What people think

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Cool article what I get out of it is, people hate change and there really had not been much exciting and wow in the smart phone area, also the price of phones are going up it seems so people stay with what they have if it works. On the other hand me, I usually have to have the newest out there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So this guy went to a few allegedly random places to seek people’s reaction to the iPhone X as if they speak for everyone. He said he was looking for people who love the iPhone X. Here I am! I’m in Orlando, a couple of hours drive from Ft. Myers. There are three Apple Stores in this area so you would think he’d target a place like this, but I guess not. That would make too much sense.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Here what I got out of the article:

Who cares what other people think.

Did you get the X? Do you like it? Then why care what other people think?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
When the iPhone X was announced, I'll admit to feeling "underwhelmed." It really didn't sound that much better than the 8 Plus. Sure, the form factor was better (though the screen not as large, particularly for video) and FaceID was interesting, but seemed gimmicky. And not having a home button seemed odd; I'd used gestures before with a WebOS device but still had a home button.

Then, for some reason, I decided to buy one and I very quickly fell in love. I absolutely love not having the home button; going back to an older iPhone feels so "clunky." I can see why FaceID is polarizing but, with the way I use my phone, I love it. It just works for me and I like not needing to find the home button and press my finger to it.

And this seems to be a story I've heard from a lot of people, that the iPhone X didn't sound that great until they actually started using it. That gestures seemed weird for the first day, or even the first couple of weeks, but then the got used to it and they now find it hard to go back to a home button.

FaceID does seem to be the deal breaker for some; they just can't seem to adjust to it. I'm not sure what the answer is, though I can see there would be advantages to having TouchID. I just don't know that I'd be happy with whatever sacrifice is needed (either in real estate or cost) to put TouchID back on the phone. FaceID works too well for me.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
For folks who decide on the price tag, X is a let down. You first need to win that.

I bet if more users go to the Apple Store, spend some time with the X, they will have a different vote than going to a carrier store where people are packed and probably are going to have less time exploring the X.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here what I got out of the article:

Who cares what other people think.

Did you get the X? Do you like it? Then why care what other people think?

You’re telling your age. That sort of thinking is old and outdated. It’s important to know how other people think about something you’re thinking of buying because it’s important to make others feel inclusive in all things....(Laughing)....Independent thought is foreign and scary to a lot of people these days. Don’t you know that?.....

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No offense to anyone but all the article demonstrates is how much gen z and millennials think their opinion has any bearing on anything.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think it’s interesting to see some reactions to the state-of-the-art currently most expensive Carrier phone. ...but others take on it would never be a deciding factor for me. I like toys. Even expensive ones.

...but I can empathize with some of the stated feelings. I like my iPhone Xes, they’re nice, but I don’t feel as fond of them as I have for other Apple flagships.

We live in a very connected world now so it’s not surprising that some put emphasis on others thoughts and opinions. Unfortunately or fortunately , I’m not one of them...but kids nowadays? They care.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
This guy is a clown. Scrolling through his articles hey are filled with negative Apple articles. Nearly all of them are slanted articles of hate towards Apple.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
My cousin's partner has an X and we chatted at Christmas. He got it through his office. I had just gotten my 8 Plus... we had quite an animated chat about it. He loves his, I love mine. He can't eat Gluten, I can. He prefers Diet Coke, I prefer Diet Pepsi. He leans to the left, I lean to the right. And we still like each other, and have great conversations! :)

The conversation is pretty much same with close friends who have Android. No hostility... and genuine interest.

I have been at other social occasions with some rabid anti Apple folks. At the time, I couldn't believe it.... but now I can! And I can confirm that they were very hostile :D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...I like my iPhone Xes, they’re nice, but I don’t feel as fond of them as I have for other Apple flagships.
. I'm different in that regard. Up until the iPhone X, I found the iPhone 4/4S two be my favorite iPhone out of them all with the iPhone 7 Plus coming in second. Now, however, the iPhone X is my favorite iPhone model with the other two I mentioned coming in at second and third place.

We live in a very connected world now so it’s not surprising that some put emphasis on others thoughts and opinions. Unfortunately or fortunately , I’m not one of them...but kids nowadays? They care.
They tend to care about the thoughts of others as long as those thoughts mirror their own. An opposing view is straight up despised.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Despised? Oh they're not quite thaaaat bad but I get your point. It's certainly a different world than the one I grew up in. I don't envy today's youth.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They tend to care about the thoughts of others as long as those thoughts mirror their own. An opposing view is straight up despised.

Despised? Oh they're not quite thaaaat bad but I get your point. It's certainly a different world than the one I grew up in. I don't envy today's youth.

Go to any college campus today and you'll see that he's pretty spot-on.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am seeing X's all over the place in the Boston area. People I speak to are enjoying the phone and as a fashion statement it is not an issue. People are not impressed by phones anymore. Everyone has them and most people picked their team. (Apple or Android) and they are happy with it.

I have two girls in college and one has the X and the other 6S+ (won't give up the headphone jack) and the one with the X said that nobody even noticed her new phone and the other couldn't care less about the X or any other Iphone she is happy and content..

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have two girls in college and one has the X and the other 6S+ (won't give up the headphone jack) and the one with the X said that nobody even noticed her new phone and the other couldn't care less about the X or any other Iphone she is happy and content..

Smart girls indeed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2