iPhone X after 2 months....

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To me, Iphone x is the ultimate enthusiast phone, and I don't foresee many people who don't really buy expensive tech embrace it very much.

Last edited:

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I’m not going back. I’ve come completely into the X fold. There’s no more remorse. No more desire for my 7 Plus. I don’t miss... Those. Huge. Bezels. ...anymore. After using my Huawei Mate 9 (which is a nice alternative device) for a while I realize just how good the X is.

I felt the same after using the Note 8 for awhile. Great phone but still missed the reliability of my 8+

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I left the note for the 8 plus then got the X. I just couldn't roll with the X anymore. I'll wait for face ID to mature. It's not reliable enough for me in the ways I use.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
In the end you have to get what works best for your everyday needs, myself I love my iPhone X and think it might be the best iPhone yet and I have had every model since the first aluminum one. But, thats just my opinion and I hope everything works out for the best.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had the X for a week now and am considering buying a 7 plus instead. I like the X but for the price tag I should love it. I’d be getting a 7 Plus after having a 7 for the last 17 months. Today, I think the 7 plus, 128gb, might be the best value for me. 6 more days to go with the X. We’ll see...

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I’ve had the X for a week now and am considering buying a 7 plus instead. I like the X but for the price tag I should love it. I’d be getting a 7 Plus after having a 7 for the last 17 months. Today, I think the 7 plus, 128gb, might be the best value for me. 6 more days to go with the X. We’ll see...

Let us know what you decide! I love the OLED screen on the X

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Let us know what you decide! I love the OLED screen on the X

Will do. The screen is beautiful!! There’s still time for me to fall in love . The sensible part of my brain says to at least try the 7 plus. The kid in me says go with the latest and greatest.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Will do. The screen is beautiful!! There’s still time for me to fall in love . The sensible part of my brain says to at least try the 7 plus. The kid in me says go with the latest and greatest.

I had the 7 plus, it was always too big of a phone for me but the 7 was just too small. The X is the perfect size it really fits in the hand nice and I've been waiting for this size from apple for years!

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the 7 plus, it was always too big of a phone for me but the 7 was just too small. The X is the perfect size it really fits in the hand nice and I've been waiting for this size from apple for years!

How was battery life on the 7 plus? I always heard it was really good but then I’ve read the X is better?! I don’t think the X is much better than my 7.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I went back and forth from my old 7plus to my X. I ended up keeping my x even after trying an 8plus to see if that would sway me. The X Face ID was surprisingly more accurate for me expect for when I first wake up. That is the only time it doesn’t work for me. Which yes, is a small compromise. I think apple will figure it out.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Face ID has started to slow down for me oddly enough. It’s definitely not as consistent as Touch ID was. I envy everyone who says it works better for them than Touch ID did.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Face ID works okay-to-well but certainly not better than Touch ID on my 7 Pluses but TID was several generations refined.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
My main gripe with the X is it would be better if the screen was same width as the plus, especially when watching surf instagram videos on x next to plus, X looks weirdly narrow.
Guess the X plus will solve that ;)

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! I did go back to the 7Plus today, and I'm happy with it, as I was before. Lol. I really have to force myself, and be cognizant of the fact that when Apple releases something new, I have this feeling that I HAVE to try it. I need to get over that. It's not helping my wallet.

Lol same phenomenon happens with me I went with iPhone X >iPhone 8plus> iPhone X now again at iPhone 8 Plus and already tempting for iPhone X ... I went with iPhone 8 Plus for its battery superiority but just can’t get over the newness and design of iPhone X and that vibrant oled panel.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
If that’s what suits your needs the best, then great! You’ll have a great device.

I prefer the X over any other iPhone just because of dual OIS in the rear cameras. I hate taking low light photos without OIS.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is why I really dislike this whole phase of 18/9 aspect ratio. I’m really hoping it’s a phase and that’s all. I’ll make due if this is going to be a permanent thing but to me a thinner but longer phone doesn’t justify fake “bezels” when watching a movie

The 18/9 aspect ratio is here to stay. Most new Android phones will be using it moving forward and I can’t imagine Apple not sticking with it.