iPhone X after 2 months....

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably not alone in this, but until recently, I really enjoyed my X. Over the last couple of weeks, for whatever reason, I'm becoming annoyed with things. The biggest being Face ID. It drives me absolutely batty when it fails. Maybe that says more about me. Idk, but it never happened with Touch ID. So much so, that I'm making a move. Obviously, I'm out of my return window, so I'm trying to maximize what I can get. I miss my 7Plus so much now, and that's what I want. I've got a place that's willing to trade a 7Plus for this X and throw me some cash as well. In the end, all I can say is "I tried." It's just not for me, and I'm going back to what works for me.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Interesting!

It has been the other way around, for me.
TouchID was unreliable if I was too hot or eating or whatever small, dumb reason it found to fail, unlike FaceID which has proven me to be flawless.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've only had the X for only a week, but I can say I will only be going forward hoping for the X plus.
The only thing I'll miss about the X is the small size.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably not alone in this, but until recently, I really enjoyed my X. Over the last couple of weeks, for whatever reason, I'm becoming annoyed with things. The biggest being Face ID. It drives me absolutely batty when it fails. Maybe that says more about me. Idk, but it never happened with Touch ID. So much so, that I'm making a move. Obviously, I'm out of my return window, so I'm trying to maximize what I can get. I miss my 7Plus so much now, and that's what I want. I've got a place that's willing to trade a 7Plus for this X and throw me some cash as well. In the end, all I can say is "I tried." It's just not for me, and I'm going back to what works for me.

I can totally empathize. I thought of going back to my 7 Pluses too but decide to stick it out. I’m liking both Xes more now. Face ID works most the time for me, now, so I can live with it. I still kinda want a 7 Plus or 8 Plus or Note 8 too but I already have 3 phones (I like phones, they’re fun) and I need to be satisfied with my current toys.

Good luck and let us know, of course, whatcha end up with.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No device will please ‘everyone’ so with that being said, if you feel the iPhone 7 Plus fits your needs best, then go get one. It’s your decision , your money, and you don’t have to explain to anyone why you chose to get rid of your iPhone X. Frankly put, it’s your business.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every time I take my brand new iPhone 8 out of the box to use, I immediately start swiping the screen after powering it on. Using its home button to unlock it is now a nuisance to ‘me’. I end up putting it back in its box and go about my business of using the iPhone X. ...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Every time I take my brand new iPhone 8 out of the box to use, I immediately start swiping the screen after powering it on. Using its home button to unlock it is now a nuisance to ‘me’. I end up putting it back in its box and go about my business of using the iPhone X. ...

Sounds like you should just sell it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I’m forced to use home-button iPhones for work. The thing that gets me is the frigg’n size of those bezels. They’d been fine for me...until they weren’t. That’s where the X shines...for me anyways.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually went back to my 8 plus. Everything about it except the screen is equal or better in my opinion to the X. I like the X a lot, but the 8 Plus suits me more.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! I did go back to the 7Plus today, and I'm happy with it, as I was before. Lol. I really have to force myself, and be cognizant of the fact that when Apple releases something new, I have this feeling that I HAVE to try it. I need to get over that. It's not helping my wallet.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses! I did go back to the 7Plus today, and I'm happy with it, as I was before. Lol. I really have to force myself, and be cognizant of the fact that when Apple releases something new, I have this feeling that I HAVE to try it. I need to get over that. It's not helping my wallet.

I suffer from the same ailment. You only live once so as long as you’re getting at least some enjoyment out of trying devices...Enjoy! Congrats on your 7+!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Almost all of us suffer from that to some degree....:)

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I’ve had the X since launch day and I still love it! I’ve been using it without a case nor a screen protector and the experience is so much better.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I’m not going back. I’ve come completely into the X fold. There’s no more remorse. No more desire for my 7 Plus. I don’t miss... Those. Huge. Bezels. ...anymore. After using my Huawei Mate 9 (which is a nice alternative device) for a while I realize just how good the X is.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just moving forward from here, the gestures have become natural to me. The home button now seems foreign.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I adapted to gestures pretty quick and having had coming the LG V20 enjoy the return to tap-to-wake. The gestures just seem natural at this point.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice