I'm probably not alone in this, but until recently, I really enjoyed my X. Over the last couple of weeks, for whatever reason, I'm becoming annoyed with things. The biggest being Face ID. It drives me absolutely batty when it fails. Maybe that says more about me. Idk, but it never happened with Touch ID. So much so, that I'm making a move. Obviously, I'm out of my return window, so I'm trying to maximize what I can get. I miss my 7Plus so much now, and that's what I want. I've got a place that's willing to trade a 7Plus for this X and throw me some cash as well. In the end, all I can say is "I tried." It's just not for me, and I'm going back to what works for me.
    02-12-2018 09:13 AM
    Interesting!

It has been the other way around, for me.
    TouchID was unreliable if I was too hot or eating or whatever small, dumb reason it found to fail, unlike FaceID which has proven me to be flawless.
    nr2d likes this.
    02-12-2018 09:16 AM
    Why not go to the 8 plus?
    02-12-2018 09:50 AM
    I've only had the X for only a week, but I can say I will only be going forward hoping for the X plus.
    The only thing I'll miss about the X is the small size.
    02-12-2018 10:34 AM
    I'm probably not alone in this, but until recently, I really enjoyed my X. Over the last couple of weeks, for whatever reason, I'm becoming annoyed with things. The biggest being Face ID. It drives me absolutely batty when it fails. Maybe that says more about me. Idk, but it never happened with Touch ID. So much so, that I'm making a move. Obviously, I'm out of my return window, so I'm trying to maximize what I can get. I miss my 7Plus so much now, and that's what I want. I've got a place that's willing to trade a 7Plus for this X and throw me some cash as well. In the end, all I can say is "I tried." It's just not for me, and I'm going back to what works for me.
    I can totally empathize. I thought of going back to my 7 Pluses too but decide to stick it out. I’m liking both Xes more now. Face ID works most the time for me, now, so I can live with it. I still kinda want a 7 Plus or 8 Plus or Note 8 too but I already have 3 phones (I like phones, they’re fun) and I need to be satisfied with my current toys.

Good luck and let us know, of course, whatcha end up with.
    tanknitrous likes this.
    02-12-2018 11:55 AM
    No device will please ‘everyone’ so with that being said, if you feel the iPhone 7 Plus fits your needs best, then go get one. It’s your decision , your money, and you don’t have to explain to anyone why you chose to get rid of your iPhone X. Frankly put, it’s your business.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 02-12-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    tanknitrous and mumfoau like this.
    02-12-2018 12:38 PM
    Every time I take my brand new iPhone 8 out of the box to use, I immediately start swiping the screen after powering it on. Using its home button to unlock it is now a nuisance to ‘me’. I end up putting it back in its box and go about my business of using the iPhone X. ...
    nikkisharif, jpgti and nr2d like this.
    02-12-2018 12:42 PM
    Every time I take my brand new iPhone 8 out of the box to use, I immediately start swiping the screen after powering it on. Using its home button to unlock it is now a nuisance to ‘me’. I end up putting it back in its box and go about my business of using the iPhone X. ...
    Sounds like you should just sell it.
    Just_Me_D, blaine07 and Quis89 like this.
    02-12-2018 12:57 PM
    I’m forced to use home-button iPhones for work. The thing that gets me is the frigg’n size of those bezels. They’d been fine for me...until they weren’t. That’s where the X shines...for me anyways.
    Just_Me_D and DEman19901 like this.
    02-12-2018 02:45 PM
    I actually went back to my 8 plus. Everything about it except the screen is equal or better in my opinion to the X. I like the X a lot, but the 8 Plus suits me more.
    MKNicole1988 likes this.
    02-12-2018 02:53 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! I did go back to the 7Plus today, and I'm happy with it, as I was before. Lol. I really have to force myself, and be cognizant of the fact that when Apple releases something new, I have this feeling that I HAVE to try it. I need to get over that. It's not helping my wallet.
    02-12-2018 04:13 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! I did go back to the 7Plus today, and I'm happy with it, as I was before. Lol. I really have to force myself, and be cognizant of the fact that when Apple releases something new, I have this feeling that I HAVE to try it. I need to get over that. It's not helping my wallet.
    I suffer from the same ailment. You only live once so as long as you’re getting at least some enjoyment out of trying devices...Enjoy! Congrats on your 7+!
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-12-2018 04:48 PM
    Sounds like you should just sell it.
    You're absolutely right about that....No doubt about it!....
    02-12-2018 06:32 PM
    Almost all of us suffer from that to some degree....
    bgl321 and parker5011 like this.
    02-12-2018 06:35 PM
    I’ve had the X since launch day and I still love it! I’ve been using it without a case nor a screen protector and the experience is so much better.
    02-12-2018 09:20 PM
    Still enjoying mine, no going back
    DEman19901 likes this.
    02-13-2018 06:29 AM
    I’m not going back. I’ve come completely into the X fold. There’s no more remorse. No more desire for my 7 Plus. I don’t miss... Those. Huge. Bezels. ...anymore. After using my Huawei Mate 9 (which is a nice alternative device) for a while I realize just how good the X is.
    calebt and RobertP1 like this.
    02-13-2018 06:54 AM
    Just moving forward from here, the gestures have become natural to me. The home button now seems foreign.
    02-13-2018 07:00 AM
    I adapted to gestures pretty quick and having had coming the LG V20 enjoy the return to tap-to-wake. The gestures just seem natural at this point.
    02-13-2018 07:29 AM
    I say use what’s best for you! Congrats on your 7 Plus
    02-15-2018 08:19 PM
    To me, Iphone x is the ultimate enthusiast phone, and I don't foresee many people who don't really buy expensive tech embrace it very much.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 02-16-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    02-15-2018 08:52 PM
    I’m not going back. I’ve come completely into the X fold. There’s no more remorse. No more desire for my 7 Plus. I don’t miss... Those. Huge. Bezels. ...anymore. After using my Huawei Mate 9 (which is a nice alternative device) for a while I realize just how good the X is.
    I felt the same after using the Note 8 for awhile. Great phone but still missed the reliability of my 8+
    Speedygi and tadpoles like this.
    02-16-2018 04:40 AM
    I left the note for the 8 plus then got the X. I just couldn't roll with the X anymore. I'll wait for face ID to mature. It's not reliable enough for me in the ways I use.
    02-16-2018 05:27 AM
    In the end you have to get what works best for your everyday needs, myself I love my iPhone X and think it might be the best iPhone yet and I have had every model since the first aluminum one. But, thats just my opinion and I hope everything works out for the best.
    02-16-2018 08:23 AM
    I’ve had the X for a week now and am considering buying a 7 plus instead. I like the X but for the price tag I should love it. I’d be getting a 7 Plus after having a 7 for the last 17 months. Today, I think the 7 plus, 128gb, might be the best value for me. 6 more days to go with the X. We’ll see...
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-16-2018 09:38 AM
66 123