Do you go naked with the iPhone X?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how many folks out there are casing up their iPhone X's in comparison to those going 'naked'.

For me, I've cycled through 5 or 6 cases already. I've always been a 'naked' guy (haha), and couldn't find a case that I really liked. That said, I didn't want to leave the phone unprotected.

SO - after some time I ended up installing tempered glass screen protectors on the front and back. It's ALMOST like no case, but still a solid level of protection. So far I'm loving it.

How about you?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Gotta have a case (albeit thin) and a tempered glass sp. I enjoy devices more knowing they’re somewhat protected.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have always bought the Apple leather OEM case for every iPhone I have had since the 5 Series. Never used it naked.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I currently have an Apple leather case. I will likely be switching it out, later today, for a Burkley sturdy snap on leather case that I bought while they had them on sale.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I carry my iPhone X without the use of a case or a screen protector. If I end up damaging it, I’ll just go back to using my iPhone 8 until I get it repaired or replaced. I’m not going to waste my time blaming Apple for the phone being too fragile or some crap like that....

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I carry my iPhone X without the use of a case or a screen protector. If I end up damaging it, I’ll just go back to using my iPhone 8 until I get it repaired or replaced. I’m not going to waste my time blaming Apple for the phone being too fragile or some crap like that....

Do you have apple care?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an Apple leather case. I will likely be switching it out, later today, for a Burkley sturdy snap on leather case that I bought while they had them on sale.

I have to admit, the Apple Leather cases are among the few cases I've rolled with in the past. They're nice.

psy_duck

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
100% naked all the way. there is no way i am covering this masterpiece, work of art with a case or screen protector! i have applecare and asurion to cover repairs and theft/lost. and no i havent dropped it yet(knock on wood).. the x is definitely way easier to hold than the older iphones.. better grip and it fits perfectly in my hands.

Martholemew

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
While the "thinness" of a phone seems to be a promoted selling feature, I always use a flip open case (open from bottom) because of the number of times it has saved me from a cracked screen

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to add I also like the Alligator case I seen available for the X. A great looking case and the 240 dollar price tag didn’t seem out of line for the quality of the product.

runciter

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Naked! Feels so good in hand. The glass back gives it more grip. I have iUP so also AppleCare. With the metal backs (6-7) I used some type of case/bumper tho.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right now I am using a speck presidio grip. I am very impatiently awaiting my DBrand grip case. I am trying to hold off buying another cAse until that one comes in

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I’ve tried several cases but after a day or two I always hate them and take them off. Phone looks/feels too good naked. I’ll admit it’s slippery but I take pretty good care of it. I also have Apple Care so if I do drop it and crack the screen I won’t have to pay full price to get it fixed.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Caudabe Sheath is my limit, anything bigger i have tried i havn't liked, even the Synthesis i have feels bulky, and a iCarez Glass protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73