Using both IOS and Android

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 8 Plus is my primary, and Honor 7X is secondary for now. I've been flipping between the Honor and a Moto G5S Plus lately on that second line.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I confess I would like to have a Pixel 2 as my second gadget, but I think it costs too much for a second device. And as I'm not considering stop using the X as daily driver...

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a IPhone 8+ and a Samsung 8+. Switch between them when I want to, one week IOS and one week Android . Its 2 really competent phones and both of them are great, can't really say witch one of them is the best.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've used several Android devices over the years with the S8+ being the last. Using the X now, and have had every gen iPhone except SE and 5C. I like the integration iOS provides with all my other Apple products, plus I love my Apple Watch.

With that being said I've been toying around with either adding a second line or going with another provider to get an Android phone as well. Switching sims is still a bit of a hassle sometimes with iMessage and FaceTime.

I do enjoy both OSes, it's just hard to justify the price b/c all the Android phones I'm interested in are pricey, plus the additional plan.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've used several Android devices over the years with the S8+ being the last. Using the X now, and have had every gen iPhone except SE and 5C. I like the integration iOS provides with all my other Apple products, plus I love my Apple Watch.

With that being said I've been toying around with either adding a second line or going with another provider to get an Android phone as well. Switching sims is still a bit of a hassle sometimes with iMessage and FaceTime.

I do enjoy both OSes, it's just hard to justify the price b/c all the Android phones I'm interested in are pricey, plus the additional plan.

I bounce between IOS and Android all the time wish they could combine somehow.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you guys handle texting? Easier to switch back and forth when not signed into iMessage.
I use iPhone on a primary line and Android on a secondary line (typically for work or when calling businesses/individuals to whom I don't wish to reveal my "real" number), instead of switching back and forth between the two systems on my primary line.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
How do you guys handle texting? Easier to switch back and forth when not signed into iMessage.

Theoretically as long as you turn off both FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone before switching the SIM card it shouldn't be an issue anymore. It's much better than it used to be. However, I do have one contact for some reason that we both have to delete our message threads on our iPhones for normal sms to work on my Android phones.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Theoretically as long as you turn off both FaceTime and iMessage on the iPhone before switching the SIM card it shouldn't be an issue anymore. It's much better than it used to be. However, I do have one contact for some reason that we both have to delete our message threads on our iPhones for normal sms to work on my Android phones.

This is what I do.. although I haven't had any issues doing it (even with one contact). I just switch it off before I go back to the Android phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73