Just got my iPhone x, had no idea some apps were not optimized for the device

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I felt like because of apps not being designed yet to make full use of the iPhone x screen estate, apps became smaller than they are were for the 8 plus. Anyone noticed that?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Most all of the apps I am using have been optimized for the X screen. My BBM app was not and has been fixed in latest update, so I am a happy camper.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes they show up as you would see on a non-plus model. I think most of my apps have finally been updated. One holdout that's annoying because I use it daily is Google Inbox. Though it looks like GMail only recently got iPhone X scaling so hopefully Inbox is coming soon (most of Google's other stuff has had it for a while). Most of what hasn't been updated that I've seen is stuff that also hasn't been updated at all in months so who knows (like the iSecurity+ app my Kodak security camera uses).

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the only app I really care about having "fixed" now is Google Inbox. Seems odd since the other Google apps seem like they were updated a while ago.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the only app I really care about having "fixed" now is Google Inbox. Seems odd since the other Google apps seem like they were updated a while ago.

GMail was only updated like last week I think it was (whatever the last update was) at least according to the release notes. I haven't had it installed in a while.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I emailed with the developer of Gutterball. The app is still 32 bit. He said iOS 11 has presented him with challenges, but that he's determined to get it updated. It's the best bowling app I've found in the App Store. It offers a lot, including customization. I hope he gets it done before I update or upgrade. It just takes some longer to update. And that includes for the X.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
GMail was only updated like last week I think it was (whatever the last update was) at least according to the release notes. I haven't had it installed in a while.

Gmail updated for the X back in December, I believe. They didn't even bother putting it in the release notes. For whatever reason they've decided to mention it in their last two updates.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I felt like because of apps not being designed yet to make full use of the iPhone x screen estate, apps became smaller than they are were for the 8 plus. Anyone noticed that?

You think that's bad? Wells Fargo still hasn't updated their app icon for retina display.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Gmail updated for the X back in December, I believe. They didn't even bother putting it in the release notes. For whatever reason they've decided to mention it in their last two updates.

Ah ok I wasn't sure I've been using Inbox since last Spring when I dumped a bunch of old web domain based emails that I'd been using and swapped to GMail when I revamped a personal site. I went with Inbox since it seemed like the "new way" and since I'd never really used my GMail other than for security notifications for my Google accounts, there was going to be a learning curve either way vs. using Outlook on my PC lol.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Of course Inbox just posted an update this afternoon.............no iPhone X support still. Opened up to the same chopped off display after the update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1da9ec96fc3122fe43f2a90c2fc9ce12.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW