I've only had the X for only a week, but I can say I will only be going forward hoping for the X plus.
    The only thing I'll miss about the X is the small size.
    I love the size of the X. I don’t think I could go back to a plus size.
    bgl321 likes this.
    02-22-2018 12:58 PM
    So I returned my X tonight as my 14 days were up. I wanted to give the 8 plus a try and see how I liked it compared to the X. Never had a plus before. Have a 7 before/now. After only a few hours I already miss the X. The 8 plus is gigantic to me. I’ve played with it before in the store multiple times and knew it was big but now that I’m using it, wow! I’m thinking the X is the perfect size for me but just had to try this thing. I’m going to try and give it some time but not sure I’ll make it, . Will update if I go back to the X .
    This was my problem. Had the 6. Loved the size but the 7plus camera attracted me. I got it and immediately regretted it. It was too big for me. Was gonna get the 8 and went in the launch day of the X and they had 1 left. Walked out w it. Haven’t regretted it yet.

My wife has a 7+ so when I hold her phone from title to time it kills me how large it is.
    bgl321 likes this.
    02-22-2018 01:05 PM
    This was my problem. Had the 6. Loved the size but the 7plus camera attracted me. I got it and immediately regretted it. It was too big for me. Was gonna get the 8 and went in the launch day of the X and they had 1 left. Walked out w it. Haven’t regretted it yet.

My wife has a 7+ so when I hold her phone from title to time it kills me how large it is.
    Sounds probably where I will end when it’s all said and done. Thanks for the input.
    parker5011 likes this.
    02-22-2018 01:08 PM
    It’s literally huge for no reason....if the bezels were cut down the form factor would be much better. A little too late for that though
    It may be huge to accommodate a larger battery too. Me no know.
    bgl321 likes this.
    02-22-2018 01:40 PM
    I originally bought an iPhone 7 (a month after they were released) but returned it after about a week. I returned it to buy the 7 Plus, the 7's screen was just too small for my old eyes, but I loved the feel of it in hand. So, when I got my X it felt perfect in my hand and, with the larger screen size, it also had a screen I could be happy with. On top of that (as a former WebOS users) using gestures felt a bit like "coming home." I'm one of those that are completely happy with the X; with the caveats of Apple fixing all the bugs in iOS 11 (unfortunately, it appears we are waiting for iOS 12, and this isn't only with the X) and getting all the apps updated for the screen size.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    02-22-2018 02:51 PM
    It may be huge to accommodate a larger battery too. Me no know.
    This may be for another thread but how would you compare your battery life on the 8+ with the X? In my 2 weeks I used the X it was a certain improvement from my little 7!
    02-22-2018 03:18 PM
    This may be for another thread but how would you compare your battery life on the 8+ with the X? In my 2 weeks I used the X it was a certain improvement from my little 7!
    I don’t have an 8+. I have two Xes. The X has a bigger battery than the 7/8 but smaller than the 7+/8+. From what I’ve read, results are as I’d expect with X battery life being in between 7/8 and the 7+/8+.
    02-22-2018 03:22 PM
    I don’t have an 8+. I have two Xes. The X has a bigger battery than the 7/8 but smaller than the 7+/8+. From what I’ve read, results are as I’d expect with X battery life being in between 7/8 and the 7+/8+.
    I’m sorry. I thought you had a 7+ or 8+ as well.
    02-22-2018 03:27 PM
    Interesting that the unreliability of Face ID was the breaking point. As some others have said, Face ID is more reliable for me than Touch ID was. Now I want an iPad Pro with Face ID.
    taeisme and MasterDarque like this.
    02-22-2018 05:02 PM
    Actually, the X battery is slightly larger than the 8+ battery; the X battery is 2716 mAh, the 8+ is 2691 mAh. The 7+ battery is larger, at 2900 mAh; though allegedly the 8+ battery will last longer due to the processor being more efficient.

It does appear, though, that the 8+ battery life is slightly better than the X (depending on usage); much of the reason is thought to be the FaceID scanner is less power efficient than TouchID.
    Last edited by mogelijk; 02-22-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    bgl321 and Shahzad Ghani One like this.
    02-22-2018 06:41 PM
    Actually, the X battery is slightly larger than the 8+ battery; the X battery is 2716 mAh, the 8+ is 2691 mAh. The 7+ battery is larger, at 2900 mAh; though allegedly the 8+ battery will last longer due to the processor being more efficient.

It does appear, though, that the 8+ battery life is slightly better than the X (depending on usage); much of the reason is though to be the FaceID scanner is less power efficient than TouchID.
    Thx for clarifying
    02-22-2018 06:47 PM
    Interesting stuff here. Family upgrades have me thinking about handing down my 7 Plus that is fine for the most part. Smaller and cameras are attractive. My concerns are being a true power user - senior enterprise IT admin.

• The speed and reliability of touch ID stands out.
    • Plus (7 plus) vs X battery life is another concern.
    • App formatting in the screen seems to be a disappearing concern.

bgl321 likes this.
    02-27-2018 08:11 AM
    From my experience battery life was similar for me on the 7 Plus, SE, and X. I would generally end the day at work around the same % left. I usually don't have a lot of screen on time during the day, just Bluetooth and music/podcasts, and I know others usage is much different than mine, but for me these three are about the same. I saw a couple youtube videos where the X did slightly better than the 8 plus, but I imagine you could also find others where it was the other way around.
    02-27-2018 10:24 AM
    I had the 8+ and was not keen on the X due to size but I made the switch two weeks ago and love it! I am missing the size of the plus but the screen on the X makes up for it.
    bgl321 and tadpoles like this.
    02-27-2018 10:54 AM
    I had the 8+ and was not keen on the X due to size but I made the switch two weeks ago and love it! I am missing the size of the plus but the screen on the X makes up for it.
    I love the smaller size of the X. My wife though is waiting for the X+ or whatever it’ll be called!
    bgl321 likes this.
    03-08-2018 04:26 PM
    I miss my 7 Plus too. I like my X but sometimes I think how much the phone is & I ask myself why why LoL. I think of going back to cheaper versions of iPhones but the oled screen and camera are really good. Making sure I hold on to this phone til it breaks down and get my monies worth
    bgl321 likes this.
    03-09-2018 05:14 AM
66 123