but I do have a limit (although I managed not to hit it buying a $1,150 iPhone last year).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73