Just got my iPhone x, had no idea some apps were not optimized for the device

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
At some point if there are apps not updated Apple will put their foot down. It just takes time, even Google hasn’t updated all their apps yet. It’ll happen again with the larger sized OLED screen as well.

Not so much with the larger sizes, as long as the aspect ratio is the same. It'll still take time, but not like the current issue with the X.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
At some point if there are apps not updated Apple will put their foot down.

I really want to believe that’ll happen but I wouldn’t bet on it considering there are still apps to this day that haven’t been updated for the 5.5” and 4.7” screen. Apps that still get regular updates like WWE.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have found a few of the apps I use are not optimized. Chase Bank, Bubble Cloud, Slidey really nice games to fill some time but no full screen is really annoying. Hopefully soon they will NOT have a choice.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm back on the X after a month of not using it and it's still disappointing to see many apps haven't updated yet to take full advantage of the screen. I mean, they knew the 18/9 aspect ratio and the notch were coming way back in September.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm back on the X after a month of not using it and it's still disappointing to see many apps haven't updated yet to take full advantage of the screen. I mean, they knew the 18/9 aspect ratio and the notch were coming way back in September.

They’ve actually known before then. Which makes it more disappointing. Some devs just take way too long with these updates.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Some devs are too lazy and unwilling to update, and add to that Apples ability to drag its feet on approving updates. They simply need to make it a requirement by X Date you need to be compliant period or your app gets pulled.

April is the deadline for new Apps, updates to current apps doesn't have a date, but I can see WWDC being a time to put that in place.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods