iPhone X iPhone upgrade program

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I was in the Apple store app iOS to check when I was eligible to upgrade for next iPhone coming this fall it says 10-10-18 annual upgrade is this about right and can I pay one month in advance so I can preorder ?

Even though I did one express replacement and even a store replacement they won’t mind right ?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can pay up a month in advance to be eligible to upgrade earlier. The program agreement states that the equivalent of twelve monthly payments must be paid in order to be eligible to upgrade.
I was wondering how this is going to work considering the late release of the iPhone X. If they release its successor in September iUP owners won’t yet be eligible for a release day upgrade. We likely won’t have any details until the next iPhone announcement.

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes, you can pay up a month in advance to be eligible to upgrade earlier. The program agreement states that the equivalent of twelve monthly payments must be paid in order to be eligible to upgrade.
I was wondering how this is going to work
considering the late release of the iPhone X. If they release its successor in September iUP owners won’t yet be eligible for a release day upgrade. We likely won’t have any details until the next iPhone announcement.

Since I got my phone November till next October is 12 months right?

alexrat1996

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I have another question how would I pay October payment and September so I can preorder in September ?

How will I upgrade ?

Does anyone have an upgrade eligibility 10-10-2018 ?

When I return my iPhone X will I provide the serial of the replacement apple gave me
And will I have to take my glass off ?

Will all my iPhone X cases work for next one ?

I have issue with current phone like dust in lens that apple says is normal and blue tooth issue I don’t want I swap since a new one is coming out this year.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm still bummed that I can't preorder online using iUP for T-Mobile.

That is probably not a bad thing. I ordered a Tmo branded X just after midnight on preorder night through Apple. Was 3-4 weeks out. Decided to check T-Mobile site 11 hours after preorder went live and got one though them on launch day.

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering how this is going to work considering the late release of the iPhone X. If they release its successor in September iUP owners won’t yet be eligible for a release day upgrade. We likely won’t have any details until the next iPhone announcement.

I was wondering the same thing too. If the next one comes out in September, I want to be able to upgrade on launch day like I have every year, and because it is a promised perk of the program. Does that mean I'm going to have to pay an extra month early? That's kind of a lame way to do it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing too. If the next one comes out in September, I want to be able to upgrade on launch day like I have every year, and because it is a promised perk of the program. Does that mean I'm going to have to pay an extra month early? That's kind of a lame way to do it.

Yes. You had to of made 12 payments. Unless an exception is made if they release it before 12 months from the last which is likely this year. I wouldn’t hold your breath though.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That is probably not a bad thing. I ordered a Tmo branded X just after midnight on preorder night through Apple. Was 3-4 weeks out. Decided to check T-Mobile site 11 hours after preorder went live and got one though them on launch day.

That's true. I got mine on release day from TMo with no problems. I ordered pretty early, but I read about a lot of people having trouble with the Apple app